Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be Afraid My Sparkies.. be very afraid.

KR has thrown me a plotbunny Re No31 of our sparky quotes... lets just say its turning out to be an interesting fic... give me a few hours and It'll be done and posted

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Wow, now I really want to get my hands on some French magazines and read all this wonderful Sparky hinting.
      Me too. (Even though I can't read French.) I wonder if Probie could scan the articles and post the images...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
        Be Afraid My Sparkies.. be very afraid.

KR has thrown me a plotbunny Re No31 of our sparky quotes... lets just say its turning out to be an interesting fic... give me a few hours and It'll be done and posted
        Oooooh! A Coup d'Etat fic? Can't wait to see it!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A snippley

PROMPT ///////
          31. SHEPPARD: The coup was successful. Ladon Radim is the new leader of the Genii. (He sits on the edge of her desk.)
          WEIR: Wow, that was fast.
          SHEPPARD: Well, once people found out Cowen and his elite guard were out of the picture, his loyalists laid down their weapons. They're billing it as a bloodless coup `cause no-one died on their home soil.
          WEIR: So a nuclear explosion and the lives of an entire battalion of men don't count?
          SHEPPARD: Yeah, it's all spin. What d'you think the fallout's gonna be?
          WEIR: Well, historically, most coups end up with the new government being about as bad as the old one.
          SHEPPARD: I don't know. He seemed pretty grateful we saved his sister.
          WEIR: There's that.
          SHEPPARD: He did save me and my team.
          WEIR: There's that too.
          SHEPPARD: So I say we call it a win.
          WEIR: Who's spinning now?!
          SHEPPARD: Alright. Then I say we call it a night.
          WEIR: That we can do!

Spoiler:
          Dr Elizabeth Weir hesitated as John finished speaking but didn't move, obviously waiting for her to join him. She rose from her chair and rounded the table, falling into step beside him as they left her office and headed for the control room. Rounding the corner John seemed to steer them towards the mess hall, smiling like a goofball at the few expedition members they encountered during the short walk.

He headed to the near empty buffet and cast his eyes over the contents and pulling his face into a frown.

" Not up to your standard?" Elizabeth commented, looking over the leftover and rather unappetising food that was left.

" Err.. no.... I got a better idea" John's face lit up and he grabbed Elizabeth by the hand, pulling her towards the storeroom where the expeditions food stores were kept. Keying in his access code the latch popped open and he pulled her inside, allowing the door to swing shut and kissing her soundly whilst pressing her against one of the crates. Neither heard the lock reactivate....

Elizabeth stifled a moan as John left her lips and trailed kisses down her neck, leaning her head to the side to allow him better access.

" What if...someone walks in?" She gasped, breathless as John nibbled on the point where her shoulder met her neck, one of her 'on buttons' as John so called it.

" No-one's up... cept us" John mumbled, his fingers making their way to the milky flesh beneath her shirt. " Cept maybe Rodney... but he'll get over it"

Elizabeth giggled at the thought of Rodney's wide eyes and slack jawed response to finding them making out in a storeroom and wondered how long it would take him to recover from the sight.... hrmm... a while... Her eyes fluttered closed again as John's hands continued their exploration and her mind closed down to the sheer bliss he was causing her body.

Some time later John slumped over her, spent and dripping with sweat from the exhurtion of their lovemaking. It had been an experience for both of them, the risk of being caught only adding to the intensity. Slowly Elizabeth's breathing returned to normal and she cracked open an eye, giggling at the goofy expression on John's face.

" Do you always look so smug after sex?" She asked, toying with his hair as she idley looked past him for her scattered clothes. She spied her shirt, caught up in the tomato crate and reached over for it, falling miles short.

John disentangled himself from her body, reaching over to snag the shirt and tossed it over to her. He found his trousers kicked under one of the freezers and dropped to his knees to retrieve them, unable to remember kicking them over there in the first place. Meanwhile Elizabeth had cleaned up the evidence of their makeout session and was still trying to find her trousers, ending up having to climb up the racking to the top crate of Athosian potatoes to retrieve them. Grabbing the offending trousers she quickly pulled them back on and couldn't resist a giggle at the sight of him trying to retrieve his shirt from the lampshade. How it had ended up there she had no idea, but the thought amused her greatly.

" I spose we should get outta here before someone comes looking for us" Elizabeth said with a resigned sigh, waiting till John was fully dressed before wandering over to the store room door and trying to open it.
          Nothing happened.

" Ah... slight problem" she turned and faced him, taking in his look of surprise as he too tried to open the door. It refused to budge.

" Oh crap" John hissed as he tried to access the door controls, only to find them inoperative. His attempt to force the latch was met with failure as the door stubbornly refused to move.

