• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

As to the Franibeth stuff, here's what I have in mind:

Spoiler:
    Bulleted for brevity *LOL*

- The backstory to multi-Weir: When Oberoth captured Elizabeth in LL, he was curious (and frightened, if replicators can be) of her ability to link and control the Collective. He knew if another human could do the same thing, the replicators would be in serious danger. The only way to figure out how she did it was to test her abilities. But using the 'Real Weir' was too dangerous, given her ability to control the Collective. However, 'real Weir' couldn't be assimilated OR killed, because if they screwed up their tests, they'd lost their Control sample. So they keep her alive, in stasis. Since she was too dangerous to keep on Asuras in the event something happened and she woke up, they shipped her somewhere else.

- All copies of Elizabeth hence seen are replicants of the Control, testing her out in various scenarios to see what her logical reaction would be. We discover that Clone Weir in TMC was part of a carefully designed plan staged to look like a rebellion, as was Franibeth. However, her ability to 'convince' the programs of Ascension, etc turned staged rebellions into real ones.

- So Franibeth is not originally bad. HOWEVER--all copies of Elizabeth had a special program written in to return them to replicator control if they got too out of hand. Franibeth's was never activated because Asuras was destroyed. At that point, she and her band roamed free with nothing to check them.

- When they are 'gated', whichever bad guy (Renegade Asgard or Wraith) pick them up because they have the final Asuran Replicator from Reunion on board (the audience won't be made aware of this until later). He initiates the reprogramming line in Franibeth and uses her to help him find planets where more of the substance for making replicators can be made. I kinda like the idea of the Renegade Asgard as their accomplices, because then we could bring in the Block Replicators and the Asgard really wanting to learn to control them to their advantage.

- That Replicator also knows that the Control is out there, and how dangerous she is. But Oberoth only let a few Replicators be allowed to know her location because of the danger she posed. But all copies of Elizabeth have that also programmed into them--which means Franibeth knows her location if it can be accessed. The Asuran Replicator cannot himself get into it, however, that programming line is more complicated and because Franibeth rebuilt herself in the image of McKay's FRAN, only he knows the whole programming structure (or some other scientific blah-dee-blah).

- Todd/Wraith discover and inform Atlantis that the Renegade Asgard are up to something. The mention blocky spiders. A routine weekly check on the Franibeth replicators finds them missing. Atlantis panics. They track the blocky spiders to a planet where they find Franibeth, who attempts earn their alliance by saying the RA are trying to destroy the last of the Wraith. Atlantis is NOT happy at the use of replicators, but Franibeth assures them it's completely in their control. Plus, she tells them of a weapon that can be used to destroy the replicators if they can find it. She tricks them into digging into her base code and finding the location of 'the Control'. Once she knows this, the Renegade Asgard 'steal' her back and it's a race to get to the Control first.

- The Control, of course, is Elizabeth. Atlantis gets there first and is shocked beyond belief at 'another version' of Liz, but have no choice but to take her with them.

- When she's woken up, our Elizabeth has no idea what's going on. The last thing she remembers is five minutes ago, John escaping with Ronon. Despite her pleas to this, John's been through too much dupli-Weir crap to believe it easily.

- Atlantis does not know who to trust.

- With the Control released, the remaining Asgard has no choice but to start attempting to replicate as quickly as possible, so that he can build an army too big for her to take over. With Atlantis dragging their feet on allowing Elizabeth out, it looks like he can do this. He begins populating a 'replicator material planet' with block replicators, while concealing that he's building a new Asuras elsewhere (a double-double cross on the Renegade Asgard). Atlantis, still unaware there is a true Asuran behind things, thinks Asgard have done this and go to prevent it.

- Franibeth becomes a red herring, pretending to help Atlantis while trying to undermind them and kill the Control. Our Elizabeth, under serious lockdown on Atlantis, grows angry and frustrated that they'd believe Franibeth but have her under watch. She keeps arguing her innocence but her inability to remember anything renders her untrustworthy.

- At the last minute, as Atlantis is going to launch an ARG attack to destroy the replicator infested planet, Franibeth double crosses them, shutting down the system. the Renegade Asgard are double-crossed as their block replicators are destroyed by the planet-wide ARG and one of their ships destroyed by Asuras II. They escape, but it looks like Atlantis will be destroyed by Asuras II.

