Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Isn't it a hoot that we have so many eyesex moments that we can all pick a different one and have a bunch left over? I pick 39:30. I mean it went on and on and on some more and they said all the things they never had a chance to say and all the things they wanted to say in the future. No wonder she hugged him when he came back. LOL
    Hehe, so very true, also an amazing eyesex moment... And yup, if you put it like that, it really is no wonder she hugged him

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    As for jealousy, maybe Irresistible but that would be stretching it. I guess you could squint and say he was jealous in Inferno when he quickly brushed her off when she asked about the men on the planet. She never showed any jealousy toward him even when he was openly flirting and telling her about getting the girl. One cool character our Liz.
    True, she never did show it, but I'm sure that somewhere inside of her, the beast of jealousy was rampaging around

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Hehe, so very true, also an amazing eyesex moment... And yup, if you put it like that, it really is no wonder she hugged him

True, she never did show it, but I'm sure that somewhere inside of her, the beast of jealousy was rampaging around
      I wonder...I think she pwned him so much she didn't have any need to be jealous. It was all her when she was in the room.

There wasn't jealousy with pretty much anyone in SGA.

HOWEVER...if you wanted to push the envelope, then...

Sanctuary.

For him, notice he tends to keep her away from good looking men. And then my favorite look:

Not jealous...just really, really irritated...
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Difficult one... Not Hide & Seek if you ask me, they just got to know each other and it was just playful banter...
        I'd go for Skanctuary... the jealousy wasn't obvious, but I'm sure Elizabeth wasn't happy with John's infatuation.
        Actually, I don't know about jealousy. maybe a little bit in Inferno, like SR mentioned. But bear in mind that jealousy is a sign of insecurity and that's something Elizabeth simply isn't. I think it would be more likely for John to feel jealous, but even then he'd tzry to stifle it and ignore it, because he is simply too noble and wnats her to be happy. Even if it's not him who's making her happy.

They're both very mature characters. Being emotionally unstable in such way, to let jealousy get to them, just doesn't sound like either of them.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

@Eri - I think he's more concerned about her safety, and heck safety of everyone else and justw ants to punch Lucius in the face. As for her in sanctuary, she is plain worried.

Like I said, they're too noble to feel jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            @Eri - I think he's more concerned about her safety, and heck safety of everyone else and justw ants to punch Lucius in the face. As for her in sanctuary, she is plain worried.

Like I said, they're too noble to feel jealous.
            For me, that's about the closest moment you could possibly label 'jealousy', but I don't go so far as to call it that, just, like I said, really irritated that she's been duped (and that Lucius is pawing a friend and he doesn't like to see her acting stupid, etc, etc).

I think you can be level headed and secure and still jealous, just not childishly so. But for me, their relationship is so low-key and solid there was never reason to be. Elizabeth never had to be worried about him because she knew he was devoted to Atlantis; he never had to worry about her because she was too darn dedicated to her job to date anyone.

There's only one eppy I can think of where we could have gotten a true assessment of whether John would get jealous--and there, the writer doesn't give them the chance to confront it because he knew John would have some kind of shiptastic reaction because there was no time--Sunday.

Comment

Ooooh... Irresistible
              He really just wanted to punch Lucius in the face
              Beast of jealousy was rearing its ugly head even though John didn't really show it

Btw, this is part of my Missing Moments series and it covers Irresistible
              Of course you have to read the whole thing to get how they got so comfortable around each other

Spoiler:
              39: Irresistible

(after the ep)

"I'm going to kill Rodney."

Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh as John walked into her quarters with those words.

"I already told him to throw all that's left of the potion away."

"Too bad, I would have liked to return the favor."

She rolled her eyes and turned back to the book she was reading.

"So?" He asked as he flopped down on the bed next to her. "How are the lingering feelings doing?"

She gave him an apologetic look. "The potion made our memories a bit fussy, but the few things I remember... God John, what you must have thought of me..."

He took the book out of her hands and put it on the nightstand on his side. Then he turned back to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I knew something was definitely wrong the moment you started flailing around him and ignoring me. You wouldn't even let me in your bed anymore."

There was a trace of pain in his voice and she held him closer. "I'm so sorry."

He shook his head. "It wasn't your fault. I wanted to shoot that b@stard but with the way all of you were acting, I knew the chances that you'd shoot me too were very big."

She cuddled closer to him. "I could never shoot you... or order anyone to shoot you..."

"With the way you were acting around Lucius... I was afraid you would."

She sat up a little straighter and looked at him. "God... John..."

He put a finger on her lips. "It's ok. I don't blame you. You weren't yourself. I could never blame you."

