No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the lockdown idea too - especially if we don't explain all of her issues to a letter, and then in the breakdown story it's addressed again (so we can has continuity)!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      ....like when you pull that one loose string on your sweater....
      And poof goes the sweater...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        Good Lord - what the frak happened to GW?

LOL, obviously it's been a few days since I've been here. Let's just say that WORK is a four letter word. GRRRR.....

Anyhoo - I am absolutely LOVING the season 6 world going on in this thread. You all are the most creative and hilarious people I know!

Does the cast/crew need a entertainment director? You know, someone like Julie on the Loveboat who could arrange parties, teambuilding sessions, gatherings at local drinking establishments - all to promote team spirit and unity, of course....hehehehehe
        That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure both the cast and the crew and those of us in production will need morale boosters from time to time. I'll put you on the list as our Entertainment Director which will include everything from birthday celebrations to after work get togethers. We could also use a few intramural sporting events and the like. And you can coordinate with the PR department if we do anything the press needs to know about.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Is John wearing the sweater?

Comment

oh...ok....I get what you're saying.....

Ok...I get you too...I need to go find some caffeine and wake up my brain....sheesh.....

I think this will set up SK's breakdown story well....kind of the beginning of the unraveling....like when you pull that one loose string on your sweater....
            That's a good analogy! We've got about 6 votes in favor of this version of a lockdown story. I'm thinking it should be the first episode out of the gate after the midseason two parter. Thoughts?

Also, the Ronon-empath story, which SR has volunteered for seems to have a majority vote as well. I'm thinking it needs to be second-half, prior to the Elizabeth break-down story so Ronon can sense that as well. Thoughts?

Finally, the Elizabeth break down story itself. I'm thinking Episode 20 (if we have Episodes 21-22 be the penultimate and Finale). Thoughts?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure both the cast and the crew and those of us in production will need morale boosters from time to time. I'll put you on the list as our Entertainment Director which will include everything from birthday celebrations to after work get togethers. We could also use a few intramural sporting events and the like. And you can coordinate with the PR department if we do anything the press needs to know about.
            FOOTBALL! TWO HAND TOUCH FOOTBALL! FOOTBALL WATCH PARTIES!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            And *poof* goes the thread into the gutter...
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

hee hee....sure...or Elizabeth...I'm not really too picky....
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                That's a good analogy! We've got about 6 votes in favor of this version of a lockdown story. I'm thinking it should be the first episode out of the gate after the midseason two parter. Thoughts?

Also, the Ronon-empath story, which SR has volunteered for seems to have a majority vote as well. I'm thinking it needs to be second-half, prior to the Elizabeth break-down story so Ronon can sense that as well. Thoughts?

Finally, the Elizabeth break down story itself. I'm thinking Episode 20 (if we have Episodes 21-22 be the penultimate and Finale). Thoughts?

Hehe, mission accomplished!

On a serious note, Ronon the empath story would be a great lead - into Elizabeth breakdown story. I second that idea.

Ideas.... let's say she doesn't remeber much, about how she was taken? Something could trigger the memory back, and well.... I believe they (all of them) would tell her most of the story, giving her facts on how it happened, and sparing her the details. I also believe her mind would supress most of the things that happened to her when she was captive. Something coiuld trigger her memory - even in the Ronon episode - and she starts remebering and from that point on, they ahve to help her through it, something like TRW? Or, rather, something like those episodes where Daniel from SG - 1 was hallucinating and couldn't tell reality from what wasn't real. They all thought he was schizophrenic.

How about this? Whatever caused Ronon to become empathic also triggered Elizabeth's memories and she suffers something like temporary schizophrenia? Only, with Ronon whatever the cause was (alien pollen?), it went away naturally, but in Elizabeth's case it becomes battle of the mind and a search for a cure as well?

Lame? Overdone?

Comment

On a serious note, Ronon the empath story would be a great lead - into Elizabeth breakdown story. I second that idea.

Ideas.... let's say she doesn't remeber much, about how she was taken? Something could trigger the memory back, and well.... I believe they (all of them) would tell her most of the story, giving her facts on how it happened, and sparing her the details. I also believe her mind would supress most of the things that happened to her when she was captive. Something coiuld trigger her memory - even in the Ronon episode - and she starts remebering and from that point on, they ahve to help her through it, something like TRW? Or, rather, something like those episodes where Daniel from SG - 1 was hallucinating and couldn't tell reality from what wasn't real. They all thought he was schizophrenic.

How about this? Whatever caused Ronon to become empathic also triggered Elizabeth's memories and she suffers something like temporary schizophrenia? Only, with Ronon whatever the cause was (alien pollen?), it went away naturally, but in Elizabeth's case it becomes battle of the mind and a search for a cure as well?

Lame? Overdone?
                  Like the Elizabeth synopsis! This one is Scary Kitty's, so I'll let her weigh in.

We should probably keep poor Ronon's storyline separate, though. We don't want him overshadowed by tying even the cause of his empathic power to a storyline of another of the major characters. Maybe we let Ronon deal with his problem, start to finish, then let SK craft something really excellent at the top of Elizabeth's story to shatter her mind and start the downward spiral.

I get all shivery at the possibilities! >8D

Comment

I approve this idea.

Good on the Ronon story being in the second half because I writes slow. And I will need guidance, lots and lots of guidance.

Lame? Overdone?
                    I like the alien pollen idea because that would be something they could both be in touch with. He brings her a gift from off world. Or he touches something and then touches her. But I'm also okay with keeping the stories separate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      OK, if I've discerned the links of FF.net correctly this should be the story I posted: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5683510/...ce_of_Struggle

Just a quick FYI for those of you who were interested.
                      Excellent! *bookmarks link*

Nighty-night, Probie! Get some good rest, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Now, onto the business of Season 6... ZOMG, you guys have been busy! I love the idea for the lockdown episode and tying it into the work on Elizabeth's nanites, and her fears about herself and the way everyone's walking on eggshells around her. Great setup for the mental breakdown episode is right; I've got quite a few posts to print out for future reference! And yes, we should definitely do it as episode 12.