- Elizabeth takes Atlantis's shutdown as an opportunity to breaks free of lockdown, seize control of the city computer systems with her matrix-y ability, and to use her abilities launches a massive, planet-wide ARG attack on Asuras II. As the city recovers, she returns control to our crew and sets out to find Franibeth personally. Franibeth has the upper hand, but realizes in the end she cannot kill herself--Elizabeth is always about saving Atlantis in the end--so she folds, and our Elizabeth destroys her.

- In the second half of the season, Elizabeth's story would play out in my story like this:

1) Elizabeth has a hard time coping with the change in her friends. It's not been 2 years for her, so seeing John lose his boyishness, finding Teyla in love, McKeller, Carson's clone--it's all REALLY hard to deal with.
    2) Elizabeth is not trusted to hold any key role on Atlantis, though she's allowed to stay. She doesn't know what to do with herself (until someone suggests she becomes a Daniel Jackson and John officially commissions her to his team).
    3) Elizabeth's nanites are still there and though McKay has PROMISED they're inactive, it still makes people scared of her. She's angry and hurt by this. Work continues on how to deactivate them all, but it's slow progressing.
    4) In hand with that, slowly, memories of what Oberoth did to her in the moments following her rescue start flashing back. Seems it wasn't just five minutes after her capture that she was knocked out. She endured hours of mind-probing/torture to find out what she knew about Atlantis. She was also connected to every Replicator copy made of her, so she slowly starts to see thousands of Elizabeth scenarios played out in her head. It begins to drive her crazy. Maybe we have a standalone episode dedicated to the day when her mind goes nuts and we pull a sort of Doppelganger where someone has to go in, find the real Elizabeth and save her. OOOOOOOOO! SHIPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY!

As you can see, I haven't given this much thought...

Since I haven't see the 'subtle nuances' of the official ship, I can't vote. But yay on Carson.
    Wow....Totally love it especially the second part. Can't way to see this season.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm loving this synopsis. I don't see any problems except the challenge of fitting it all in but I guess it would play out over most of the season.

There are no subtle nuances of McKeller unless you think a baseball bat upside the head is subtle. If we vote to continue it, I vote to slow it way down and make it subtle.
    I agree for McKeller. I'm not against it. I just want to see it very subtle.
    Is there an episode devoted to Teyla and athosiens?
    And also an episode with the trio "Kate / Teyla / Weir"? Kate will have a major role in this season if Elizabeth is nuts. Oh I like it.

Is there an episode devoted to Teyla and athosiens. And also an episode with the trio "Kate / Teyla / Weir?lol

Time to bed. And please, don't beat 92,000 posts without me. lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Carson definitely. McKeller is up for a vote. I'm torn. We can't really undo canon to that extent, can we? I say we think about letting them realize they're not right for each other and agreeing to just be friends at some point. Any discussion?
      I like this idea for McKeller. Maybe it'll even give us an opportunity to work Katie Brown back in.

I thought about Elizabeth being the reason for the rebellion, but that quickly went to the no column for this reason: that despite how aggressively her friends would push for her, canon does not support John keeping Elizabeth if she's a major threat (see ----> Adrift/Lifeline decisions). To convince John to break with the IOA/SGC in a rebellious way, it would have to be a pretty DAMN big reason, and I can't think of anything that would make him 'go there' unless he was saving something. And he's abandoned Elizabeth in canon when she threatened Atlantis, so if she's a threat to the IOA, she's a threat to Atlantis (logic SUCKS sometimes). I just can't see a good reason for he (and the rest) to support choosing her over the IOA.

I don't like the idea of Atlantis being 'the bad guys' and that's what it would boil down to if it was them against the IOA/SGC, because we still have the SG-1 (and for those watching, SGU) universes to consider. Jack, Sam, Daniel, Vala--they're not bad, they're on Earth, they support the SGC. I don't want Atlantis to go against them.
      Well, I was thinking more along the lines of the IOA having totally irrational objections to getting Elizabeth back, not willing to accept any of Team Atlantis's assurances that they will have the situation under control, to the point that it looks like the IOA is going to ignore basic standards of human rights, etc., when it comes to Elizabeth (shipping her off to Area 51 as a lab experiement, even executing her). Maybe the IOA suckers in some elements of Stargate Command to their side (or at least threatens the SGC's funding to get their cooperation). Basically, the IOA (probably with Ambassador Shen at the head) are the bad guys, and everyone on Atlantis knows they're totally out of line, but there's no one else on Earth with enough power to shut them down. Heck, maybe part or all of SG-1 decides to rebel with Atlantis, who knows?

