No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You already know that I'm Dori (the best friend of Nemo....I love my knowledges lol). Is it possible to remind me who will meet who and when?
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ooooh, that sounds like it was a lot of fun! Did you get any pictures?
      Nope, unfortunately we didn't get pictures... The only pictures I have are of myself and my sister. The riders were also too far away on both occasions we saw them.

Also, there was a girl doing Neytiri from Avatar... she was naked and blue... very well done - very detailed blue painting too.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hmm, you should find out when they let people start lining up to ask questions, and get there early.
        Lining up starts when the panel starts. Otherwise you could risk needing to ask a question at the previous panel

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Also, there was a girl doing Neytiri from Avatar... she was naked and blue... very well done - very detailed blue painting too.
        Cool!!! I absolutely love Avatar!! I know a group of the Dutch learnnavi.org members were going there, so maybe she was one of them...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          You already know that I'm Dori (the best friend of Nemo....I love my knowledges lol). Is it possible to remind me who will meet who and when?
          Kris is going to see Joe and David at Fedcon this coming weekend.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Nope, unfortunately we didn't get pictures... The only pictures I have are of myself and my sister. The riders were also too far away on both occasions we saw them.

Ah, bummer for no pics. That Neytiri costume sounds fabulous!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Lining up starts when the panel starts. Otherwise you could risk needing to ask a question at the previous panel
          Heh. Well, then I guess you'll have to be ready to leap out of your seat the moment Joe and David take the stage.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh. Well, then I guess you'll have to be ready to leap out of your seat the moment Joe and David take the stage.
            Will do!! That way I'll hopefully be back in my spot on time so I can take tons of pictures

Sig by me

Comment

Will do!! That way I'll hopefully be back in my spot on time so I can take tons of pictures
              And you could always bribe ask your friends to take pictures while you're up there.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Great fics, pkp and Kris!! Loved them.

Congrats to everyone who's going to cons and MEETING SPARKY!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                So you and Joe have something in common, funky hair and horn-rimmed glasses. Check out the con pics.

Loved the story and the POUS.
                Oh, I would have died laughing if I'd been there. Sounds like it was so much fun.

I FINALLY!! managed to upload the pics from Chevron 7.3 (November).
                You can find all of them here:
                http://photos.russel-design.be/#4.0
                (it's all the actors, so not only Torri)
                Great pics!

Awww, that's sweet, and David is so cool!
                Spoiler:
                Seriously, Eli is pretty much the only thing about SGU that I like. I sure as hell wouldn't mind seeing them get the Destiny's gate to connect to Atlantis, Eli gets through, and then the Destiny blows up with everyone else still on board. I think Eli would have a heckuva lot more fun on Atlantis.

LOL. Maybe we can use that for season 7.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

And you could always bribe ask your friends to take pictures while you're up there.
                  My friends are sitting far away from me as I'm the only one with a gold ticket this year. But I'm sure they'll aim their camera's on me when I'm at the mic

In other news: *does a silly little happy dance* I found the fic again that I lost It was on page 3928 *headdesk* But I got it back

Sig by me

Comment

I found a review of the all-season DVD set and loved this excerpt.

The turning point for this season (and possibly the series) is the mid-season two-parter of “The Storm” and “The Eye”. This exciting tale introduces extreme stakes, incorporates strong visual effects and brings a classic antagonist into the mix. Robert Davi (License to Kill) plays Kolya, a brutal enforcer for the enemy group known as the Genii. Taking over Atlantis with a band of thugs, he places everyone in serious jeopardy. The only hope is Sheppard taking a Die Hard-like approach to save the day. Effectively using the Atlantis setting and showcasing real passion, this represents a new step forward.

Now I may be wrong, but that sounds like a Sparky reference to me.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      LOL. Maybe we can use that for season 7.
                      Hmm, that sounds like a fun idea, actually! LOL!