" So much for not getting caught " Elizabeth lamented as she backed away from the door and started looking around the storeroom. She picked out enough fresh food to pack a small picnic for two and plonked herself down on the floor whilst John made the embarrassing call to the control room to advise them of the situation.

" All I could hear was Rodney's laughing" John explained as he pulled the earpeice from his head and tossed it to the floor. Elizabeth smirked as she heard the ruccus even from where she was sitting, knowing that her Chief Scientist was gonna have a field day.

" Oh.. wait... let me try... nope... lets try... bugger.. I'll get back you" Rodney's voice faded as the earpiece clicked off, the tapping of Rodneys laptop dying with the voice of its operator.

" Well that's not reassuring" John quipped, plonking down on the floor next to Elizabeth and swiping the bread roll she was assembling from her hands.

" Hey!" She protested, trying to grab the roll back and only succeeding in partially spreading its contents on the floor. What was it with John and messes? He stuffed as much of the roll as possible into this mouth as if to claim victory, his smirk triumphant even around a very full mouth of food. Giving him the eye Elizabeth made herself another roll and settled back against of the crates to eat it.

Comment

KR Have I ever mentioned how utter squee you write?

Well done my girl!!!!
            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Lasagna! Yum. Darnit, now I'm hungry!

This was just awesome. Especially Lizzie's brother... that last little bit that Lizzie told John about him... Awwwww! *melts into a puddle of happy goo*
            Oh, this is great Kris! *happy dance* Love the bit with his wonderfully messy hair in the first part, and love him meeting her family. I agree with SK, Liz's comment at the end about her brother was just so sweet and melting inducing. Brava!
            *blushes*

Thanks guys!! I'm glad you don't think I didn't overdid with Elizabeth's mom not liking John... but the reason for that will be explained later.
            And I'm also very glad you liked the part with her brother.
            *happily goes writing some more*

Back from dinner!

And, as promised, today's Smut!Day fic rec:

Saying Goodbye, by Oparu. AU for The Long Goodbye, in which Phebus's story was true and John and Elizabeth get ringside seats to Phebus and Thalan's goodbye.

Happy Sparky reading!
            Thank you for the rec
            This has got to be one of my fav TLG-based fics

A snippley

PROMPT ///////
            31. SHEPPARD: The coup was successful. Ladon Radim is the new leader of the Genii. (He sits on the edge of her desk.)
            SHEPPARD: Well, once people found out Cowen and his elite guard were out of the picture, his loyalists laid down their weapons. They're billing it as a bloodless coup `cause no-one died on their home soil.
            WEIR: So a nuclear explosion and the lives of an entire battalion of men don't count?
            WEIR: Well, historically, most coups end up with the new government being about as bad as the old one.

Spoiler:
            Dr Elizabeth Weir hesitated as John finished speaking but didn't move, obviously waiting for her to join him. She rose from her chair and rounded the table, falling into step beside him as they left her office and headed for the control room. Rounding the corner John seemed to steer them towards the mess hall, smiling like a goofball at the few expedition members they encountered during the short walk.

He headed to the near empty buffet and cast his eyes over the contents and pulling his face into a frown.

" Not up to your standard?" Elizabeth commented, looking over the leftover and rather unappetising food that was left.

" Err.. no.... I got a better idea" John's face lit up and he grabbed Elizabeth by the hand, pulling her towards the storeroom where the expeditions food stores were kept. Keying in his access code the latch popped open and he pulled her inside, allowing the door to swing shut and kissing her soundly whilst pressing her against one of the crates. Neither heard the lock reactivate....

Elizabeth stifled a moan as John left her lips and trailed kisses down her neck, leaning her head to the side to allow him better access.

" What if...someone walks in?" She gasped, breathless as John nibbled on the point where her shoulder met her neck, one of her 'on buttons' as John so called it.

" No-one's up... cept us" John mumbled, his fingers making their way to the milky flesh beneath her shirt. " Cept maybe Rodney... but he'll get over it"

Elizabeth giggled at the thought of Rodney's wide eyes and slack jawed response to finding them making out in a storeroom and wondered how long it would take him to recover from the sight.... hrmm... a while... Her eyes fluttered closed again as John's hands continued their exploration and her mind closed down to the sheer bliss he was causing her body.

Some time later John slumped over her, spent and dripping with sweat from the exhurtion of their lovemaking. It had been an experience for both of them, the risk of being caught only adding to the intensity. Slowly Elizabeth's breathing returned to normal and she cracked open an eye, giggling at the goofy expression on John's face.