As to the Franibeth stuff, here's what I have in mind:

Spoiler:
      Bulleted for brevity *LOL*

- The backstory to multi-Weir: When Oberoth captured Elizabeth in LL, he was curious (and frightened, if replicators can be) of her ability to link and control the Collective. He knew if another human could do the same thing, the replicators would be in serious danger. The only way to figure out how she did it was to test her abilities. But using the 'Real Weir' was too dangerous, given her ability to control the Collective. However, 'real Weir' couldn't be assimilated OR killed, because if they screwed up their tests, they'd lost their Control sample. So they keep her alive, in stasis. Since she was too dangerous to keep on Asuras in the event something happened and she woke up, they shipped her somewhere else.

- All copies of Elizabeth hence seen are replicants of the Control, testing her out in various scenarios to see what her logical reaction would be. We discover that Clone Weir in TMC was part of a carefully designed plan staged to look like a rebellion, as was Franibeth. However, her ability to 'convince' the programs of Ascension, etc turned staged rebellions into real ones.

- So Franibeth is not originally bad. HOWEVER--all copies of Elizabeth had a special program written in to return them to replicator control if they got too out of hand. Franibeth's was never activated because Asuras was destroyed. At that point, she and her band roamed free with nothing to check them.

- When they are 'gated', whichever bad guy (Renegade Asgard or Wraith) pick them up because they have the final Asuran Replicator from Reunion on board (the audience won't be made aware of this until later). He initiates the reprogramming line in Franibeth and uses her to help him find planets where more of the substance for making replicators can be made. I kinda like the idea of the Renegade Asgard as their accomplices, because then we could bring in the Block Replicators and the Asgard really wanting to learn to control them to their advantage.

- That Replicator also knows that the Control is out there, and how dangerous she is. But Oberoth only let a few Replicators be allowed to know her location because of the danger she posed. But all copies of Elizabeth have that also programmed into them--which means Franibeth knows her location if it can be accessed. The Asuran Replicator cannot himself get into it, however, that programming line is more complicated and because Franibeth rebuilt herself in the image of McKay's FRAN, only he knows the whole programming structure (or some other scientific blah-dee-blah).

- Todd/Wraith discover and inform Atlantis that the Renegade Asgard are up to something. The mention blocky spiders. A routine weekly check on the Franibeth replicators finds them missing. Atlantis panics. They track the blocky spiders to a planet where they find Franibeth, who attempts earn their alliance by saying the RA are trying to destroy the last of the Wraith. Atlantis is NOT happy at the use of replicators, but Franibeth assures them it's completely in their control. Plus, she tells them of a weapon that can be used to destroy the replicators if they can find it. She tricks them into digging into her base code and finding the location of 'the Control'. Once she knows this, the Renegade Asgard 'steal' her back and it's a race to get to the Control first.

- The Control, of course, is Elizabeth. Atlantis gets there first and is shocked beyond belief at 'another version' of Liz, but have no choice but to take her with them.

- When she's woken up, our Elizabeth has no idea what's going on. The last thing she remembers is five minutes ago, John escaping with Ronon. Despite her pleas to this, John's been through too much dupli-Weir crap to believe it easily.

- Atlantis does not know who to trust.

- With the Control released, the remaining Asgard has no choice but to start attempting to replicate as quickly as possible, so that he can build an army too big for her to take over. With Atlantis dragging their feet on allowing Elizabeth out, it looks like he can do this. He begins populating a 'replicator material planet' with block replicators, while concealing that he's building a new Asuras elsewhere (a double-double cross on the Renegade Asgard). Atlantis, still unaware there is a true Asuran behind things, thinks Asgard have done this and go to prevent it.

- Franibeth becomes a red herring, pretending to help Atlantis while trying to undermind them and kill the Control. Our Elizabeth, under serious lockdown on Atlantis, grows angry and frustrated that they'd believe Franibeth but have her under watch. She keeps arguing her innocence but her inability to remember anything renders her untrustworthy.

- At the last minute, as Atlantis is going to launch an ARG attack to destroy the replicator infested planet, Franibeth double crosses them, shutting down the system. the Renegade Asgard are double-crossed as their block replicators are destroyed by the planet-wide ARG and one of their ships destroyed by Asuras II. They escape, but it looks like Atlantis will be destroyed by Asuras II.

- Elizabeth takes Atlantis's shutdown as an opportunity to breaks free of lockdown, seize control of the city computer systems with her matrix-y ability, and to use her abilities launches a massive, planet-wide ARG attack on Asuras II. As the city recovers, she returns control to our crew and sets out to find Franibeth personally. Franibeth has the upper hand, but realizes in the end she cannot kill herself--Elizabeth is always about saving Atlantis in the end--so she folds, and our Elizabeth destroys her.

