Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if we need to come up with a list of SGA/Sparky rules, like Gibbs' rules on NCIS?
    Would we have to memorize them?

Bless me for I have sinned against the Sparky commandments... I confess to:

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    1) Thou shall respect the Sparky and know its the most epic pairing in SGA
    Breaking commandment number 1 by declaring Kate/Teyla is the most epic pairing in SGA.

4) Thou shall love Elizabeth Weir
    Breaking commandment number 4 by declaring my love for Kate Heightmeyer.

5) Thou Shall Worship John Sheppard's Unruly hair
    Breaking commendment number 5 by worshipping at the feet (as a Lemming I'm really not that much higher than somewhere around the ankles) of my owner Kate.

6) Thou Shall go to Chipolte at least once a month.
    Breaking commendment number 6 but this one is beyond my power - there's no such thing on our end of the planet.

7) Thou Shall know that the Storage and the Balcony are the sacred place of Sparky
    Breaking commendment number 7 by locking Kate and Teyla up in closets and having them make out on the sacred Sparky balcony.

Looks like I'm going to burn in Sparky hell...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Wrong set of rules to model on. We're talking NCIS, not the Bible.
      Hey at least I tried? Speaking of NCIS is it safe to say Elizabeth's eyebrow of doom is the Gibbs Slap of SGA?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Breaking commendment number 7 by locking Kate and Teyla up in closets and having them make out on the sacred Sparky balcony.

Looks like I'm going to burn in Sparky hell...
      BLASPHEMY!!! JK

We love you too much to burn in Sparky hell! I'll make sure you don't go there.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

There will be no "can't date your co-workers" rule!

Comment

So more like guidelines than actual rules...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          That would be problematic in the case of Sparky - out with it.

Comment

Rule Number 1: Never get fed on a hungry wraith that is being held captive by a genii commander?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              Rule Number 1: Never get fed on a hungry wraith that is being held captive by a genii commander?
              Good first rule.

Comment

I dont think Shep had any say in the matter if you know what I mean....
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  So more like guidelines than actual rules...
                  Parlay?

Hey at least I tried? Speaking of NCIS is it safe to say Elizabeth's eyebrow of doom is the Gibbs Slap of SGA?
                  I'd say so. Though I do think John has done a Gibbs head slap on Rodney at least once.

And it's all the easier since Elizabeth isn't even the boss on Atlantis anymore.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And it's all the easier since Elizabeth isn't even the boss on Atlantis anymore.
                    Yes, but they will be co-workers. Eventually.

Comment

Parlay?

I'd say so. Though I do think John has done a Gibbs head slap on Rodney at least once.
                      i know he gibbs slapped rodney in instinct but i'm sure he did it one more time in season two.

Comment

i know he gibbs slapped rodney in instinct but i'm sure he did it one more time in season two.
                        He did it in Return 2 also.

Comment

Yes, but they will be co-workers. Eventually.
                          Screw the rules this is science fiction not some crazed monstrosity like Glee
                          BALCONIES
                          sigpic

Comment

Screw the rules this is science fiction not some crazed monstrosity like Glee
                            Well I beg to disagree - Glee isn't crazed monstrosity, but a very good show. Some of us watch it and enjoy it. Some of us like to see people singing, others like different stuff.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I don't think you're being too specific at all. I think, for maybe the first time, someone has put it all in perspective. Amazing that after all these years, we can still find new ways of looking at this ship.

I do think it was an Epiphany for John. He finally got past his abandonment issues and knew, as illustrated in CG, that his friends would never forget him. He took that out on her in Epiphany because he thought she was the last one who would leave him behind. And in CG, he knew he would have to use his command authority in that situation to order her to not meet Kolya's demands. Now that is two people who get each other.

I don't see them as ever having sat down and spelled all this out either. From the progression you presented above, it was clear that it came about through experience and working close together every day. Too bad we never got the "off the clock" conversations that would explain all this for those who didn't notice it, but I'm not sure how anyone could still deny they are at the very least very close friends. You know what a canon fanatic I am. I can't delude myself into thinking anything happened off camera or in subtext that spells all this out. That's what fanfic is for.

It just all makes me wonder again about TPTB. If they were not writing this ship, they had a funny way of showing it. It reminds me of shows like Castle and Bones, where the ship of choice is just so very very clear. How could anyone doubt it?

And you know what else, after the Marseilles con, the whole fandom will see that Joe/Torri chemistry and wish we could go back and do it right. Oh wait....there's SGARising. \o/
                              Wow - I love this. And I read all this yesterday but my head hurt too much to respond properly to this wonderful insight.

I can't but agree with you here and i have to wonder is this some kind of miracle. Because it feels too much like continuity, and good writing and yes, in fact, ship - while PTB were swearing left and right they weren't writing it. Maybe this is just Universe being on our side? let me laugh in honor to that because we deserve it.

The thing is, within incredibily episodic SGA we had John and Elizabeth and a continuous progression of their relationship - in the beginning he seemed like he tried to oppose her more than it was strictly necessary, and she was patiently teaching him that they were on the same side, until, by the end of S1 John accepted that and in Siege we saw that he was "behind" her 100%. This change happened somewhere between Hot Zone and Siege. My own theory is that he realized she was giving him another chance even afterw hat he did in HZ - any of his previosu commanders would have demoted him to toilet cleaning function after that. However Elizabeth didn't, and after season 1 we know she fought for John remaining in position of military commander - and John realized this too.

I think I'm going to rewatch Epiphany - won't be a hard task after all. I love the episode. I think John has gotten over part of his issues and embarced Atlantis and people who were/are close to him on Atlantis as his chosen family. I think taht's when it settled in his head that he found a home where he belonged. He was at his best through rest of S2 and S3. After Carson died and after they all/he lost Elizabeth his balance shifted again, and that's something he could regain through SGA Rising season. (and it's a big pressure because "Gravity" should be a crucial episode for him, regaining this balance. oooh.)

Comment

The Ten Commandments of Sparky

2) Thous Shall know Acastus Kolya is not only the biggest Sheppard Whumper, but the biggest Sparky Shipper
                                LOL I think Rodney is far better Sparky shipper. Kolya may be good for ship on general terms, but let's not forget he is a) a bad guy, b) a sociopat, and c) there's nothing redeeming or good about him. He's cruel, ruthless and doesn't hesitate inflicting serious pain and harm to people in order to assure his interests are met - in fact I think a "terrorist" would be a good definition of him and his actions. Let's not romanticize his role much. I admire Robert Daavi and his amazing acting skills, I do. I think Kolya is far best bad guy in SGA, but he's a bad guy. Let's not forget that.

Comment

Working...
                                X