Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I like the way you think. I liked S5 too and even though there was a sad lack of John and I found McKeller intrusive and inappropriate I still enjoyed most of the episodes. And no, they didn't hurry McKeller along. The commentary says they made no changes in the scripts after learning of the cancellation. They state without a doubt that they think McKeller was well developed.
    Re McKeller, I can see it to a degree, but its like they have two ways of writing ship. Either

* a la Sam/Jack - harp on with the music (don't get me wrong, I was okay with S/J in the beginning), exchange many an inappropriate look, pine for said other for an inordinate period of time (even when a normal person would get the hint that they are not going to hook up) and so on, or

* slam the two of them together with almost no forewarning (lets grab a beer - oh hey btw I love you)

A mix of the two wouldn't hurt

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Well said, on S4 and S5, although GitM Elizabeth could work like Elizabeth to me.

With all that freaky Ancient tech they could have given her the proper body. (Well, they could have done LOT of things).

Spoiler:
    McKeller was bad idea, Ronon/random chick was even a worse idea, the only ship in S5 that did made sense was Teyla/Kanaan, and heck, it is her who wears the pants. I have no problem with that. She is tough as nails, so we've been told how many times (but not shown too often), however I don't think Kanaan is a whimp if he seems more gentle than her. Some men are. They're still men. Teyla, who had a rough life, needs a man like that. Heck, even if they put her with John or Ronon there'd be situations where she still would wear the pants. I'd hate to see the other way around, writing her as mindless, weak damsel in distress. Well same goes for John/Elizabeth. Elizabeth is stronger in character than John in many aspects. Does that make him a wimp? No. I think Kanaan is just fine.

Finally, after the major brainfarth that was S4, where the writers did whole bunch of very cool things they had no use for, S5 couldn't really be better. Best thing they did - although I couldn't believe it was going to be a good thing - was bringing Woolsey. He did a lot to make S5 watchable. Thank you, but I just can't stand seeing Carter (written as Weir) in charge. Because it's not Carter, it's Amanda Tapping instead of Torri Higinson. Pooooo.
    As for T/K, my lament was more that

Spoiler:
    they can't seem to do both - have a strong woman and a strong man in a ship.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    S5 was a little better than S4 in my eyes. I was never able to warm up to Carter because of the fact that there was no point to her being there; other characters (namely Sheppard and McKay) did the things on SGA that Carter was known for on SG-1, so I found myself thinking more than once, 'okay, why is she here again?' Woolsey, on the other hand, was neither fish nor fowl (much like Weir), and I found him more tolerable, especially when he started getting some fun little details, like having a frakin' wine rack in his quarters stocked with vintage wines. Or the hilarious rip-off of Boston Legal with Woolsey and Sheppard drinking scotch and smoking cigars out on The Balcony.
    That was cool (u reminded me of another cap I have to post but no time tonight ), but I didn't appreciate the BSG inserts.

The lack of any major season-spanning arc left things feeling directionless, but I could tune out McKeller for the most part... except for Brain Storm. *headdesk* C'mon, guys, hitting us over the head with the so-called 'romance' is boring. The subtle nudge-nudge wink-wink vibe of Sparky was far more fun.

And let's not get started on the WTF-ery of Enemy at the Gate. *sighs*

I've got to agree, it was totally NOT the original Elizabeth in GitM. A copy of her memories and consciousness, perhaps altered by whoever created her, and perhaps not even realizing that she was not the real deal.

And your idea for how to do it with Torri was awesome. I still believe that the fact that TPTW only offered Torri one episode was what truly killed GitM and the Weir storyline (at least for now), because it demonstrated that they were not serious about completing the Weir storyline and they were taking Torri and the fans lightly. It needed more than one episode; it probably needs more than one piddly little 90 minute movie if they're going to finish it without rushing it like they did with Ark of Truth. *sighs*

Well developed, my butt.
    I'd gotten over the fact that she was gone by s5, and it was probably the right time to bring her back. Maybe even instead of TMC & BAMSR.....

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Finally saw it! Great! Torri with red hair is awesome!!!

Yeah, on a couple of threads people have mentioned (in majority, I might add) 1) they never should have gotten rid of Weir and 2) she was their favorite leader. I think it's just beating a dead horse to say again that letting Elizabeth go was a mistake, but I'm always glad to hear more than just my friends say it.

What I liked about Teyla/Ronon was that Ronon always respected Teyla. In the episodes where Sheppard found out about her pregnancy, you saw how overprotective Sheppard could be. Not that he did it out of anything but concern and caring, but he still treated her with the 'gentleman's sense' of protection, whereas my take on Ronon was that he saw her as completely able to take care of herself and respected that always. I can't think of Ronon stepping in Teyla's way in any battle, at least not off the top of my head.