- In the second half of the season, Elizabeth's story would play out in my story like this:

1) Elizabeth has a hard time coping with the change in her friends. It's not been 2 years for her, so seeing John lose his boyishness, finding Teyla in love, McKeller, Carson's clone--it's all REALLY hard to deal with.
      2) Elizabeth is not trusted to hold any key role on Atlantis, though she's allowed to stay. She doesn't know what to do with herself (until someone suggests she becomes a Daniel Jackson and John officially commissions her to his team).
      3) Elizabeth's nanites are still there and though McKay has PROMISED they're inactive, it still makes people scared of her. She's angry and hurt by this. Work continues on how to deactivate them all, but it's slow progressing.
      4) In hand with that, slowly, memories of what Oberoth did to her in the moments following her rescue start flashing back. Seems it wasn't just five minutes after her capture that she was knocked out. She endured hours of mind-probing/torture to find out what she knew about Atlantis. She was also connected to every Replicator copy made of her, so she slowly starts to see thousands of Elizabeth scenarios played out in her head. It begins to drive her crazy. Maybe we have a standalone episode dedicated to the day when her mind goes nuts and we pull a sort of Doppelganger where someone has to go in, find the real Elizabeth and save her. OOOOOOOOO! SHIPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY!

As you can see, I haven't given this much thought...
      OOOOH! I love all of this! I can see a combination of her anger/grief/bitterness at not being trusted by the people she believed were her friends, plus the multiple sets of memories from all the duplicates, making her snap. Kate Heightmeyer in particular needs to have a VERY BIG role in this segment of the storyline.

It's got to be John who goes into Elizabeth's mind to save her. If she's still got her nanites at this point, he can get in using his ATA gene (since, of course, the nanites are originally Ancient technology). Of course, convincing her that he does believe her and trust her, and getting her to trust him, is going to be an entirely different kettle of fish. Heheheh...

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      The scene for the finale with the dialing crystal is perfect I think - wonderfully dramatic. But just kind of bringing up a point here, I think it was mentioned in the outline that once it was safe Atlantis would try to reestablish contact with Earth. Would they try and find another dialing crystal (maybe find one like in the other version of the city in 'The Tower' or somewhere) or try to make one/get around it somehow? Another option would be just entrusting someone (like one of the Athosians) with the crystal and asking them to hide it where no one on Atlantis would know about it and be tempted to use it if things got bad. This might be getting a little ahead of things, but it's a point to consider when we get there.
      Or perhaps it'll turn out that the crystal that we see John breaking is not the real dialing crystal, and that the real one has already been hidden (perhaps with the Athosians, as you suggested)?

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      As to Oberoth putting in stasis Elizabeth, I think he would have done that on their homeworld and we already know the Asura planet doesn't exist anymore, so she's destroyed as well.
      If Oberoth survived, that means there's a hidden replicator planet as well and I had too much replicators in SG1 to like another replicator war in Atlantis.
      No, Oberoth's gone. As Eri said, Oberoth believed that Elizabeth was too much of a threat to keep her on Asuras, but she was too valuable to kill, so she was moved to another planet for security reasons.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for opinions--we'll let other weigh in.

As for fitting it in, I'd say about 3 eppies before mid-season, we see Franibeth being reactivated and that's about it. Maybe a mention there's a renegade Asuran still running loose somewhere.

Spoiler:

For the 2 parter, it goes:

- 1st Part: Wraith inform them the RA are up to something. Franibeth is gone. Atlantis tracks down with long range sensors. Discover Franibeth and Renegade Asgard and war against Wraith.

- She informs them of the "Control" Weapon. Small history of how it was created by Oberoth. They find its location in her base code. The Asgard attack and stage a coup once the weapon is discovered. They 'steal back' Franibeth to use her to go get it.

- Atlantis decides to go get the "Control" themselves. They find it (maybe in space so there's no additional replicator planet) and it's Elizabeth.

- SHOCK AND WOOB

- Elizabeth returns home. Speculations on what exactly happened by McKay, Woolsey and John. Massive interview ensue with her, but she remembers Lifeline, that's it. It is ordered she is to be contained at all costs. Her spidey sense begins to sense more replicators somewhere nearby. Atlantis long-range scans and finds a planet where block replicators are thriving.

CLIFFHANAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAHHH!