My friends are sitting far away from me as I'm the only one with a gold ticket this year. But I'm sure they'll aim their camera's on me when I'm at the mic
                      *snickers*

In other news: *does a silly little happy dance* I found the fic again that I lost It was on page 3928 *headdesk* But I got it back
                      Yay for finding your fic! *cheers*

The turning point for this season (and possibly the series) is the mid-season two-parter of “The Storm” and “The Eye”. This exciting tale introduces extreme stakes, incorporates strong visual effects and brings a classic antagonist into the mix. Robert Davi (License to Kill) plays Kolya, a brutal enforcer for the enemy group known as the Genii. Taking over Atlantis with a band of thugs, he places everyone in serious jeopardy. The only hope is Sheppard taking a Die Hard-like approach to save the day. Effectively using the Atlantis setting and showcasing real passion, this represents a new step forward.

I don't think you're wrong at all. That's totally a Sparky reference.

Comment

Nope, you're not wrong at all... that so is a Sparky reference

Sig by me

Comment

I hate mondays. I'm not awake, people are not awake...how it can work?lol
                          4hours.....4 long hours and it will be over.

SR: Of course it's a sparky reference. "real passion".....
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I hate mondays. I'm not awake, people are not awake...how it can work?lol
                            4hours.....4 long hours and it will be over.

SR: Of course it's a sparky reference. "real passion".....
                            I am seldom wrong, you know and I can spot a Sparky reference from across the room. Hee.

But then John's passion when he thought she was dead and again when he heard she was alive and her passion at hearing his voice and the passion in that scene when he shot Kolya was just more passion than we'd ever seen in this show. Until he lost her, that is. Then we saw how much real passion John was capable of. Oh John.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              Hey, we got our old digs back Unfortunately, that's a lot of backreading on my part to do

^^ I second the hotties request. I vote for Amanda Tapping, if we're sticking with Stargate. What's the deal with that woman? She gets better looking by the day.

AT/Sanctuary OT

Spoiler:
                              I watched Sanctuary s1 a while back. It's odd, the best two eps IMO were the ones without the rest of the main cast ie Kush & the submarine one. Magnus/Will have such a great chemistry. If anyone has watched it, I thoroughly recommend listening to the submarine commentary.

I'm a bit concerned about s2 though, I'll find out when it comes out.

Great fics everyone, one day I will surprise you all and write one of my own

Do I want to know what is pissing on cannon?
                              I enjoy Sanctuary, but my favorite character is Ladon Henry. Robin Dunne just looks too much like a girl. And I actually think most girly-men are hot, but he's too girly for me.

I am seldom wrong, you know and I can spot a Sparky reference from across the room. Hee.

But then John's passion when he thought she was dead and again when he heard she was alive and her passion at hearing his voice and the passion in that scene when he shot Kolya was just more passion than we'd ever seen in this show. Until he lost her, that is. Then we saw how much real passion John was capable of. Oh John.
                              Agreed. The most passionate parts of that story are John's concern for Elizabeth and the revenge!stalk moments.

Great Christmas fic, and fantastic con pictures! Thanks for both, they perked up a Monday morning.

Speaking of Sparky moments, I got to rewatch Common Ground and found another Sparky moment I hadn't considered before--one that features parallelism. Now, if we're tying SG symbols to characters, I think you could easily make the argument that the balcony is symbolic of Elizabeth--but you could also make the argument that the gate is symbolic of John.

That being the case, note this scene...of course, she's thinking of nothing but John here:

Now compare it to this scene. Interesting, no?

Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Eri, I'm not quoting because I'm lazy today.

But ITA on Sanctuary. It's one of those that we watch when we get around to it. I love anything CH does the best. And girly men just don't do a thing for me. My friend and I named them "pink men" years ago and it kinda fits. They're usually way too clean shaven, hairless chests, too neat and well groomed...metrosexuals I guess would fit. LOL

And ITA also on the balcony. This scene fits to me because I see John as unconsciously mirroring Elizabeth. He did everything in sending the girls off except say "be safe".

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X