Ronon was like that with Elizabeth to a degree too--he protected her in stuff like TR, but he treated her fully with respect. I like him questioning her in CG flat out. She was his leader, and he treated her like the leader, not a woman-leader.

I have no doubt John would have been the knight-in-shining-armor for Elizabeth. But Elizabeth would have been okay with that because she was no warrior. That's another area where they balanced each other out.

On GITM: didn't Malozzi mention that it wasn't the real Weir? That they had ideas of the real Weir being secluded away somewhere? (the line in TMC where clone!Weir says 'I'm the only Weir out there' was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek line). Or did he say that now since things had come out the way they did with Torri and the end of the series, that GITM had become canon?

*shrugs* I still like the idea she's out there. For me, the replicators would be too baffled by her ability to just destroy her. They're logical, they'd want to know how she worked--how a human could control the nanites like that. So they made copies of her to test her 'human abilities' but the real Weir was still out there, locked away, and when Asuras was destroyed, nobody knew it.

I don't know much about the renegade Asgard, but isn't the Asgard's worst enemy the Replicators? It would make sense they came back in some form...

I may have to watch S5. Not just because people do seem to recommend it (and I like RP and JS, even with McKeller) but I'd like to be filled in for some of the holes.

I do honestly think that if Torri had agreed to come back, they may have included her in the hallucination, though my thought was that it may have been Teyla morphing into her. That would have wreaked havoc with all shippers.
    Running out of time, but I agree with almost everything in your post

Inspired by SK's either/either comments

Spoiler:

J: You're with me, or I'm with you, however you want to put it...
    E: Either way, or either way....
    R (to T): Do you think they're going to have intracourse or intercourse?

T: You know, while I was connected to the Queen, I could read the minds of everyone in the room
    E: OMG!!
    Last edited by gateraid; 29 November 2009, 01:50 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok so maybe there's not anything wrong with ff, but something is weird somewhere. I even went to the SGA just in section, the long way, i.e typing in the ff address and then linking through, and still no new stories show up in my view, what the hell?

*grrrrrr*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Erin87: I love your drawings. The dress of Elizabeth is very beautiful like the rest.
        Gateraid: Always funny.

Like Erin87, this is my contribution. I can't upload the color version. Don't ask me why. I will try later but for the moment I give you the B/W version. Maybe I will add some others things. I don't know for the moment.
        Spoiler:

Ten times that I try to post this message. Gateworld has serious problem.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Erin and Probie, love the drawings. I'm glad we have so many talented Sparkies.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
          Ok so maybe there's not anything wrong with ff, but something is weird somewhere. I even went to the SGA just in section, the long way, i.e typing in the ff address and then linking through, and still no new stories show up in my view, what the hell?

*grrrrrr*
          Try using a different browser.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks SR.
            I just found the book "Exogenesis" on Amazon.
            There are 2 books. 145€ for one. It's a little too expensive for me.lol
            sigpic

Comment

GAH! I was in agonies yesterday! My server didn't reset until after I left work, so none of my Sparkies! And it was a really crappy Monday, so I needed you all.

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
              Hello to all

Sorry for being so absent for a long while than I normally anticipated. My mom is doing extremely well and back to her normal self. I tried to logged in, but my internet connection is really bad, my dad is working on it and he's planning to get a replacement soon which I'm very grateful.

Anyway I gotta go because of the temporary connection that I have. So just letting you guys know I haven't disappeared and everything with my family is fine and well *waves*
              Good to hear from you...hope your Mom continues to do well, and I'm glad your family is too!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I'm not seeing anything wrong with ff.net. There are 14 new SGA stories posted just today.

In-very-deed.

Yes! ZOMG, Reiko would no doubt be squeeing her head off reading these reports!

Hahaha! You've trained him well.
              Okay...you know me and links. Anyone want to summarize some of the good stuff? What about mentions of Elizabeth (I think most people try and avoid that now...)

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Thanks SR.
              I just found the book "Exogenesis" on Amazon.
              There are 2 books. 145€ for one. It's a little too expensive for me.lol
              HUH? 145 EUROS?

I seriously need to consider selling my books...

Gater, I miss your picspammage. More plzthnx.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yes 145 euros. I didn't believe it the first time but it's true. The other one: 9.60 euros.
                If you want to sell your books, you can give strange prices:250 euros or 1400 euros.lol
                I'm not ready to put 145 euros for SGA.lol
                sigpic

Comment

GAH! I was in agonies yesterday! My server didn't reset until after I left work, so none of my Sparkies! And it was a really crappy Monday, so I needed you all.