Part II

Atlantis finds out that PWARG is ready from Earth. They get it and head to the block replicator planet; catch is, it has to be fired from Atlantis (requires too much power for a ship, ship's beam not big enough for a planet, science blah-dee-blah).

Franibeth breaks in--she's escaped the Asgard and requests to be rescued so she can help them.

They trust her. Real Elizabeth is still in lockdown and ANGRY.

The attack on the Block Replicator Planet is underway; however, Franibeth seizes control of Atlantis and turns the weapons systems on the Asgard instead.

Atlantis panicks trying to find a way to overcome what she's done; Rodney magic fingers, yada yada. Franibeth contacts the one Asuran and we discover the whole plan--there is one Asuran left and he's been using Franibeth this whole time to help him.

Grand reveal of Asuras II, completely constructed, millions of replicators and that new Atlantis. Atlantis proper is shocked and dismayed.

Our Elizabeth, meanwhile, breaks out of her prison and goes on the lamb. Now they've got two renegade Elizabeth's and one bad*** planet to worry about.

Asuras II destroys the Block Replicators (hey, they're stupid versions of nanites) with their own PWARG, cloned from the one on Atlantis by Franibeth. Asuras II looks to destroy Atlantis.

Elizabeth takes over the Atlantis database. She either seizes control of the entire Asuras II collective and has them turn their PWARG on themselves, or uses Atlantis's. Either way, she PWNS the replicators.

Battle between Franibeth and Elizabeth.

Final scene: Elizabeth is allowed to walk around with guards. Balcony, John comes out to talk to her. Mentions the long road to recovery (and perhaps the long road to trust).

In the next few episodes, we see Rodney find a way to stop her nanites from posing a serious threat and they let her move about the city freely.

The backstory of what really happened to Elizabeth will be mentioned in bits & pieces after that (all that jazz about what Oberoth's master plan was). If that 'multi-Weir' storyline, where she starts to remember stuff and goes crazy over it, is approved, we could also really cover it then.
        This sounds like a great plan to me! You've got my stamp of approval!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          And also an episode with the trio "Kate / Teyla / Weir"?
          However, there's the slight issue of Kate being dead at the moment... fell victim to the stupid-death-syndrome.

So, you have to bring her back first.

AU, timetravel, replicator, part timelord-part human.... oh wait, wrong show.... part replicator-part human, stranded from another universe like that McKay in season 3, clone... Take your pick.

Is there an episode devoted to Teyla and athosiens.
          It's Athosians, with an a instead of e. And I hope so, plenty to learn about them.... maybe something about Torren getting initiated into the tribe or something. *shrug*
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            However, there's the slight issue of Kate being dead at the moment... fell victim to the stupid-death-syndrome.

AU, timetravel, replicator, part timelord-part human.... oh wait, wrong show.... part replicator-part human, stranded from another universe like that McKay in season 3, clone... Take your pick.

It's Athosians, with an a instead of e. And I hope so, plenty to learn about them.... maybe something about Torren getting initiated into the tribe or something. *shrug*
            Ooo, now that could be interesting! I can see that being one of the standalone eps from before we get Liz back. It could be kinda like an Athosian version of a christening, or an initiation like you said; John and Rodney and Ronon (and maybe some other people Teyla's close to from Atlantis, like Carson and Kate if we've resurrected her yet) are all there for the ceremony, but of course something happens to prevent/interrupt it. Maybe one of the Athosians has gotten infected or bitten by something and has turned into like this creature thing that roams the forest, and they've maintained just enough knowledge to disable the gate to trap everyone. So then on the one hand you've got John and Ronon and the Athosian warriors trying to catch it, and on the other you've got Carson and maybe Keller trying to work with the resources they have to try and come up with a cause/cure. And if Kate's in it she could try and reason with it (maybe it catches her in the woods and she tries to talk it down before John or somebody arrives and it gets away). There's also an opportunity here to meet a lot more of the Athosians and see their community. I can see an older person telling stories about Teyla to the Atlanteans with this twinkle in their eye.
            Other options could be that it's just an alien creature (although I think that by itself could be a little boring; even if the first idea might be a little too wolfman I prefer it of the two) Also, we could try and tie it further to the approach of the mid season 2 parter and have it be some villain interruption that pertains to that.
            sigpic
            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I've been thinking about my "episode" and the season finale and I was thinking what if we made the aliens from DV the race that Atlantis has to save earth from? Anyone agree? Disagree?

Comment

We could do something similar to what I did in Restoration, that Kate was somehow "trapped" in the crystal, and later released/link broken when her body is sent back to Earth, and she wakes up in the SGC morgue.

