X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Echoes: John carries Elizabeth
    2) Siege 3: The hug
    3) The Real World: John breaks quarantine
    4) Intruder: Coffee scene (I rewind this at LEAST five times each time)
    5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
    6) Submersion: "You're with me or I'm with you...either way or eye-ther way."
    7)TLG: The Kiss of course
    8) Misbegotten: "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"
    9) The Real World: the entire end scene - John's smile!
    10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
    11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
    12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
    13. TRW: when John was talking to Elizabeth while she was unconscious
    14. Before I Sleep: John gives Elizabeth a birthday present.
    15. 38 Minutes: The end infirmary scene.
    16) The Return: In the restaurant. "Cheeky"
    17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on
    18) Conversion: The "bedside manner" scene.

19) This Mortal Coil: The Whole "Hello John" Scene with the Duplicate Weir and The real John Sheppard. i felt bad for john cause in that scene we truly see the pain of what he was going through.

Comment

Okay, other people seem to do this, so I will too. I shall call it absolutely shameless pimping.

Unbeta'd snippets from forthcoming Testament chapters.

Spoiler:

Rodney tapped at his laptop, watching as the algorithm cross-referenced gate addresses with known locations. Like much of the other data brought back by the marines, it seemed to be leading nowhere. None of the factors that Rodney had included as part of the search seemed to correlate with any of the gate addresses.

Of course, the Immarians could have jumped ten times after landing at any one of these planets. Currently, Rodney and his team were only three jumps deep with M1M-316 as the gate of origin and they had nothing. The problem was, each hypothetical jump exponentially increased the number of potential destinations, and to collect them all required an increase in everything else—time, resources, manpower…all of which they didn’t have. As the numbers increased, their hope of finding some lead or clue seemed to decrease in direct correlation. And that was not helping improve the overall attitude of his team members.

He was not accustomed to worrying about the scientists who made up his department; generally he allowed his assistants or co-heads to do that, but it was obvious, at this point, that many of them were on their last legs. Most had been up for nearly forty-eight hours, tirelessly scouring data and trying to come up with more effective tracking solutions. It was no less than what he would expect of the people he’d selected for his team, but it really stood more as a testament to what Elizabeth meant to the expedition as a whole. No one was giving up when there was still a chance she could be found.

Still, there was a limit. And even the most stalwart of those still looking would have to stop at some point, though it was obvious none of them wanted to quit.

It was an outlook he’d encountered from a number of different people, and frankly, some of them surprised him. Caldwell, for example, seemed to be throwing himself into the search as aggressively as any of Elizabeth’s loyal expedition members. After their discussion this morning, the Colonel had sanctioned a few rather questionable off-world investigations.

And that was nothing compared to the support they’d received from their allies: the Taranans, the Minerans, even the Hoffans—what was left of them—had offered aid. The Athosians, led by Halling, would have descended on Atlantis en mass had not Sheppard graciously explained that there was little they would be able to accomplish.

As for Sheppard…he remained the biggest puzzle for Rodney. He’d seen the man go to impossible lengths, including sacrificing his own life, in order to save his friends, and yet, when he should be pitching the biggest Sheppard fit over what the IOA was planning, he’d kept his mouth shut. It was baffling, really, especially since only a few hours earlier he’d nearly decapitated Ladon Radim at the mere mention of Elizabeth’s kidnapping.

“It just doesn’t make sense,” he murmured.

“What doesn’t, Rodney?” ask a weary voice across from him. Radek Zelenka looked up from his console. “Is your program not working correctly?”

“Uh…no…I mean, that’s not it. It’s…never mind,” he returned, not feeling up to discussing a schizophrenic Sheppard. “Have you found anything?”

The Czech looked at him with tired eyes. “Nothing. None of the gate addresses brought back by the marines seem to be viable options for an Immarian homeworld.”

“Well we’ll just have to keep looking,” Rodney muttered, ejecting the data disc and reaching for another one. The tablet read through the data and the cycle spun around again, scanning another thousand iterations.

He looked up again to find Zelenka still studying him and felt the irritation build. Despite the Czech scientist’s brilliant capabilities, he had an uncanny ability to rub Rodney the wrong way. Or perhaps it was because of those capabilities. “What?”

“You should get some rest.”