She gently traced his cheek. "I don't deserve you."

He shook his head. "No... I don't deserve you." And pulled her closer to seal his lips with hers.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                *LOL* I have to say, he looked and felt kinda...old...as a character in this one. But I TOTALLY dug the girl team! I was rooting for Dusty!
                Seeing as how Whispers came on the heels of GitM and The Shrine, in which he lost Elizabeth again and nearly lost McKay, I can certainly see why he'd be looking and feeling old and tired. The way that such pain and loss is becoming a constant in his life is no doubt wearing on him. Poor John. There's only so much even a hero can take.

ok, question to everyone: what do you think is the best eyesex moment?
                Oh, damn, do I have to pick just one?

Don't have pics, but you all know this one: Lifeline. Not the bit in the jumper, but later on Asuras, when John and Ronon come after Elizabeth, and she tells them to leave her. The look that passes between John and Elizabeth. May not be as long as the look in the jumper, it's certainly not as quiet, but to me, it's the most intense of all. She's saying goodbye with all she has left to give.

Actually, I don't know about jealousy. maybe a little bit in Inferno, like SR mentioned. But bear in mind that jealousy is a sign of insecurity and that's something Elizabeth simply isn't. I think it would be more likely for John to feel jealous, but even then he'd tzry to stifle it and ignore it, because he is simply too noble and wnats her to be happy. Even if it's not him who's making her happy.

They're both very mature characters. Being emotionally unstable in such way, to let jealousy get to them, just doesn't sound like either of them.
                Honestly, I think you're right. I think they're both above jealousy. I don't think even John would feel jealous so much as insecure; instead of hating on the other guy who's with the girl John wants, John would be hating on himself for not being good enough for the girl. Except in the case of Irresistible and Lucius; then John was just plain irritated because Lucius was a slimy git.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

For me, that's about the closest moment you could possibly label 'jealousy', but I don't go so far as to call it that, just, like I said, really irritated that she's been duped (and that Lucius is pawing a friend and he doesn't like to see her acting stupid, etc, etc).

I think you can be level headed and secure and still jealous, just not childishly so. But for me, their relationship is so low-key and solid there was never reason to be. Elizabeth never had to be worried about him because she knew he was devoted to Atlantis; he never had to worry about her because she was too darn dedicated to her job to date anyone.

There's only one eppy I can think of where we could have gotten a true assessment of whether John would get jealous--and there, the writer doesn't give them the chance to confront it because he knew John would have some kind of shiptastic reaction because there was no time--Sunday.
                  Very good points and you're right, with the way they both are devoted to their jobs and their responsibilities there was probably no reason to be jealous.
                  I still don't get how John ever got labeled Kirk anyway *eyeroll*

But yeah, it's also true that Sunday missed a very good opportunity at showing how John would have reacted by finding out what had happened between Elizabeth and Mike.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Oh, damn, do I have to pick just one?

Don't have pics, but you all know this one: Lifeline. Not the bit in the jumper, but later on Asuras, when John and Ronon come after Elizabeth, and she tells them to leave her. The look that passes between John and Elizabeth. May not be as long as the look in the jumper, it's certainly not as quiet, but to me, it's the most intense of all. She's saying goodbye with all she has left to give.
                    Oh, so true... that was a very intense moment. Good choice!
                    And it totally broke my heart

Sig by me

Comment

Well, you definitely said it better than i did, hehe. They don't strike me as types who feel rampaging jealousy. I like your take on it - they were both devoted to something thatw asn't a romantic relationship and hence the other had no real reason to feel jealousy. (Which is why Scumday should be rewritten). I think John's behavior would be a bit too protective, and perhaps he'd try to intimidate the John!wannabe, I mean Mike. But beneath that would be jealousy. Hmmm. Food for thought.

Comment

btw, this is my version of Sunday... also from my Missing Moments series... I really should start posting it someday

Spoiler:
                        52: Sunday

(before the ep)
                        Elizabeth awoke with a smile on her face. It was one of the first times since living in Atlantis that she awoke without the blaring sound of the alarm clock... it was one of the first times that she could sleep in late... with John.
                        "Morning sunshine." He whispered and pulled her closer.
                        "Morning."
                        He nuzzled her hair and gently traced her stomach.
                        "How are you feeling?"
                        "Better. Carson says I'm one of the lucky women that don't have too much trouble with morning sickness."
                        "That's the Liz I love: too stubborn to even have morning sickness."
                        She turned to him. "If you ever call me that outside of this room, I'll never talk to you again."
                        He slightly pouted. "I promise I'll never call you Liz outside of this room. No matter how much I like to call you that."
                        She gave him a smile. "Good, now shut up and kiss me."
                        He grinned and did just that.