Ooo, now that could be interesting! I can see that being one of the standalone eps from before we get Liz back. It could be kinda like an Athosian version of a christening, or an initiation like you said; John and Rodney and Ronon (and maybe some other people Teyla's close to from Atlantis, like Carson and Kate if we've resurrected her yet) are all there for the ceremony, but of course something happens to prevent/interrupt it. Maybe one of the Athosians has gotten infected or bitten by something and has turned into like this creature thing that roams the forest, and they've maintained just enough knowledge to disable the gate to trap everyone. So then on the one hand you've got John and Ronon and the Athosian warriors trying to catch it, and on the other you've got Carson and maybe Keller trying to work with the resources they have to try and come up with a cause/cure. And if Kate's in it she could try and reason with it (maybe it catches her in the woods and she tries to talk it down before John or somebody arrives and it gets away). There's also an opportunity here to meet a lot more of the Athosians and see their community. I can see an older person telling stories about Teyla to the Atlanteans with this twinkle in their eye.
                Hey, I like this idea! I'm not so sure about the christening/initiation for Torren part; something like that would make more sense shortly after he was born, and he'd be about a year old in Season 6. Ooooh! Maybe it's a two-part ritual, with the first part being shortly after the birth, and the second part coming a year later as an add-on to a regular festival that's part of the Athosian calendar (like a harvest festival, or something)? I am totally digging the idea of John, Ronon, and a bunch of Athosians running through the forest hunting this thing down... How about in the rain? Hahahah! We should see Halling and Jinto as part of the hunting party, too.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                I've been thinking about my "episode" and the season finale and I was thinking what if we made the aliens from DV the race that Atlantis has to save earth from? Anyone agree? Disagree?
                That's one possibility. Need to know why the DV aliens would want to go after Earth, though.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for opinions--we'll let other weigh in.

As for fitting it in, I'd say about 3 eppies before mid-season, we see Franibeth being reactivated and that's about it. Maybe a mention there's a renegade Asuran still running loose somewhere.

Spoiler:

For the 2 parter, it goes:

- 1st Part: Wraith inform them the RA are up to something. Franibeth is gone. Atlantis tracks down with long range sensors. Discover Franibeth and Renegade Asgard and war against Wraith.

- She informs them of the "Control" Weapon. Small history of how it was created by Oberoth. They find its location in her base code. The Asgard attack and stage a coup once the weapon is discovered. They 'steal back' Franibeth to use her to go get it.

- Atlantis decides to go get the "Control" themselves. They find it (maybe in space so there's no additional replicator planet) and it's Elizabeth.

- SHOCK AND WOOB

- Elizabeth returns home. Speculations on what exactly happened by McKay, Woolsey and John. Massive interview ensue with her, but she remembers Lifeline, that's it. It is ordered she is to be contained at all costs. Her spidey sense begins to sense more replicators somewhere nearby. Atlantis long-range scans and finds a planet where block replicators are thriving.

CLIFFHANAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAHHH!

Part II

Atlantis finds out that PWARG is ready from Earth. They get it and head to the block replicator planet; catch is, it has to be fired from Atlantis (requires too much power for a ship, ship's beam not big enough for a planet, science blah-dee-blah).

Franibeth breaks in--she's escaped the Asgard and requests to be rescued so she can help them.

They trust her. Real Elizabeth is still in lockdown and ANGRY.

The attack on the Block Replicator Planet is underway; however, Franibeth seizes control of Atlantis and turns the weapons systems on the Asgard instead.

Atlantis panicks trying to find a way to overcome what she's done; Rodney magic fingers, yada yada. Franibeth contacts the one Asuran and we discover the whole plan--there is one Asuran left and he's been using Franibeth this whole time to help him.

Grand reveal of Asuras II, completely constructed, millions of replicators and that new Atlantis. Atlantis proper is shocked and dismayed.

Our Elizabeth, meanwhile, breaks out of her prison and goes on the lamb. Now they've got two renegade Elizabeth's and one bad*** planet to worry about.

Asuras II destroys the Block Replicators (hey, they're stupid versions of nanites) with their own PWARG, cloned from the one on Atlantis by Franibeth. Asuras II looks to destroy Atlantis.

Elizabeth takes over the Atlantis database. She either seizes control of the entire Asuras II collective and has them turn their PWARG on themselves, or uses Atlantis's. Either way, she PWNS the replicators.

Battle between Franibeth and Elizabeth.

