Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I finally got around to watching Stonehenge Apocalypse. That was crack, but it was fun crack. And Torri's all over the place accent was funny. Now I understand what I've heard her talk about in cons. Hey, I was just happy that she survived to the end!

"It was a robot head!"

Torri finally got to experience the horrors of Hazmat suits! Oh, and the director of the movie also directed The Real World. *squishes him*
    OMG, wasn't that a fun movie? After that and Ferocious Planet, we really need to see Joe and Torri in a crackalicious B-scifi movie together!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Has there been thought about opening a Rising thread on GW?

Or are we waiting a little longer with that? Or don't open one at all?
    I think SR mentioned something about discussing it more on Monday, when people get back from the weekend.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I think what baffled me the most about "Goa'uld" is that while "Gould" was a shorthand that the Tauri used, the Goa'uld themselves seemed to alternate between "Gwa-oold" and "Goa'uld."
      One thing I didn't understand was why sometimes they had a deep voice and sometimes not. I haven't watched that much SG-1. I'm sure there's an explanation.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      OMG, wasn't that a fun movie? After that and Ferocious Planet, we really need to see Joe and Torri in a crackalicious B-scifi movie together! )
      Yes, totally!!! That would be awesome! I don't know if I would be able to see them as the new characters, though. With Change of Plans I never saw Joe's character as John, but in Ferocious Planet the character was so John-like that I just saw him as John. If you put the two of them together I don't know if I'd be able to see beyond J/E. Of course, if they got a happy ending then I could use my imagination that it really was J/E.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I think SR mentioned something about discussing it more on Monday, when people get back from the weekend.
        Oh, in that case, I'll patiently wait for monday to come...

One thing I didn't understand was why sometimes they had a deep voice and sometimes not. I haven't watched that much SG-1. I'm sure there's an explanation.
        If a Tok'ra spoke with a deep voice it was an indication that it was the parasite talking, and when not speaking in a deep voice the host was completely in control.

With the Goa'uld, however, not speaking in a deep voice was just to throw people off. The parasite is always in control, except in the case of when Apophis died and his host lived on to die not much later. But then again, the host spoke ancient Egyptian instead so that was a bit of a giveaway that the parasite had died (if someone should have missed the final glow of the eyes).

I think talking a deep voice was just so they could show their godly powers - gave them just that little bit more of an edge.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

If a Tok'ra spoke with a deep voice it was an indication that it was the parasite talking, and when not speaking in a deep voice the host was completely in control.

With the Goa'uld, however, not speaking in a deep voice was just to throw people off. The parasite is always in control, except in the case of when Apophis died and his host lived on to die not much later. But then again, the host spoke ancient Egyptian instead so that was a bit of a giveaway that the parasite had died (if someone should have missed the final glow of the eyes).

I think talking a deep voice was just so they could show their godly powers - gave them just that little bit more of an edge.
          Thanks! That makes sense.

Here's some sugar and some Kate/Teyla for you.
          sugar.jpg
          katetey_kiss.gif

Comment

You're welcome.... and mmm... sugary goodness.

Comment

Yes, totally!!! That would be awesome! I don't know if I would be able to see them as the new characters, though. With Change of Plans I never saw Joe's character as John, but in Ferocious Planet the character was so John-like that I just saw him as John. If you put the two of them together I don't know if I'd be able to see beyond J/E. Of course, if they got a happy ending then I could use my imagination that it really was J/E.
              Plus, it'd make for some crackalicious fanart fodder.

Kinda like Darth Vader's heavy breathing.

Speaking of which, totally OT, but absolutely hilarious:

Spoiler:
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkyville, and a Happy Monday to everyone!

It's the last day of school here, but I still have to work until Wednesday, and then I'm off!!!

Trying to sync my files on my netbook and laptop so I don't accidentally double-write any fics. But I'm almost done with "On The Other Side: Ch 4" and will soon be back to work with "Everybody's Fine" and "Of Detectives and Doctors". Caldwell shows up again to stir up trouble.

Have a great day! Can't wait to read chapter 3!

Comment

I'm baaaaccckkkkk! And strangely exhausted. Anyway, just so you know, SGARising is having technical difficulties. Our webmaster is working on the problem, but there may be a delay in getting Chap 4 online. Patience will be rewarded.

Now I'm sorry I complained so much when GW is down.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkyville, and a Happy Monday to everyone!

It's the last day of school here, but I still have to work until Wednesday, and then I'm off!!!

Trying to sync my files on my netbook and laptop so I don't accidentally double-write any fics. But I'm almost done with "On The Other Side: Ch 4" and will soon be back to work with "Everybody's Fine" and "Of Detectives and Doctors". Caldwell shows up again to stir up trouble.

Have a great day! Can't wait to read chapter 3!
                    Hooray for school nearly being over!

Yeah, I'm still getting the hang of syncing my fic files between my computer and my iPad, too. But it's so nice to be able to work on them away from home without lugging around a large laptop.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I'm baaaaccckkkkk! And strangely exhausted. Anyway, just so you know, SGARising is having technical difficulties. Our webmaster is working on the problem, but there may be a delay in getting Chap 4 online. Patience will be rewarded.

Now I'm sorry I complained so much when GW is down.
                    Notice posted to the Twitter. *salutes*

Comment

There was a question over the weekend about starting a discussion thread for SGARising. I think that's a great idea. I'm wondering if one of the writers should do it or should it come from a more neutral reader, like maybe FH. What do you guys think? I want a free discussion and would of course answer any questions on there.
                      sigpic

Comment

There was a question over the weekend about starting a discussion thread for SGARising. I think that's a great idea. I'm wondering if one of the writers should do it or should it come from a more neutral reader, like maybe FH. What do you guys think? I want a free discussion and would of course answer any questions on there.
                        i think that would be a great idea. i think that those who want to read atlantis rising and see a different take on the events that transpired after Enemy at the gate should get that opportunity and should be able to voice their opinion on the stories you guys are creating and and how much you guys stick to canon.
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 06 June 2011, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Whatever you decide, I'm okay with starting a thread for it if you so wish me to do. I'm at your service.

Comment

It sounds good to me; I'd be glad to stop in and answer reader questions as well.

Comment

Whatever you decide, I'm okay with starting a thread for it if you so wish me to do. I'm at your service.
                              Thanks for offering. I think that would be a good idea since it wouldn't be coming from one of us promoting the project but from an interested reader. We can discuss each section as they are being posted. So anytime you want to go ahead and do that you can. Then we'll all jump in. And we'll also promote it on Twitter and LJ.
                              sigpic

Comment

After the break, I'll come back to you...

*commercial starts*

Comment

Working...
                                X