(rewrite of Elizabeth and Mike Branton bench scene)
                        Mike inched closer to her, but Elizabeth backed away.
                        "I can't do this..."
                        "Elizabeth, give it a chance. It's just a kiss..."
                        "Mike, I have no problem with being friends, but I can't do more than that."
                        "Why not?" He asked, sounding a bit frustrated.
                        Elizabeth bit her lip, clearly in doubt of what she should tell him.
                        "I'm married."
                        Mike gaped at her for a moment.
                        "Excuse me?"
                        "I am married."
                        "To whom?"
                        She let out a sigh. "I can't tell you."
                        "So he's part of the expedition?"
                        Elizabeth gave him a look. "Mike, please, keep it quiet."
                        "Who is he?" Mike demanded.
                        "We promised our superiors to keep it quiet. I can't tell you."
                        Mike stood up and gave her a glare. "You could have told me that before letting me make a fool out of myself."
                        "I'm sorry." Elizabeth said, but he had already walked into the city again. She let out a sigh and wiped a hand over her face, wondering when they could finally tell the news to their colleagues. She gently put her hand on her stomach and knew the news would be revealed soon, if they wanted to or not. Only seconds later she was called to the control room.

(rewrite of the John and Ronon talk)
                        "When are you getting married?"
                        John gave Ronon a look and the warrior frowned.
                        "Who is she?"
                        "What, no one!" John said, sounding a bit panicked.
                        "You're married to someone here, aren't you?"
                        "I'm not." John tried.
                        "You're a terrible liar." Ronon grinned.
                        John pinched the bridge of his nose, threw the magazine aside and sat up straight. "Promise me you won't tell anyone."
                        "Who is she?"
                        "Ronon..."
                        "Come on, man. You know I won't tell anyone."
                        John sighed. "Promise?"
                        Ronon shrugged. "Since I only talk to you and Teyla, who would I tell?"
                        After giving his friend another look, John finally caved. "It's Elizabeth."
                        Ronon grinned like a madman. "I always thought there was something going on between the two of you."
                        "Just please, don't tell anyone."
                        Before Ronon could assure him, the city shook heavily and John and Ronon jumped up, running out of the room.

(rewrite of the ending)
                        The soldier took the box from Carson, gently put it in the container and closed the door. Only a second later the container shook heavily, indicating the tumor had exploded.
                        "Christ." The soldier cursed. "If we were a second later, we both would have been toast."
                        Carson let out a breath as he turned back to the man. "Thank you."
                        He gave Carson a nod and signaled to the control room that all was safe.

"You risked your live and the tower."
                        "Aye, to save a man's live."
                        Elizabeth let out a sigh. "Carson, I know you put the lives of your patients before anything, but you risked the city. If that explosion would have happened just a second sooner, the tower could have collapsed and you would have died."
                        "But it didn't and my patient survived."
                        "Yes he did, and we're all very happy about that. But next time something like this happens, use your common sense and think it through. You cannot put the safety of one man before the safety of this city."
                        Carson gave her a glare. "Then it matters who is on my operating table?"
                        "Excuse me?"
                        "Imagine Colonel Sheppard would have been laying on that table, would you have given the same order."
                        Elizabeth looked him straight in the eye. "Yes. Because John would never forgive me if I put his live in front of the safety of Atlantis and the expedition."
                        Carson sat back in his chair and stayed quiet for a couple of moments. "So, Atlantis comes before everything."
                        "Yes." Elizabeth answered without hesitation.
                        He gave her nod. "If a city comes before people's lives, I'll seriously will have to rethink my position here."
                        "Carson..."
                        "I'm sorry, Elizabeth, but saving a live is the most important thing in the world to me and ever since I joined this expedition..." He sighed. "I've never seen so much death and destruction."
                        "I won't deny that." She said. "It hasn't been easy for me either, but please Carson, we need you here. Don't think about the lives we lost, think about the countless lives you saved."
                        "I do little else." He confessed. "It's the only thing that keeps me going."
                        "Then keep focusing on that. But please, Carson, we need you. You are a comfort and a helping hand for so many people here. You have no idea how much we'd miss you and how difficult it would be to replace you."
                        "Everyone can be replaced." He pointed out.
                        "Yes, but some people can be replaced much easier than others and you are one of the most difficult ones to replace."
                        For a moment it stayed quiet between them.
                        "I just need some time off, to think things through. Jennifer Keller can easily take my place in the mean time."
                        Elizabeth nodded. "I understand, we'll miss you, but take all the time you need."
                        "Thank you." He said and left the office while Elizabeth sighed, wondering what the expedition would do without the excellent care of Carson.