Final scene: Elizabeth is allowed to walk around with guards. Balcony, John comes out to talk to her. Mentions the long road to recovery (and perhaps the long road to trust).

In the next few episodes, we see Rodney find a way to stop her nanites from posing a serious threat and they let her move about the city freely.

The backstory of what really happened to Elizabeth will be mentioned in bits & pieces after that (all that jazz about what Oberoth's master plan was). If that 'multi-Weir' storyline, where she starts to remember stuff and goes crazy over it, is approved, we could also really cover it then.
                  I like most everything about this plan. And I can imagine John's conflict and confusion through it all.

Wow....Totally love it especially the second part. Can't way to see this season.

I agree for McKeller. I'm not against it. I just want to see it very subtle.
                  Is there an episode devoted to Teyla and athosiens?
                  And also an episode with the trio "Kate / Teyla / Weir"? Kate will have a major role in this season if Elizabeth is nuts. Oh I like it.

Is there an episode devoted to Teyla and athosiens. And also an episode with the trio "Kate / Teyla / Weir?lol

Time to bed. And please, don't beat 92,000 posts without me. lol
                  Kate is definitely going to be needed in S6. I'd like to have her never be dead but that doesn't seem possible. Can we have her in stasis without too much ignoring of canon? Science geeks? Somebody smart figure it out.

Also on the Athosians, how about a Teyla/Kanaan wedding? We need to flesh out his character a lot too. And Ronon needs a bigger part.

Note to probie: Call Patrick Sabonqui's agent. Ask if he's available to play Kanaan again.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Kate is definitely going to be needed in S6. I'd like to have her never be dead but that doesn't seem possible. Can we have her in stasis without too much ignoring of canon? Science geeks? Somebody smart figure it out.
                    Hmm... is The Trust still around on Earth? (I'm not as up on SG-1 canon as I am with Atlantis canon.) Maybe they've got something to do with keeping Kate's survival under wraps...

Also on the Athosians, how about a Teyla/Kanaan wedding? We need to flesh out his character a lot too. And Ronon needs a bigger part.

Note to probie: Call Patrick Sabonqui's agent. Ask if he's available to play Kanaan again.
                    Seeing the words 'Teyla/Kanaan wedding' and 'Ronon needs a bigger part' suddenly triggered the mental image of Ronon serving as Kanaan's best man. Somehow, I think Jason would have waaaay too much fun with that, and we're already determined to keep him from going overboard with the pranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      We could do something similar to what I did in Restoration, that Kate was somehow "trapped" in the crystal, and later released/link broken when her body is sent back to Earth, and she wakes up in the SGC morgue.

Hey, I like this idea! I'm not so sure about the christening/initiation for Torren part; something like that would make more sense shortly after he was born, and he'd be about a year old in Season 6. Ooooh! Maybe it's a two-part ritual, with the first part being shortly after the birth, and the second part coming a year later as an add-on to a regular festival that's part of the Athosian calendar (like a harvest festival, or something)? I am totally digging the idea of John, Ronon, and a bunch of Athosians running through the forest hunting this thing down... How about in the rain? Hahahah! We should see Halling and Jinto as part of the hunting party, too.
                      Yup, we should definitely see them again. How old would Jinto be now?
                      The two part ritual would be cool. Or maybe it's just some sort of special thing that the Athosians do when a child turns one - maybe another sort of celebration that has its roots in the rate of Wraith-related mortality over the centuries or something.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yup, we should definitely see them again. How old would Jinto be now?
                        The two part ritual would be cool. Or maybe it's just some sort of special thing that the Athosians do when a child turns one - maybe another sort of celebration that has its roots in the rate of Wraith-related mortality over the centuries or something.
                        Jinto was supposed to be around ten or eleven years old in Rising, so he'd be about fifteen or sixteen now. Plenty old enough to be going on a hunting party in the forest.

A celebration of new life in the face of the Wraith? Sounds good to me!

Comment

Other options could be that it's just an alien creature (although I think that by itself could be a little boring; even if the first idea might be a little too wolfman I prefer it of the two) Also, we could try and tie it further to the approach of the mid season 2 parter and have it be some villain interruption that pertains to that.
                          Ooo! I really like the Athosian ceremony idea too! I like this story. I can add it to the 'standalone' list.

While a true Christening may be a few weeks after a baby is born, like SK mentions, there's no reason why we couldn't have there be some special Athosian ritual for maybe a year or life or something like that--tying into the idea that life is so celebrated in the Athosian culture that a child having lived a year of it is special. Or a naming ceremony or something. There's tons we could do. And I dig the villain being a chase through the woods. Plus, production budget would like that.

