No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh boy shopping. I actually went and bought a pair of Brooks Brothers pajamas (100% cotton of course) and got 15% using my corporate discount and ordered a pair of Allen Edmonds in burnished Merlot brogues (McAllister from the Timeless Classics collection). I used my corporate discount for 25% off. Sorry I can't make the sleepover where we braid each others hair

Jeans shopping is a pain for us fellows too. After shedding some inches from the belly (33 now, *happy dance*) I had to buy regular cut jeans as opposed to the relaxed fit. Now I know why I stick to trousers and chinos.

*Gets on soap box* Now, I see clothing/shopping as a manly activity. Here's an example:
    Hey John, that's a well cut suit. May I ask were you acquired it?
    Thank you. I got it a Henry Poole's.
    I'll have to go see them.

But here's what usually happens when I go with the GF:
    You should buy these shoes.
    Why?
    They look cool. They're in fashion.
    I don't like square toed shoes. What's wrong with my Allen Edmonds bluchers?
    They're not what is in right now.
    I didn't know Goodyear welting, calf leather outsoles, and single oak soles aren't classic anymore.
    WHAT?
    I'm going to look at power tools.
    *Steps off soap box.*

Hmm... (unleashes plot bunny from cage) Lizzie and John shopping together. (Laughs maniacally at the havoc said plot bunny will cause.)
    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Ooooh, SyFy is rerunning Instinct right now!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Hmm... (unleashes plot bunny from cage) Lizzie and John shopping together. (Laughs maniacally at the havoc said plot bunny will cause.)
      Ahahahaha! Dooo iiiiit! If it's anything like the New York vs. Chicago pizza war, it'll be a good one!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Hiya Probie! *waves*

Exhausting is right. I still don't have a new pair of dressy black jeans. I swear, it's like they deliberately cut the black ones smaller in the waist just to piss me off. Argh.

Mmmm, rumpled Joe...

I think justhere was going to go to the Chicago con, but something else came up.
        Tell me about it! Or when you go to the store and you have one pair or jeans that are perfect...and you go to the next store and they're completely different. They're jeans FCOL! *headdesk*

pkprd869 lol! Reminds me of when me and my brother went to get a christmas present for his GF (now wife) a few years ago and he said "We're going man shopping" me: "*confusion*" him: we're going in, getting what we want and coming out." It took us all of 10 minutes

*imagines John and Liz shopping*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

LMAO at John doing the Gibbs head slap on McKay!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*pops in*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            pkprd869 lol! Reminds me of when me and my brother went to get a christmas present for his GF (now wife) a few years ago and he said "We're going man shopping" me: "*confusion*" him: we're going in, getting what we want and coming out." It took us all of 10 minutes

*imagines John and Liz shopping*
            Ahhhh.....ye' ole "bag it and drag it" strategy.

God Bless Sparky!

Sparky Is Eternal!

*pops out*
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

"So it's a teenage thing; pimples, rebellion, life-sucking."

*Lizzie gives John a 'you are so silly!' look*

Hah!

Comment

*is watching...whatever episode is on Scifi*

Shep looks so...GAH!!! in this episode. *dies* It's so the hair

Awww Elizabeth smiles at him so cutely just now

Comment

And she looks behind at Shep for his opinion

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    *pops in*

Ahhhh.....ye' ole "bag it and drag it" strategy.

God Bless Sparky!

Sparky Is Eternal!

*pops out*
                    "bag it and drag it"? Hey, sometimes it works!

*waves* Sparky rules!

Comment

The funny thing is...the wraith so acts like a teenager Gets mad/upset and stomps away to her room...

Comment

The funny thing is...the wraith so acts like a teenager Gets mad/upset and stomps away to her room...
                        Yeah, Jewel did pretty good with Elia.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Yeah, Jewel did pretty good with Elia.
                          Yes she did

I love this part where Mckay says that he diagnosed himself in class...it's so him!

Comment

Yes she did

I love this part where Mckay says that he diagnosed himself in class...it's so him!
                            *snickers*

Oooh, McKay's actually smart in a not-super-genius way when he asks if Elia has any favorite hiding spots...

Comment

Ewww, lot of blood on John's arm...

Comment

*pops in*
                                Hey Sparkies... just thought I'd share this little tptb snark with you guys:
                                For one of the first times ever I read the credits of 'Torchwood' and to my pleasant surprise they have someone who's responsible for 'continuity'...
                                Hmmm... maybe the SG tptb should hire someone like that too...
                                It would keep the brains of fans in a better state as they wouldn't have to *headdesk* so many times...
                                These were my two cents...
                                *pops out*

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X