“Speak for yourself.”

“I’m serious, Rodney. You look terrible.”

“Oh well thanks. Not like I’m competing in Mr. Universe anytime soon.”

“At this rate you’re going to wear out your usefulness to anyone. And Doctor Weir would not want you to make yourself ill by overdoing things.”

Rodney frowned, trying to tamp down his frustration. “What IS it with everyone wanting to do what Elizabeth would do? You are not Elizabeth. No one here is Elizabeth. How can you possibly know what Elizabeth would want in a situation like this?”

Zelenka frowned, looking a touch more animated. “I would think it would be obvious.”
      “No, it’s not obvious. It’s the furthest thing from obvious. Elizabeth is a person, not a machine. She doesn’t always want the same things all the time.”

“You are correct. But I believe Doctor Weir is always thinking with her heart. That is not always easy to predict, but in general I believe it means she would want what is best for the people of Atlantis.”

“What is best for the people of Atlantis is to find her. End of story.”

“No, Rodney,” Zelenka murmured. “That is what is best for you.”

Rodney cast a swift glance at Zelenka, eyes narrowing. “That’s not true.”

“It is true. You are wanting to find her so badly you aren’t thinking about anything else. If something happens…” he paused for a moment, his brow furrowing at Rodney’s expression, “…I am only saying ‘if’—but if something happens, well, that must be considered too. And Colonel Caldwell and Colonel Sheppard are only looking out for rest of Expedition. I believe Doctor Weir would want that.”

“Oh, enough with the philanthropy act! Look, I understand that there are things that have to be handled without Elizabeth here. That’s why Caldwell was brought here in the first place. But the rest of us? We should be using our time to figure out where she could have been taken, not wasting it hypothesizing on the various ways in which we can make Elizabeth the most proud.”
      “It is not about making her proud, Rodney; it is about doing what she would want us to do to make sure the Expedition may continue without her.”

“And why would we even want to think that? Huh?” Rodney pounded the table with his fist, wincing at little at the sharp pain in his broken finger. “That’s defeatist, that’s all there is to it.”

The Czech sighed. “It may be defeatist, perhaps, but it is also a possibility that must be considered. Even you must know that.”

They locked gazes for a moment, Rodney feeling a familiar sense of helplessness, mixed with anger, coursing through him. Moments like these, when he could do nothing but watch, and think, and watch more, frustrated him the most. He’d seen Sheppard tortured by Kolya, Elizabeth fight for her life against replicators—even Ronon tossed like an animal into the middle of a Wraith battle—and been unable to help. For everything that annoyed him about being forced to save the day in a pressure situation, it was the moments when he could do nothing that really made him feel like he might snap.

Zelenka seemed to be preparing for his retort; he held up a hand, but was stopped from saying anything by the soft sound of an electronic beep. He cast a swift glanced at Rodney, who skittered around the desk to look over his shoulder, nearly knocking Radek over.

The scanning program had stopped, listing one planet matching the factors that they’d used to narrow the search. Zelenka glanced at him, eyes wide, and Rodney only stared back a moment before tapping his radio. “Sheppard? Come in. I think we might have found something.”

--/--

Something was coming up ahead. She could see the light in the distance, glowing a dim blue, and growing stronger as she struggled towards it. Her boots clapped across the tiled floors, making a thick, echoing sound that was sure to direct the Immarians to her presence. It didn’t matter much. At that moment, all she wanted to do was keep moving forward, and not think of what was behind.

She pressed on, wishing, for more than once, she’d taken up John’s offer of additional training. All of the expedition went through regular training exercises to keep up physical fitness, but he’d once told her she had more need of defensive skills in case something like—well, something like this—had ever happened.

She’d replied she’d probably have him around to worry about it for her. Stupid, stupid reasoning. Well, at least Teyla had been more insistent, though the few practices she’d had with the Banto sticks probably wouldn’t help her against the more seasoned warriors Immaria held.

The lights were becoming recognizable; tall, blue-green bubble lamps—twice the size of those in Atlantis—lit up a magnificent archway. If she wasn’t mistaken, there was daylight coming in from a hallway to the left.

