Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Alright, I finished another part of my fic. Please lemme know your thoughts on it... and honestly... I still don't have a title,so if you do, please lemme know!

Enjoy the read:

Spoiler:
    “Elizabeth, did you have lunch yet?”
    The woman in question looked up from the screen of her computer.
    “Teyla, I’m afraid not.”
    “John would not approve of that. Especially in your condition.”
    Elizabeth gave her Athosian friend a humored glare. “You taking over his role of dragging me to the mess hall?”
    A small smile appeared on Teyla’s face. “If that is what it takes, then yes.”
    Elizabeth laughed and shook her head while getting up from her chair. “Well, we wouldn’t want to piss off John, now would we?”
    “Exactly.” Teyla agreed and lead her friend out of the office.

John looked at the doorbell worried. How was he going to give Elizabeth’s family the news that they would probably never see them again? He knew he didn’t have any solid news yet, he had talked with the SGC for a couple of minutes on the phone and apparently the hurry Van Der Bild had been in yesterday was now completely gone, but they had told him to just hang tight and that they would contact him when the time was ripe. He hadn’t told them about Angie yet. But there was something in the pit of his stomach that told him that once they stepped foot on the Deadalus or once they stepped through the event horizon he wouldn’t see Earth again, not for a very long time at least. John had learned to depend on that gut-feeling. It was usually right. And that was why he knew he had to tell Jessica and Marc about the fact that Elizabeth and he would never be returning. That Jessica would probably never get to know her grandson and that Marc would never become the boy’s godfather.
    John swallowed thickly, let out a forced breath and rang the doorbell. When his hand dropped down, his new charge instantly attached herself to it, looking nervous. Looking like he felt.
    “No worries.” He tried to give her a reassuring smile, but the look she gave him told him she didn’t believe him whatsoever.
    She was smart, just like her dad. Peter had, unlike him, joined Mensa and he had quickly grown into one of their key members. His decision to join the US Army had received a lot of unbelief amongst his friends, colleagues and professors. For John, the army had been a way to escape, for Marc it had been an adventure, a challenge and a way to prove he was more than a brainiac. And once more Marc had proven to be a bigger man than his older brother because while John was lounging around the helicopters and planes simply because he loved the speed, Marc had qualified to join the Special Forces, doing covert-ops and thinking out strategies to fool the enemy. He had probably known about the Stargate program long before John had ever set foot on McMurdo.
    The knowing look Angie gave him now told John she was much brighter than she let on… just like her dad… and not so much unlike her uncle.

When Elizabeth and Teyla entered the mess hall, they were quickly called over to a table that was taken by Rodney, Carson, Ronon, Lorne, Zelenka and Cam. The two remaining seats were obviously for them and Elizabeth gave Teyla a glare to let her know she was onto the fact that she had been set up. Teyla just smiled and pointed to one of the empty chairs.
    “Please, take a seat. I will get our food.”
    “Thank you, but I can manage that myself.”
    Teyla put a reassuring hand on Elizabeth’s shoulder. “Please, sit down with your friends.”
    Elizabeth shot the Athosian woman another look and sat down. As she glanced at the faces of her friends and colleagues, she knew they had lured her here with a purpose. Something was up and she was hoping they would fill her in on it.

Marc sighed and gripped the railing of the porch just a bit tighter while keeping an eye on his mother and his brand new niece who were playing in the yard. The older woman had accepted Angie instantly and while she had taken the girl outside to play, John had tried to break the news of them never returning to his brother-in-law.
    “I don’t know how you could tell her that news gently.”
    “I know.” John sighed.
    “She has been looking forward to grandchildren so much and for so long…”
    “And now she will probably never be able to see her grandson.”
    “Exactly… I’m glad she met Angie though. She’s a sweet kid.”
    “She had good parents.”
    “She still has good parents.” Marc assured him and John softly smiled.
    “It’s weird though, one minute you’re expecting a baby boy and the next you get this six year old girl thrown into your lap while still expecting that baby boy.”
    “Do you regret it?”
    “No way.” John answered without missing a beat. How could he ever regret saying yes to adopting Angie?
    “Good.”
    It stayed quiet between the two men for a while until eventually Marc broke the silence.
    “I’d like to know the truth.”
    John turned to him “About what?” Stupid thing to ask as he knew perfectly well what Marc was talking about.
    “The truth about where you’re going. About where Liz is right now and about the place where you’ll spend the rest of your lives and raise your kids.”
    “Marc…”
    “John, please. I know it’s classified. I know it’s national security and top secret. But please, tell me. It’s the least I deserve since I will be the one who’s left behind with mom.”
    John let out a sigh and looked intently at the woman in the garden who still seemed carefree for now. “Fair enough.”
    While releasing a breath he didn’t realize he’d been holding, Marc suddenly felt a surge of relief. “Thank you.”
    John nodded. “Just promise me you won’t tell anyone. Not even your mother. Especially not your mother.”
    “She’d only be worried more?”
    John nodded again. “That’s probably putting it mildly.”
    Oooooh, awesome!
    Spoiler:
    Loving how Teyla and everyone else on Atlantis is taking care of Lizzie for John. So sweet!