I'm also very much in favor of bringing Jeannie in on this one; it's the perfect opportunity to see her side of things and how she feels after her own brush with nanites back in Season 4. And, of course...

All good suggestions. Jeannie trapped with other people would be lots of fun.

Oooo. Jeannie trapped with Keller. then you could make your McKeller fans happy by having sister grill girlfriend. Could you imagine Rodney knowing that Jeannie was in there with Jennifer?

McKay: WHAT! WHAT IS SHE TELLING HER?!!
                      We MUST do this! HAHAHAHA!

OMGOMGOMG!!!!! *flails incoherently* That is an AWESOME idea!!! How about lots of scenes where various people are saying something to Elizabeth - we could have lots of personal little moments, like that one with Ronon in 'Adrift'. And if they're locked somewhere, some of them (John for example) could be alone, and have to put feelings into more or less awkward words.

Remember the song - scene in "Critical mass" - where Teyla sings and at the same time the frantic run to save the City is going on? We could ahve something like Teyla saying to Atlantis/Elizabeth "Please forgive us", Rodney saying "I never meant to put you through this", and John whispering "Stay, please, stay", and all the while Jeannie, Radek and keller are working on saving Elizabeth - deactivating the nanites - deactivating the self destruct.
                      *joins in the incoherent flailing*

I think this will set up SK's breakdown story well....kind of the beginning of the unraveling....like when you pull that one loose string on your sweater....
                      Exactly! Hmm, in the episodes leading up to the breakdown, we'll need to start dropping in little hints that Elizabeth's hold on reality, her ability to distinguish between her real life and the multiple sets of memories she carries from her duplicates, is starting to fracture.

Works for me! I think Anuna's right, it should probably be right before the breakdown episode, so that Ronon is the one who really gets the first solid warning that something's about to go very wrong.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      It's always about the gutter. Even when it's not.

Like the Elizabeth synopsis! This one is Scary Kitty's, so I'll let her weigh in.

We should probably keep poor Ronon's storyline separate, though. We don't want him overshadowed by tying even the cause of his empathic power to a storyline of another of the major characters. Maybe we let Ronon deal with his problem, start to finish, then let SK craft something really excellent at the top of Elizabeth's story to shatter her mind and start the downward spiral.

I get all shivery at the possibilities! >8D
                      Yeah, I agree, let's leave Ronon's story independent (though his temporary ability will give him a bit of a heads-up that something's not quite right; perhaps he'll try to shrug it off in his own mind as Elizabeth still trying to work through her discomfort over her situation and won't totally realize the full importance of what it is he's sensing?). As for what exactly is going to trigger it, I haven't got an idea yet. I'm still looking to see how the earlier episodes of the arc work out first, as something there may give me an idea. Maybe it'll just be a slow, gradual descent through the previous episodes, and it just happens to reach critical mass in the breakdown episode, I don't know.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        ^SNIPPAGE

Yeah, I agree, let's leave Ronon's story independent (though his temporary ability will give him a bit of a heads-up that something's not quite right; perhaps he'll try to shrug it off in his own mind as Elizabeth still trying to work through her discomfort over her situation and won't totally realize the full importance of what it is he's sensing?). As for what exactly is going to trigger it, I haven't got an idea yet. I'm still looking to see how the earlier episodes of the arc work out first, as something there may give me an idea. Maybe it'll just be a slow, gradual descent through the previous episodes, and it just happens to reach critical mass in the breakdown episode, I don't know.
                        *flails at the thought of empathic Ronon sensing the SERIOUS storm in Elizabeth's head and how bad it could be and what his reaction will be. *flails*

*flails more*

THIS COULD BE SO GOOD. *GUH* I LIKE WANNA READ THESE NOW!!!

Alright...though not everyone in our thread has responded, these seem to be fairly locked in. I'll add them to the comm; anyone with serious objections just voice your opinion and we'll change accordingly.

But the more of these we get down the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I approve this idea.

Good on the Ronon story being in the second half because I writes slow. And I will need guidance, lots and lots of guidance.

I like the alien pollen idea because that would be something they could both be in touch with. He brings her a gift from off world. Or he touches something and then touches her. But I'm also okay with keeping the stories separate.
                          I'm thinking once we get the season down, it's going to be a while before we see the end result. After all, we need at least 9 months production time. I still have to watch through the entirety of S5 before I even attempt mine.

And--are we going for the episode feel? I'd love that (but I'm an epic writer anyway). I want to write mine like an actual episode, so we'd need time to do that, if that's the way everyone feels. I mean, wouldn't it be cool if we could do this entire thing like we were going to package it and sell it to MGM!

Comment

*flails at the thought of empathic Ronon sensing the SERIOUS storm in Elizabeth's head and how bad it could be and what his reaction will be. *flails*

*flails more*

Alright...though not everyone in our thread has responded, these seem to be fairly locked in. I'll add them to the comm; anyone with serious objections just voice your opinion and we'll change accordingly.

And as much detail as you can put on the comm for each ep would be very helpful so people won't have to try and keep it all organized themselves. I admit to being a bit lost myself so the comm will be a big help.
                            sigpic

Comment

*flails more*

*joins in the flailing* I know! I wanna read these too! Aaaaaaahhhhh, this is gonna so kick ass!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And Eri? I think I've just come up with a tentative title for the breakdown episode: House of Mirrors.

*evil grin*

Comment

Working...
                                X