Her chest was burning and her side was beginning to cramp; she paused against one of the stone walls, laying her hand on the cold, smooth surface. There was a light sconce just a few feet over her head; its inactiveness made her realize that it probably required the Ancient gene—or someone with it—to activate. Neither of which she had, at the moment.

If she ran drew closer to the door, she ran the risk of the Immarians finding her location. But there was nowhere to hide here; particularly in an area the Immarians were familiar with. Capture, she thought with a sinking heart, was inevitable.

Towards the daylight it was.

As she peered around the corner, she caught sight of some of the Immarian’s female foot soldiers moving with hurried urgency through the large field in the center of the stone circle. Straight towards her.

Elizabeth shrank up against one of the columns, drawing herself into the shadows of the small corner she’d edged into. It was almost enough to cover her, though the bright red of her shirt seemed impossible to hide even in the darkness. It was one of the few times she’d regretted bearing the color of authority.

The girls darted quickly into the passage, taking no time to scout around the entrance. Obviously they believed she hadn’t made it up the passageway yet. They were so close the breeze from their swiftness blew her hair around her face and she held her breath, trying not to move.

They faded into the darkness, their footsteps eventually drumming further and further down the hall. Elizabeth chanced a quick look around the corner once more; the field was clear, though more scouting parties were headed towards the entrance to her three o’clock position, the strange archway noted as ‘Trust’ where Eylos had said the Halls of Healing were. She’d never make it, running in plain sight.

There was a dull echo coming down the hallway behind her.

The scouts were coming back.

Her breath caught and she scanned the area quickly, trying to find another place to hide. If they didn’t find her this time, they’d know she was close by, that she hadn’t gone into the field. They might chance she’d run past the open entrance, down the inner tunnels towards the Halls of Trust, but the other scouting party would soon meet them.

There was no time left.

Across from the open entrance to the field was a small door. She didn’t bother to think, just bolted across the bright area, trying the handle. After a moment, it nudged open, and she squeezed through it, closing it swiftly behind her.

A minute passed, and she could hear the echo of the feet, thudding past the door. Some of the throng paused, apparently searching around the archway, and then moved on, until the patter disappeared in the opposite direction.

They hadn’t even bothered with the door.

She turned, slightly confused. The door was an obvious place to look; it surprised her they hadn’t even though to check.

As she glanced up, she suddenly understood why.

Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
        10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
        11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
        12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
        17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on
        19) This Mortal Coil: The Whole "Hello John" Scene with the Duplicate Weir and The real John Sheppard. i felt bad for john cause in that scene we truly see the pain of what he was going through.

Love the TMC scene...also love/hate...

20: Adrift: "She'll never be the same Elizabeth" scene. *heartbreak*

Comment

My mother is obsessed with Sparky. She just called to say that she finds a great song for Sparky. It's a french song so I will not give you the link.lol
          It's a very sad song. I always cry when I hear this song. Now I will cry more thanks to my mom.lol
          The singer talks to someone he has lost and who is in heaven. He says he can not live without this person. My mom adapted this song for Elizabth and John. She said "It's as if John was talking to Elizabeth". I have to say this to you or she will kick my ass when she will here if I didn't share this information with you.lol
          Now I will cry alone for a moment and I will be back later.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            My mother is obsessed with Sparky. She just called to say that she finds a great song for Sparky. It's a french song so I will not give you the link.lol
            It's a very sad song. I always cry when I hear this song. Now I will cry more thanks to my mom.lol
            The singer talks to someone he has lost and who is in heaven. He says he can not live without this person. My mom adapted this song for Elizabth and John. She said "It's as if John was talking to Elizabeth". I have to say this to you or she will kick my ass when she will here if I didn't share this information with you.lol
            Now I will cry alone for a moment and I will be back later.lol
            You should link it or let us know the name and artist name. I am not in expert in French music, but I'm a fan of foreign music and love songs sung in languages other than English.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Okay, other people seem to do this, so I will too. I shall call it absolutely shameless pimping.

[snipped for space]
              Love this. I can't wait for the whole fic. And love how you've used Radek. He usually gets short changed in fics.

21) Misbegotten: the conference room scene where it seems like John and Elizabeth are the only ones there.

Probie, I remember some pics from ComicCon '04 and '05 but I don't have any saved. Sorry.