I think we can find a way to bring back Kate. I was actually thinking along the same lines of SK's idea of her being trapped in the Crystals, too. What if we went all goopy science and said that the crystals could clone human cells? (Then we wouldn't have to worry about decomposition *LOL*)

OR...we could do a really good Teyla story where she gets trapped in a machine on Atlantis that lets you alter the past--and she is given the chance to go back and examine her life and change things? We could go all the way back to when her Father was taken. Knowing Charon was sick. And other important things in her life that could have been different. What would she change? And how would her choices affect her life now? We could address all kinds of stuff with that type of storyline--The experiment with Michael. What happens if she stops it? What if she has a different relationship with John (oooo...we could play nice with frenemies and give them a little AU Sheyla) . Trying to keep Elizabeth safe? Or Carson?

After further examination she finds that even changing things she wants to leads to greater complications and perhaps costs her more. Maybe she loses Elizabeth another way; maybe she never has Torren because her life events change. The Wraith take her people if Michael's not there. And in the end Teyla realizes that she prefers her life as it is, as difficult as it has been.

But not all things in life are like that, and the device gives her one small gift at the end-and when she wakes up out of the AU device, Kate is there, alive. Time was changed for that and the rest of Atlantis acts as though Kate never left. Only Teyla knows the truth.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          I was sorta thinking that too, but you would have to think why they'd be a serious threat to Earth. Come up with a good background for them.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Man so much stuff going on! I would suggest Lizzie's arc be the main arc for the season, with the season finale being Lizzie's attack on Atlantis. Maybe a way to get them back in Pegasus would be to set everything a year or so after EATG. Todd finally gets in comm range and warns Atlantis about (whatever aliens we like) are setting their sights on Earth.

To mundane stuff, in Indiana (my home state), Illinois, Michigan, and some others have drivers license oriented vertically if you're under 21. For all us old foggies over 21, the license is landscaped style.

OT
                            Spoiler:
                            SR, I just got my Alden (made the old fashioned way in the good ole USA) shell cordovan balmorals. And my Made-to-measure shirts from Harvie and Hudson (family owned in the UK) shirts. Best dang shirts I've ever worn.

ETA: Kate getting killed (as lame and pointless as it was) is hard to work around. I'm down for anything that gets approval.
                            Last edited by pkprd869; 20 January 2010, 06:34 PM.
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Ooo! I really like the Athosian ceremony idea too! I like this story. I can add it to the 'standalone' list.

While a true Christening may be a few weeks after a baby is born, like SK mentions, there's no reason why we couldn't have there be some special Athosian ritual for maybe a year or life or something like that--tying into the idea that life is so celebrated in the Athosian culture that a child having lived a year of it is special. Or a naming ceremony or something. There's tons we could do. And I dig the villain being a chase through the woods. Plus, production budget would like that.
                              Yay.

I think we can find a way to bring back Kate. I was actually thinking along the same lines of SK's idea of her being trapped in the Crystals, too. What if we went all goopy science and said that the crystals could clone human cells? (Then we wouldn't have to worry about decomposition *LOL*)

OR...we could do a really good Teyla story where she gets trapped in a machine on Atlantis that lets you alter the past--and she is given the chance to go back and examine her life and change things? We could go all the way back to when her Father was taken. Knowing Charon was sick. And other important things in her life that could have been different. What would she change? And how would her choices affect her life now? We could address all kinds of stuff with that type of storyline--The experiment with Michael. What happens if she stops it? What if she has a different relationship with John (oooo...we could play nice with frenemies and give them a little AU Sheyla) . Trying to keep Elizabeth safe? Or Carson?

After further examination she finds that even changing things she wants to leads to greater complications and perhaps costs her more. Maybe she loses Elizabeth another way; maybe she never has Torren because her life events change. The Wraith take her people if Michael's not there. And in the end Teyla realizes that she prefers her life as it is, as difficult as it has been.

But not all things in life are like that, and the device gives her one small gift at the end-and when she wakes up out of the AU device, Kate is there, alive. Time was changed for that and the rest of Atlantis acts as though Kate never left. Only Teyla knows the truth.
                              Woah, that's pretty cool. Nice message too. Now I'm not sure which one I like best!

And I'm kind of annoyed with myself, because I'd been waiting for it for a while and then I forgot about it and missed it. But anyway, yesterday was my one year anniversary of joining Gateworld! I find that kind of exciting.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well I'm trying to think of who would be a serious enough threat to earth besides the wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X