The SGC still doesn't know about Angie? I thought John was going to tell O'Neill? Or is O'Neill keeping it to himself for now? Hah, that's Jack!

One thing: John is in the Air Force, not the Army. Different branch of the military. And I think you got Peter and Marc confused at some point in that explanation.

But it's cool that at least one of Lizzie's relatives will know a little about Atlantis...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, kitchen space! That would be a very awesome touch
      And not only for making breakfast, but for making a romantic dinner too
      And midnight ice cream runs.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Oooooh, awesome!
        Spoiler:
        Loving how Teyla and everyone else on Atlantis is taking care of Lizzie for John. So sweet!

The SGC still doesn't know about Angie? I thought John was going to tell O'Neill? Or is O'Neill keeping it to himself for now? Hah, that's Jack!

One thing: John is in the Air Force, not the Army. Different branch of the military. And I think you got Peter and Marc confused at some point in that explanation.

But it's cool that at least one of Lizzie's relatives will know a little about Atlantis...
        Thank you!! And you're right with the mix-up... that's what happens when you write while doing three other things and post it unbeta'd... *facepalm*
        But I fixed it

And midnight ice cream runs.
        Oh, that will be very necessary when she's pregnant

Sig by me

Comment

Anyway, I'm off, it's getting close to 0130h and I've been counting on my energy reserves way too much these last weeks... I need some sleep so I'm off to bed

Sig by me

Comment

Thank you!! And you're right with the mix-up... that's what happens when you write while doing three other things and post it unbeta'd... *facepalm*
            But I fixed it
            Hee! Oh, I know what you mean about doing three different things at once!

Oh, that will be very necessary when she's pregnant
            Exactly what I was thinking! John better lay in a good stock of pickles, too!

Anyway, I'm off, it's getting close to 0130h and I've been counting on my energy reserves way too much these last weeks... I need some sleep so I'm off to bed
            Nighty-night! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Hmm, and speaking of heading off to take care of needs... It's dinner time, and I'm hungry!

So I'm off to eat! See you later, Sparkies! *waves*

Comment

Hey everyone! *waves*

The sparky mojo was going today so I made this, hope you guys like it! Snarchable as always!

(clicky)

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

When John says: 'I'll be damned if I let a bunch of replicators take our home away from us'. Liz looks at him with the most adoring look in her eyes.
                  Awwwww... *melts*
                  *sighs happily* I love that line.

Well, all they have to do is steal the city and go become space pirates or something. Then they don't have to worry about what Earth thinks.
                  Heehee!

Another great post-a-thon guys! Fun reading, I wish I could have joined in , but we went to an air show in Virginia instead. It was interesting though, so it wasn't so bad. Maybe next week?

Alright, I finished another part of my fic. Please lemme know your thoughts on it... and honestly... I still don't have a title,so if you do, please lemme know!

Enjoy the read:

Spoiler:
                  <space>
                  Yay! More fic! 'Nother good chapter.
                  Spoiler:
                  So sad! Liz's mom not being able to see her grandchildren. Nice that he's telling Marc though. And I like Teyla making sure Elizabeth takes care of herself. 'Cause you know John would hear about it if she didn't.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Hey everyone! *waves*

The sparky mojo was going today so I made this, hope you guys like it! Snarchable as always!

(clicky)
                    Oooo... Very pretty!
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      Hey everyone! *waves*

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/v..._sometimes.jpg
                      (clicky)
                      Ooooh, that's lovely!

I think Sparky's unexpectedness is part of its charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Another great post-a-thon guys! Fun reading, I wish I could have joined in , but we went to an air show in Virginia instead. It was interesting though, so it wasn't so bad. Maybe next week?
                        An air show? Cool! Gotta love all those flyboys in action!

Comment

RegularAmanda - Love the pic... lovely

KR - Love your fic.. you got talent girl!!!!!

My plot bunnies have buggered off and deserted me.. how rude....

Comment

Hello thread! Lovely fics and art as always. I missed you all yesterday. *sniff* Wasn't home. *sniff*
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Hello thread! Lovely fics and art as always. I missed you all yesterday. *sniff* Wasn't home. *sniff*
                              We missed you too! *huggles*

Comment

We missed you three!

Comment

Working...
                                X