Sig by me

Comment

Well, you definitely said it better than i did, hehe. They don't strike me as types who feel rampaging jealousy. I like your take on it - they were both devoted to something thatw asn't a romantic relationship and hence the other had no real reason to feel jealousy. (Which is why Scumday should be rewritten). I think John's behavior would be a bit too protective, and perhaps he'd try to intimidate the John!wannabe, I mean Mike. But beneath that would be jealousy. Hmmm. Food for thought.
                          Yes, you could basically envision crickets in the writers' room as they tried to decide how to make John seeing Elizabeth with Bearded!Mike NOT shippy and I don't think they could. Put him in Rodney's place in the cafeteria. There are only so many ways he could have reacted.

- Do what Rodney did and look amused: couldn't--out of character for Sheppard because he worries about her status as expedition head. Plus, we'd already had him believing she was eating with Teyla, so there would have been a question of why he was misinformed. It wouldn't have been a brush off for him like it was for Rodney.

- Look surprised: would be seen as shippy

- Look irritated: would be seen as WAY shippy

- Look curious: would be seen as shippy

And any additional scenes of John interacting with her would have been interpreted through the filter of his having seen her with Mike.

So, they just ignored it. I'm always surprised by that, actually, that the Mike and John stories are the only ones in Sunday that don't cross paths, really. Or maybe I'm not.

Comment

Yes, you could basically envision crickets in the writers' room as they tried to decide how to make John seeing Elizabeth with Bearded!Mike NOT shippy and I don't think they could do it. Put him in Rodney's place in the cafeteria. There are only so many ways he could have reacted.

- Do what Rodney did and look amused: couldn't--out of character for Sheppard because he worries about her status as expedition head. Plus, we'd already had him believing she was eating with Teyla, so there would have been a question of why he was misinformed. It wouldn't have been a brush off for him like it was for Rodney.

- Look curious: would have been seen as shippy

And any additional scenes of John interacting with her would have been interpreted through the filter of his having seen her with Mike.

So, they just ignored it and didn't have it seen, or even MENTIONED, to him.
                            ROFL!!! Crickets in the writers' room
                            I can so see them staring at each other. One of them opens his mouth, closes it again and shakes his head.
                            Another one scratches his head and lets out an uncomfortable cough.
                            Someone else just looks really uncomfortable at the others.
                            Until someone says the words that bring freedom. "Yeah, let's make sure Sheppard doesn't find out."
                            Everyone lets out relieved breaths and they start talking about the rest of the episode as if nothing happened.

Yup, could so see that happen

Sig by me

Comment

Very good points and you're right, with the way they both are devoted to their jobs and their responsibilities there was probably no reason to be jealous.
                              I still don't get how John ever got labeled Kirk anyway *eyeroll*

But yeah, it's also true that Sunday missed a very good opportunity at showing how John would have reacted by finding out what had happened between Elizabeth and Mike.
                              John got labeled 'Kirk' because McKay wants John to get a clue and get together with Elizabeth.

Aaaah, I love your Sunday rewrite! There's even a Sparky baby!

Yes, you could basically envision crickets in the writers' room as they tried to decide how to make John seeing Elizabeth with Bearded!Mike NOT shippy and I don't think they could. Put him in Rodney's place in the cafeteria. There are only so many ways he could have reacted.

- Look curious: would be seen as shippy

So, they just ignored it. I'm always surprised by that, actually, that the Mike and John stories are the only ones in Sunday that don't cross paths, really. Or maybe I'm not.
                              LMAO at the crickets! No, I'm not really surprised, either. They're such chickens, aren't they?

ROFL!!! Crickets in the writers' room
                              I can so see them staring at each other. One of them opens his mouth, closes it again and shakes his head.
                              Another one scratches his head and lets out an uncomfortable cough.
                              Someone else just looks really uncomfortable at the others.
                              Until someone says the words that bring freedom. "Yeah, let's make sure Sheppard doesn't find out."
                              Everyone lets out relieved breaths and they start talking about the rest of the episode as if nothing happened.

Yup, could so see that happen
                              *snorts*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                John got labeled 'Kirk' because McKay wants John to get a clue and get together with Elizabeth.

Aaaah, I love your Sunday rewrite! There's even a Sparky baby!
                                I think John was just annoyed with the Kirk label... not really McKay's best idea if he wants Liz and John together

Lol, thx :^)
                                I really need someone to read over the entire thing before I start posting it. You wouldn't be interested, would you?

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X