Good to hear from you...hope your Mom continues to do well, and I'm glad your family is too!

Okay...you know me and links. Anyone want to summarize some of the good stuff? What about mentions of Elizabeth (I think most people try and avoid that now...)

HUH? 145 EUROS?

Why yes, yes I'd be glad to. *cracks knuckles over keyboard*

1. Joe was wearing flip flops and a shirt that gapped open between the buttons. There was peekage, both toe and belly. Pics on his thunk thread.
                  2. He talked about how he takes his boys to a movie and they come home and act out the action parts. His wife is very patient and just says "honey, what are you doing?"
                  3. He once again told the story about Jason mooning DH, acting out the good parts.
                  4. His favorite ep was Vegas. *high fives Anuna*
                  5. His least fave is 38 Minutes. It was hot and crowded and Rainbow kept forgetting his lines.
                  6. He hates cats. They're too smart for him and where he lives would be coyote food.
                  7. He has 4 dogs.
                  8. He doesn't have any upcoming projects but is working on a couple of things. Someone asked him about the remake of Rockford files. He just found out about it and isn't real interested because remakes are never very good. ( I hope the fan interest changed his mind on this one.)
                  9. He forgot to turn off his phone and got a call from Rachel during his Q&A. He said something like "how weird" but didn't take the call.
                  10. He admitted that he's hyperactive.
                  11. He was thrilled when a fan asked him to sign a copy of "War and Peace". Evidently this hasn't happened before. They had a conversation but she doesn't remember much. LOL
                  12. He misses David and goofing around with him on set.
                  13. His favorite guitarist is Jimi Hendrix and he likes everything from Figaro to Sex Pistols. His wife hates his music.
                  14. Someone asked for this most memorable Jason story but he said since there were kids in the room he couldn't tell any. LOL
                  15. When asked if he really could fly a helicopter like was reported in S1 he said he may have lied about that to impress them. LOL
                  16. He handed RDA a paper clip and a rubber band in case anything went wrong with the helicopter. Haha. RDA was not amused.
                  17. DH used to complain that Joe and Jason "played with the machine guns". Boys.

Whew! If I find more, I'll add them. That should hold you for awhile. No mention of Elizabeth so far.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why yes, yes I'd be glad to. *cracks knuckles over keyboard*

1. Joe was wearing flip flops and a shirt that gapped open between the buttons. There was peekage, both toe and belly. Pics on his thunk thread.
                    2. He talked about how he takes his boys to a movie and they come home and act out the action parts. His wife is very patient and just says "honey, what are you doing?"
                    3. He once again told the story about Jason mooning DH, acting out the good parts.
                    4. His favorite ep was Vegas. *high fives Anuna*
                    5. His least fave is 38 Minutes. It was hot and crowded and Rainbow kept forgetting his lines.
                    6. He hates cats. They're too smart for him and where he lives would be coyote food.
                    7. He has 4 dogs.
                    8. He doesn't have any upcoming projects but is working on a couple of things. Someone asked him about the remake of Rockford files. He just found out about it and isn't real interested because remakes are never very good. ( I hope the fan interest changed his mind on this one.)
                    9. He forgot to turn off his phone and got a call from Rachel during his Q&A. He said something like "how weird" but didn't take the call.
                    10. He admitted that he's hyperactive.
                    11. He was thrilled when a fan asked him to sign a copy of "War and Peace". Evidently this hasn't happened before. They had a conversation but she doesn't remember much. LOL
                    12. He misses David and goofing around with him on set.
                    13. His favorite guitarist is Jimi Hendrix and he likes everything from Figaro to Sex Pistols. His wife hates his music.
                    14. Someone asked for this most memorable Jason story but he said since there were kids in the room he couldn't tell any. LOL
                    15. When asked if he really could fly a helicopter like was reported in S1 he said he may have lied about that to impress them. LOL
                    16. He handed RDA a paper clip and a rubber band in case anything went wrong with the helicopter. Haha. RDA was not amused.
                    17. DH used to complain that Joe and Jason "played with the machine guns". Boys.

Whew! If I find more, I'll add them. That should hold you for awhile. No mention of Elizabeth so far.
                    THANKS! You're the BEST!!!