I watched the DragonCon vids too. They are just too cute for words. I love the way they seem like a family of siblings. And Rachel is the little sister. LOL I also may have developed a tiny little crush on Paul McGillion.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You should link it or let us know the name and artist name. I am not in expert in French music, but I'm a fan of foreign music and love songs sung in languages other than English.
                Ok I try to translate a little but it's not easy to translate a song.
                You will understand the story if you watch the vid.

Bad translation:
                Spoiler:
                From that time, I can't hear my voice
                From that time, I can' guide my steps.
                From that time, I know I'm going but doesn't walk.
                Without any rest, I go since it must be

From above
                Can you tell me if words are more beautiful?
                Can you tell me if the air is too hot?
                Do you feel it, do you hear me?

Now, if there is a little cooler
                Not that the weather is bad
                But it is true that I lose myself in this imperfect world
                Neither better nor more ugly
                But just a pale reflection

From above
                Do you sense, is what you hear
                All my words?
                Can you tell me if their meaning is more beautiful?
                Can you tell me if their breath is hotter?
                And they find comfort where you carry you off.

I dream in black and white
                My memories are mixed with blood
                And yet
                I rise to pretend
                To live as a living

From above
                All my words?
                If they find comfort where you carry you off.
                From up there

In french:
                Spoiler:
                De ce temps-là, je n'entends plus ma voix
                De ce temps-là, je ne guide plus mes pas
                De ce temps-là, je sais que je vais mais ne marche pas.
                Sans aucun repos, j'avance puisqu'il le faut

De là-haut
                Peux-tu me dire si les mots sont plus beaux ?
                Peux-tu me dire si l'air est aussi chaud ?
                Est-ce que tu le sens, est-ce que tu m'entends ?

Désormais, s'il fait un peu plus frais
                Ce n'est pas que le temps soit mauvais
                Mais il est vrai que je me perds dans ce monde imparfait
                Ni meilleur, ni plus laid
                Mais juste un pâle reflet

De là-haut
                Est-ce que tu le sens, est-ce que tu entends
                Tous mes mots ?
                Peux-tu me dire si leur sens est plus beau ?
                Peux-tu me dire si leur souffle est plus chaud ?
                Et s'ils te réconfortent, là où il t'emportent.

Je ne rêve qu'en noir et blanc
                Mes souvenir se mêlent de sang
                Et pourtant,
                Je me lève pour faire semblant
                De vivre comme un vivant

De là-haut
                Tous mes mots ?
                S'ils te réconfortent, là où ils t'emportent.
                De là-haut.

Thierry Amiel / De là-haut
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Love this. I can't wait for the whole fic. And love how you've used Radek. He usually gets short changed in fics.

21) Misbegotten: the conference room scene where it seems like John and Elizabeth are the only ones there.

Probie, I remember some pics from ComicCon '04 and '05 but I don't have any saved. Sorry.

I watched the DragonCon vids too. They are just too cute for words. I love the way they seem like a family of siblings. And Rachel is the little sister. LOL I also may have developed a tiny little crush on Paul McGillion.
                  Thank you! I also have Kate in there and I'm a bit proud of how she turned out. She took a bit of re-writing, as has Caldwell. Ronon's been hardest, probably because it's not often you hear him speak, so it's even harder to get into his head.

I'm getting really excited now, though, cuz I'm at that stage where all the really big stuff is about to start happening, so I'm eager to write hence my lack of Adrift recapping.

I really love Paul McGillion. He won me over in the commentaries for season 1. I was really tickled to see him in the new Trek movie. If Torri had gone, I would completely have been at Dragon*Con, but it takes a lot to 1) get me to the center of Atlanta on a weekend in general and 2) into a convention.

I'm not much of a crowd person. Unless it's a football game, then I'm fine getting pushed and shoved.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Ok I try to translate a little but it's not easy to translate a song.
                  You will understand the story if you watch the vid.

Bad translation:
                  Spoiler:
                  From that time, I can't hear my voice
                  From that time, I can' guide my steps.
                  From that time, I know I'm going but doesn't walk.
                  Without any rest, I go since it must be

From above
                  Do you feel it, do you hear me?

Now, if there is a little cooler
                  Not that the weather is bad
                  But it is true that I lose myself in this imperfect world
                  Neither better nor more ugly
                  But just a pale reflection

From above
                  All my words?
                  And they find comfort where you carry you off.

