No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's all this sacrilege about turkey sandwiches? Leftover turkey from Thanksgiving can only be eaten one way in a sandwich. First you buy fresh white bread which you slather liberally with Miracle Whip. Then you pile on the turkey, top with bread and butter pickle slices or maybe slice up some of those little Gherkins. That's it.

Now sliced deli turkey you can do lots of things with legitimately. But you don't mess with the real stuff.

And when I heard about the chair from that other show with
    Spoiler:
    the bolts through the head and restraints, I thought about how John always looked when he had been in the Atlantis chair. Something was going on in his head. I wonder if we'll find that the SGU chair is the Beta version. LOL Not that I care.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It's a wild and rainy day here in Southern California, and I'm soooo glad to be indoors where I can look out the window and sip my hot tea.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      *bangs head on table* I am STUCK in my Sparky Santa fic. I need some good old fashioned pep rally encouragement!
      *busts out the pompoms and shakes them around* Go Eri! You can do it! Send me a PM if you want to bounce ideas off me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      What's all this sacrilege about turkey sandwiches? Leftover turkey from Thanksgiving can only be eaten one way in a sandwich. First you buy fresh white bread which you slather liberally with Miracle Whip. Then you pile on the turkey, top with bread and butter pickle slices or maybe slice up some of those little Gherkins. That's it.

Now sliced deli turkey you can do lots of things with legitimately. But you don't mess with the real stuff.
      Heh! I dunno about drew, but I was talking about the deli stuff. Our leftover Thanksgiving turkey ususally goes into soup.

And when I heard about the chair from that other show with
      Spoiler:
      the bolts through the head and restraints, I thought about how John always looked when he had been in the Atlantis chair. Something was going on in his head. I wonder if we'll find that the SGU chair is the Beta version. LOL Not that I care.
      The SGU chair has to be a beta version. The show has contradicted itself a couple of times on just when the Destiny was launched, but it had to be before Atlantis was built. Maybe not too long after the Ancients first arrived on Earth after fleeing the Ori in their home galaxy. Not that I really care, either. LOL.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Heh! I dunno about drew, but I was talking about the deli stuff. Our leftover Thanksgiving turkey ususally goes into soup.

I was talking about the deli stuff too....I don't usually eat the leftover turkey...not a big fan....

*sends good sparky_santa vibes to Eri*
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

LtCdrFlygirl: Excellent vid!

Drew: Wow. Nice fic.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Probie!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

It's too cold here.
              I spent an hour in the streets to see the fireworks. I'm sure I'll have a cold.

Now I will spend the rest of the day (night) in my bed with some Sparky episodes of SGA. I tell my life again. I think this topic is my twitter.lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                It's too cold here.

Now I will spend the rest of the day (night) in my bed with some Sparky episodes of SGA. I tell my life again. I think this topic is my twitter.lol
                Sorry little daughter. *hands over hot tea with honey*

Since we're telling our lives, Santa is coming early to the SR household. Our TV died peacefully in its sleep last night. *wipes a tear* Now we're getting a new HD replacement to be installed on Thursday. I'm glad we have cable on hubby's computer so I won't miss the new Closer. And I guess I'll have to start all over again watching SGA on the new set.
                sigpic

Comment

Since we're telling our lives, Santa is coming early to the SR household. Our TV died peacefully in its sleep last night. *wipes a tear* Now we're getting a new HD replacement to be installed on Thursday. I'm glad we have cable on hubby's computer so I won't miss the new Closer. And I guess I'll have to start all over again watching SGA on the new set.
                  *bows head in a moment of silence for the fallen TV*

Oh...what a hardship that will be...we'll be here to support you....
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the tea. I will need one tomorrow because there will another fireworks.

RIP SR's TV.
                    sigpic

Comment

It's too cold here.

The rain's coming down harder out here. It'll be even colder tomorrow after the cold front in this storm passes through. *shivers and gets another mug of tea*

*joins in the moment of silence for SR's TV*

But an SGA marathon sounds like a great way to christen the new TV!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        *bows head in a moment of silence for the fallen TV*

Oh...what a hardship that will be...we'll be here to support you....
                        Thanks for the tea. I will need one tomorrow because there will another fireworks.

RIP SR's TV.
                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        The rain's coming down harder out here. It'll be even colder tomorrow after the cold front in this storm passes through. *shivers and gets another mug of tea*

*joins in the moment of silence for SR's TV*

But an SGA marathon sounds like a great way to christen the new TV!
                        I appreciate the expressions of sympathy. It was a dear old friend but long past its prime. But Sparky in HD on a big screen will be worth the grief. My husband was going on about HZ blah blah blah and how it won't blur during sports shows. I was just thinking about Sparky eyesex. I guess that won't blur either. Now that his full geek out is over we can get on with our lives. The next important thing is that I get to dust behind the TV cabinet. OMG!
                        sigpic

Comment

I appreciate the expressions of sympathy. It was a dear old friend but long past its prime. But Sparky in HD on a big screen will be worth the grief. My husband was going on about HZ blah blah blah and how it won't blur during sports shows. I was just thinking about Sparky eyesex. I guess that won't blur either. Now that his full geek out is over we can get on with our lives. The next important thing is that I get to dust behind the TV cabinet. OMG!
                          Nah, it won't blur. You'll get to see the wicked glints in their eyes so much more clearly. And of course, the tell-tale shimmer in John's eyes whenever he brings out the woobie!face.

Oh, and no kidding about the dusting. It's so much easier to clean around a flat-screen.

Comment

Now, I praying that my TV dies tonight. Accidents can happen quickly.....no?lol

1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
                            2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
                            3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
                            4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
                            5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
                            6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
                            7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
                            8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
                            9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
                            10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
                            11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
                            12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
                            13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
                            14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
                            15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
                            16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
                            17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
                            18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
                            19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
                            20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
                            21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
                            22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
                            23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
                            24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
                            25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
                            26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
                            27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
                            28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
                            29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
                            30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
                            31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
                            32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
                            33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
                            34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
                            35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
                            36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
                            37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
                            38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
                            39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
                            40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story

41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
                            Last edited by Probie; 07 December 2009, 12:04 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                              1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
                              2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
                              4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
                              6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
                              7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
                              8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
                              9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
                              10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
                              11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
                              13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
                              15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
                              16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
                              17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
                              18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
                              19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
                              22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
                              23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
                              24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
                              25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
                              26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
                              27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
                              29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
                              30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
                              31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
                              32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
                              33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
                              35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
                              37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
                              38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
                              39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
                              40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
                              41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality

42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.

43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes. (I kid you not, I actually did this when I got my new TV!)

Comment

Working...
                                X