Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *snickers* Yeah, but this time there's something more there besides a control chair and a handful of drone weapons.

Could be a lab where the Ancients were working on an anti-Wraith weapon, or maybe they'd found a deposit of a rare material that could add strength to armor plating on spaceship hulls, or something else.
    Hey, maybe we could find the place where they built all their ZPMs. I mean, the Ancients didn't pull them out of thin air, they had to have made them somewhere! (although this might make things a little too easy)
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

What if it was a planet with sentient aliens, not human or asgard like, but a different species in danger of extinction or mutation?

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        What if it was a planet with sentient aliens, not human or asgard like, but a different species in danger of extinction or mutation?
        Aliens that don't speak English.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          Great, quoting's not working at all for me...

@SR: Could I maybe cowrite on the Ronon-empathy story?

@SK: "Exactly! Hmm, in the episodes leading up to the breakdown, we'll need to start dropping in little hints that Elizabeth's hold on reality, her ability to distinguish between her real life and the multiple sets of memories she carries from her duplicates, is starting to fracture."

I really like the idea.

@Eri: "9 month production time"

Why 9 month? Are we having a baby? *g*
          I'm not sure how co-writing would work but if you have definite ideas, you can go ahead and write it. I just picked that one for the comedy aspect. I don't have any plans or even any ideas.

The armory is fully stocked... would you like a sharp, pointy weapon or something that goes ka-boom?
          How about both?

What do you mean, the end result will mean it's all over? Nah, it'll only mean that it's time to move on to Season 7. Heheheh...

I'm with Eri. It's your idea... wanna write it?

And SGA's Underground with the Genii. I do like the idea of finding some of these other advanced races that are hiding from the Wraith... but they don't necessarily have to be literally hiding underground. They could have their own cloaking technology (though that was also done in one of the SGA audio drama CDs), they could be partially ship-based like the Travelers (for all we know, the Travelers may have been one of the races that GitM's FRANibeth was talking about), or any number of options.
          Season 7? OMG. I'll be dead by then.

I love the idea of finding more advanced races. That was something they neglected that I always wished they would pursue.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Hey, maybe we could find the place where they built all their ZPMs. I mean, the Ancients didn't pull them out of thin air, they had to have made them somewhere! (although this might make things a little too easy)
            I wonder though, since Atlantis was on Earth before the Ancients went to Pegasus, wouldn't they have been using ZPMs all that time?

And oooh, shiny new sig banner!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Aliens that don't speak English.
            Maybe they don't 'speak' at all, but communicate in a different way.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            How about both?
            One Final Fantasy-style gunblade, coming up!

Hey, we've got to wrap up that cliffhanger we'll have at the end of Season 6! LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Another idea. As much as I hate GITM, it's canon. So let's stick to it

COMPUTER VOICE: We started searching the galaxy, looking for a way to regain any kind of physical form. We came across a few other technologically advanced societies.
              McKAY: Really? In this galaxy?
              COMPUTER VOICE: You'd be surprised how many more are out there, keeping themselves hidden from the Wraith.

I was wondering if we could use such information for a standalone episode.
              People of Atlantis discovers a planet (the iced one?) with a very advanced society leaving underground. Good people or evil people? At your choice
              I'm not sure how co-writing would work but if you have definite ideas, you can go ahead and write it. I just picked that one for the comedy aspect. I don't have any plans or even any ideas.

How about both?

I love the idea of finding more advanced races. That was something they neglected that I always wished they would pursue.
              Those are all great suggestions...hammer out stories and let me know! Erin, I'll mark you down for Episode 3, the Torren Christening story.

Also, guys--let's not forget something VERY important, because I'm sure Joe will bring it up--we need to give John a really, REALLY good standalone backstory dealing with his past. Thoughts?

I wonder--should we do a personal story in the Season Premiere? Exploring that idea of home and where John's home really is...

I don't know John's evolution very well following GITM, so I'd rely on others right now as to what fits.
              Last edited by Eri13; 22 January 2010, 05:57 PM.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Also, guys--let's not forget something VERY important, because I'm sure Joe will bring it up--we need to give John a really, REALLY good standalone backstory dealing with his past. Thoughts?

I wonder--should we do a personal story in the Season Premiere? Exploring that idea of home and where John's home really is...

I don't know John's evolution very well following GITM, so I'd rely on others right now as to what fits.
                John definitely needs more backstory and a focus episode of his own. Something that involves his brother, maybe? Gee, I wonder if David Sheppard (and their father) also has the ATA gene?

In a subtle Sparky way, I think the theme of John's home and his finding it may be another thread that should be seen running throughout the season, paralleling Elizabeth's return and her struggle to reclaim her life, and that their searches will ultimately lead to finding home in each other.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Those are all great suggestions...hammer out stories and let me know! Erin, I'll mark you down for Episode 3, the Torren Christening story.

Yeah, we definitely should. I just watched 'Vegas' a little while ago, and was once again struck by its awesomeness. I just loved all the details and the wonderful layers and implications with the choices John made and the way he turned out.
                  I think it would be a neat little parallel if in that Sheppard story we do, somebody (maybe brother if we do that?) says the same thing that Alternate!Rodney says to Vegas!Shep.