I dream in black and white
                  My memories are mixed with blood
                  And yet
                  I rise to pretend
                  To live as a living

From above
                  All my words?
                  If they find comfort where you carry you off.
                  From up there

In french:
                  Spoiler:
                  De ce temps-là, je n'entends plus ma voix
                  De ce temps-là, je ne guide plus mes pas
                  De ce temps-là, je sais que je vais mais ne marche pas.
                  Sans aucun repos, j'avance puisqu'il le faut

De là-haut
                  Est-ce que tu le sens, est-ce que tu m'entends ?

Désormais, s'il fait un peu plus frais
                  Ce n'est pas que le temps soit mauvais
                  Mais il est vrai que je me perds dans ce monde imparfait
                  Ni meilleur, ni plus laid
                  Mais juste un pâle reflet

De là-haut
                  Tous mes mots ?
                  Et s'ils te réconfortent, là où il t'emportent.

Je ne rêve qu'en noir et blanc
                  Mes souvenir se mêlent de sang
                  Et pourtant,
                  Je me lève pour faire semblant
                  De vivre comme un vivant

De là-haut
                  Tous mes mots ?
                  S'ils te réconfortent, là où ils t'emportent.
                  De là-haut.

Thierry Amiel / De là-haut
                  THANKS! I cannot see the video because it's the French YouTube site, however, I downloaded it through iTunes. Lovely song.

Comment

17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.

22: Progeny: the scene with Elizabeth being choked by Niam, and John coming to her rescue, then asking if she's okay.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Got a short and sweet fic rec for you:

Wishes, by agent_almeida. Gives the phrase, 'penny for your thoughts' a whole new meaning.

Happy Sparky reading!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you! I also have Kate in there and I'm a bit proud of how she turned out. She took a bit of re-writing, as has Caldwell. Ronon's been hardest, probably because it's not often you hear him speak, so it's even harder to get into his head.

I'm getting really excited now, though, cuz I'm at that stage where all the really big stuff is about to start happening, so I'm eager to write hence my lack of Adrift recapping.

I really love Paul McGillion. He won me over in the commentaries for season 1. I was really tickled to see him in the new Trek movie. If Torri had gone, I would completely have been at Dragon*Con, but it takes a lot to 1) get me to the center of Atlanta on a weekend in general and 2) into a convention.

I'm not much of a crowd person. Unless it's a football game, then I'm fine getting pushed and shoved.

THANKS! I cannot see the video because it's the French YouTube site, however, I downloaded it through iTunes. Lovely song.
                        Glad you like it.
                        sigpic

Comment

I just found the most squeeworthy fic I've seen in a long time.

Graffiti
                          Oh that is squeeworthy! *bounces* Thanks for the rec!

So I was bored yesterday and I came up with this simple little wallpaper. The lyrics are from "When It Don't Come Easy" by Patty Griffin.

Spoiler:
                          Pretty!

Spoiler:

<space>

Ah! Cliffhanger snippet! Looking forward to the whole chapter.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Got a short and sweet fic rec for you:

Wishes, by agent_almeida. Gives the phrase, 'penny for your thoughts' a whole new meaning.

Happy Sparky reading!
                          Cute! Thanks for the rec.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.
                            22: Progeny: the scene with Elizabeth being choked by Niam, and John coming to her rescue, then asking if she's okay.

23) Epiphany: the scene at the end where Lizzie teases John about the beard.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

23) Epiphany: the scene at the end where Lizzie teases John about the beard

24) Lifeline: John Leaving Elizabeth behind; the moment where john is in the chair after they land on the new planet and the end scene.

Comment

We'll split that last one into 3 different moments:

For those wondering, this is a list of 'rewindable moments', AKA, moments you stop your DVDs for to rewatch again.

23) Epiphany: the scene at the end where Lizzie teases John about the beard
                                24) Lifeline: John Leaving Elizabeth behind
                                25) Lifeline: the moment where john is in the chair after they land on the new planet
                                26) Lifeline: The end scene.

27) Hot Zone: The scene where Elizabeth chews John out for being snotty (aka the 'you still think it was a good idea to break quarantine!?' scene)

Comment

Working...
                                X