Glad he enjoyed Vegas the most.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Another pretty pic by Probie! It's lovely, especially Lizzie.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      * slam the two of them together with almost no forewarning (lets grab a beer - oh hey btw I love you)
                      *snorts*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Inspired by SK's either/either comments

Spoiler:
                      [ATTACH]8814[/ATTACH]
                      J: You're with me, or I'm with you, however you want to put it...
                      E: Either way, or either way....
                      R (to T): Do you think they're going to have intracourse or intercourse?

[ATTACH]8813[/ATTACH]
                      T: You know, while I was connected to the Queen, I could read the minds of everyone in the room
                      E: OMG!!
                      Bwahahahah! So Teyla's turned voyeur, has she?

*clings*

Hmm, I think we've already mentioned most of the good stuff here in the last page or so. No mention of Elizabeth or Torri that I saw. ('Most people try and avoid it now'? No guts, no glory! )

HUH? 145 EUROS?

I am still kicking myself for not picking up those out of print novels for only $8 at last year's Creation con in Burbank. I could be making a killing on eBay!

What she said!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I third the request for Gateraid's captions.

Guys, I'm here just to wave and tell you I'm awfully busy with work. And then, there's the Big Bang. I decided to try and finish it in next ten days - either that way or no way.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Guys, I'm here just to wave and tell you I'm awfully busy with work. And then, there's the Big Bang. I decided to try and finish it in next ten days - either that way or no way.
                          *waves back* Good luck girl. You can do it!

More on the Joe report.

1. His bees aren't doing well. They need rain.
                          2. He's looking for just the right project because he doesn't need the money. *sigh*
                          3. Evidently his house sits on 15 acres in Malibu. Do you have any idea how much that is worth? Mama mia!
                          4. He's designing bunk beds.
                          5. One fan got to ruffle his hair.
                          6. Another one (or maybe it was the same one) got a bear hug from behind. *envy*
                          sigpic

Comment

Holy smokes! You can do it, 'Nuna!

*waves back* Good luck girl. You can do it!

More on the Joe report.

1. His bees aren't doing well. They need rain.
                            2. He's looking for just the right project because he doesn't need the money. *sigh*
                            3. Evidently his house sits on 15 acres in Malibu. Do you have any idea how much that is worth? Mama mia!
                            4. He's designing bunk beds.
                            5. One fan got to ruffle his hair.
                            6. Another one (or maybe it was the same one) got a bear hug from behind. *envy*
                            Aw, poor bees. Yeah, it's been pretty dry out here. Cooler than normal, but still dry.

Good for him, that he's in a position where he can be more selective in his choice of projects.

15 acres? Yep, that's a lot, especially in Malibu. Location, location, location.

Bunk beds? For the boys? Heehee!

Hair ruffling and bear hugs... *joins in the envy* I think I read somewhere that someone else getting a photo op even got a snuggle. (or maybe that was the bear hug one you mentioned) *really envious*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Aw, poor bees. I read somewhere Joe can listen to opera and then Sex Pistols straight after. *thumbs up*

Now, if you're interested in bb snippet?

Spoiler:
                              It was going better than anyone had expected. John ordered a beer and waited, nodding back to a dark haired woman who flashed a smile in his direction. Attention was definitely nice thing, he thought and waited, looking toward the members of his band. Well, technicaly, it was his and Mitchell's band. They still didn't have the right name. This week it was The Jumpers. John hated it, but Mitchell thought it was funny.

That McKay fellow wasn't joking when he said this place would be packed. John had a good feeling about it, and he heard of the club before, but it was reserved for real bands. Well, now they had an agent, and despite guy's conviction that he was God's gift to business, music and universe itself, John had a good feeling about him too. But considerable arrogance aside, Rodney McKay had the pitbull mentality when it came to work. That couldn't be bad.

While Rodney was sharing a reluctant dring with four weird looking guys with long, bleached hair, John's friends were drowning out another round of beers. John, the almost non – drinker was supposed to tell them when to cut it out. He could see by the way Evan was leaning toward Laura that he was tipsy enough. One more beer and he'd mess up his cords.

One of the guys at Rodney's table, Todd was his name, raised a glass. Apparently, McKay gained another client. Or rather clients. John grinned in McKay's direction. He needed a girl instead of Todd, Bob, Steve and that no name guy who never said anything. The only thing John saw him doing was playing cards and bass guitar.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thanks SK for your comment. It's nore easy to draw Elizabeth now. I have to work on Sheppard. Sometimes, I succeed to draw him and another time he is horrible.lol
                                I don't know what I will do now. Maybe Teyla or Rodney or Carson or I will draw what I like to do more (technology, jaffa, ...not a person lol).
                                And this was my model for my drawing. The original is better so I want to share this with you.
                                Spoiler:

From French Magazine Arthelius
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X