McKAY (sympathetically): It was a hard choice. Certainly you didn't intend things to go as badly as they did. Things just don't always go the way we plan.

Of course, they'd be talking about something else, but we could use it as an obvious tie to Elizabeth.

John definitely needs more backstory and a focus episode of his own. Something that involves his brother, maybe? Gee, I wonder if David Sheppard (and their father) also has the ATA gene?

In a subtle Sparky way, I think the theme of John's home and his finding it may be another thread that should be seen running throughout the season, paralleling Elizabeth's return and her struggle to reclaim her life, and that their searches will ultimately lead to finding home in each other.
                  I like that a lot.
                  Also, I watched 'Enemy at the Gate' after 'Vegas', and we're going to have to do something with Todd at some point. I'd actually kinda forgotten about him, but he's on Atlantis with the rest of them.
                  There are actually some good moments in EATG, and oddly enough most of them come from Ronon. Like when Woolsey is asking him and Teyla if they're sure they want to continue the mission since it wouldn't be their battle, and Ronon says 'you mean just like you and your people have done for the last five years?' and when John's talking to him in the infirmary at the end and John says that he'll get him home and Ronon says that he is home. *happiness*
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I don't think it will ever be finished if I write it by myself... To be honest I don't want to write by myself.

I really hate having to work on Saturday...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Here's something to make you feel alive:

Spoiler:

John is offering you his turkey sandwich!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Here's something to make you feel alive:

Spoiler:

John is offering you his turkey sandwich!
                        Yummy flyboy ... those eyes!!!

By the way, I wouldn't call *that* a sandwich

Comment

I slept 14 hours. No fever. I'm feel better (not fine). Apparently, it was a little thing. I'M BACK!!!lol

I'm lost. Can someone give me the last news for season 6? SR, can I be back to work today?
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

John doesn't have any evolution after GITM. He was largely ignored during the rest of S5 to the point that someone tuning in for the first time would have thought he was a minor character. He needs his own episode all about him. Joe said somewhere that he always wanted to do one with Shep all alone with little dialogue. This may have been his idea for Epiphany that they screwed up so badly. That might be one way to go complete with flashbacks about his life on Earth with ex-wife and family. Maybe John stranded on a tropical planet. He kills time making a surfboard out of a piece of driftwood and reflecting on his life. That may work into our home theme.

Memo: Approach Joe tactfully about the possibly of being shirtless. The promise of surfing may do the trick. Maybe we can bribe him with an early wrap for him on Fridays.

ITA.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                            I don't think it will ever be finished if I write it by myself... To be honest I don't want to write by myself.

I really hate having to work on Saturday...
                            Well then. Get together a few ideas and we'll discuss writing it together. Maybe divide it up and each do a few encounters that he has with others. There is lots to think about and it comes later in the season so no hurry.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I slept 14 hours. No fever. I'm feel better (not fine). Apparently, it was a little thing. I'M BACK!!!lol

I'm lost. Can someone give me the last news for season 6? SR, can I be back to work today?
                            Yay, glad you're back. Lots of phone calls to return and people to deal with. Start by drafting an email to Joe presenting my idea about the "Castaway" ep and see what he thinks before we greenlight it. Don't mention the shirtless thing.

And there has been so much going on I'm mostly lost too but plan to reread the last day's posts to refresh myself.

OT:
                            Spoiler:
                            My husband just wandered in and saw my colorful array of stickies on my screen and was curious. I explained what we are doing and he said this sounds like the most fun thing we've done yet. It's like an online game to him. LOL He also asked if Probie will be receiving the occasional "Gibbs slap". I'll have to think about that one.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Morning sparkies. SR we could write a funny episode together. Maybe even include some of our beloved college football jokes I do think some more backstory on Shep would be cool. We don't much about his mom. Maybe we could parallel Lizzie trying to figure out if she's really back with Atlantis to Shep's mom having schizophrenia or something similar. It might go like this:

John, you look pretty upset.
                              It's hard seeing this again.
                              Elizabeth bounced back from the first time nanites caused her to hallucinate.
                              I know, but it's bad this time. It reminds me of my mom.
                              What happened.
                              She developed schizophrenia later in life. Tore my family to pieces. I don't know if I can handle seeing another person I care about go through that.
                              Yeah...
                              (woobie face)
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Hello guys! I is here

I can see you're discussing John - story. How about an episode where he is trapped and held in sensory - deprivation conditions (completely dark cell, no sounds, no nothing - except for occasional food - condidtions like those are hard to take. People are known to start hallucinating when isolated like that. If he was held for couple of weeks, we could have him 'hallucinate' events of his life, and then later the recovery and interaction with friends would provide good contrast to what his life was like before Atlanrtis.) SR, we discussed it few days ago over PMs, and maybe it could be a good episode idea? Something for later half of the season, so Elizabeth could be involved in his rescue and recovery. What do you think, guys?
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X