" Do you always look so smug after sex?" She asked, toying with his hair as she idley looked past him for her scattered clothes. She spied her shirt, caught up in the tomato crate and reached over for it, falling miles short.

John disentangled himself from her body, reaching over to snag the shirt and tossed it over to her. He found his trousers kicked under one of the freezers and dropped to his knees to retrieve them, unable to remember kicking them over there in the first place. Meanwhile Elizabeth had cleaned up the evidence of their makeout session and was still trying to find her trousers, ending up having to climb up the racking to the top crate of Athosian potatoes to retrieve them. Grabbing the offending trousers she quickly pulled them back on and couldn't resist a giggle at the sight of him trying to retrieve his shirt from the lampshade. How it had ended up there she had no idea, but the thought amused her greatly.

" I spose we should get outta here before someone comes looking for us" Elizabeth said with a resigned sigh, waiting till John was fully dressed before wandering over to the store room door and trying to open it.
            Nothing happened.

" Ah... slight problem" she turned and faced him, taking in his look of surprise as he too tried to open the door. It refused to budge.

" Oh crap" John hissed as he tried to access the door controls, only to find them inoperative. His attempt to force the latch was met with failure as the door stubbornly refused to move.

" So much for not getting caught " Elizabeth lamented as she backed away from the door and started looking around the storeroom. She picked out enough fresh food to pack a small picnic for two and plonked herself down on the floor whilst John made the embarrassing call to the control room to advise them of the situation.

" All I could hear was Rodney's laughing" John explained as he pulled the earpeice from his head and tossed it to the floor. Elizabeth smirked as she heard the ruccus even from where she was sitting, knowing that her Chief Scientist was gonna have a field day.

" Oh.. wait... let me try... nope... lets try... bugger.. I'll get back you" Rodney's voice faded as the earpiece clicked off, the tapping of Rodneys laptop dying with the voice of its operator.

" Well that's not reassuring" John quipped, plonking down on the floor next to Elizabeth and swiping the bread roll she was assembling from her hands.

" Hey!" She protested, trying to grab the roll back and only succeeding in partially spreading its contents on the floor. What was it with John and messes? He stuffed as much of the roll as possible into this mouth as if to claim victory, his smirk triumphant even around a very full mouth of food. Giving him the eye Elizabeth made herself another roll and settled back against of the crates to eat it.
            Rofl @ Rodney!!! I can't wait to read more... didn't you tell me it would be finished by the time I got out of bed

Sig by me

Comment

A snippley

[snippage of that fun scene from the end of Coup d'Etat]

Spoiler:

Nothing happened.

Hah! Locked themselves in the pantry, did they? Now that's what I call a picnic!

Well, I'm off to bed. Nighty-night, all! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

pretty kinky i'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  *blushes*

Thanks guys!! I'm glad you don't think I didn't overdid with Elizabeth's mom not liking John... but the reason for that will be explained later.
                  And I'm also very glad you liked the part with her brother.
                  *happily goes writing some more*

Thank you for the rec
                  This has got to be one of my fav TLG-based fics

Rofl @ Rodney!!! I can't wait to read more... didn't you tell me it would be finished by the time I got out of bed
                  Ermm... work got busy!!!!!! I'll try and finish tomorrow

Comment

Ermm... work got busy!!!!!! I'll try and finish tomorrow
                    Oh heck!
                    *waits impatiently*
                    Isn't it tomorrow yet???

Sig by me

Comment

Oh heck!
                      *waits impatiently*
                      Isn't it tomorrow yet???
                      Geez someone's impatient! Gawd its not THAT good a fic anyway....

Comment

Geez someone's impatient! Gawd its not THAT good a fic anyway....
                        Euhm... yeah it is!
                        It's got John together with Liz locked in a storage room having sex and a picknick (not at the same time!) Although....
                        So with you as a writer that makes it a good fic in my book!

Sig by me

Comment

Euhm... yeah it is!
                          It's got John together with Liz locked in a storage room having sex and a picknick (not at the same time!) Although....
                          So with you as a writer that makes it a good fic in my book!
                          Pfft.. me thinks you are biased girl :: slips more money under the door ::

Comment

Pfft.. me thinks you are biased girl :: slips more money under the door ::
                            *takes money and tucks it away*
                            Me biased? Never!

Sig by me

Comment

Me too. (Even though I can't read French.) I wonder if Probie could scan the articles and post the images...
                              I'll try to see if I can scan them but I can translate what is written if you want.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Best Sparky quotes:

1-20:
                                Spoiler:
                                1. John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?

2. The bedroom scene in The Return part I (get your minds out of the gutter ladies. I'm referring to the one on Atlantis where they are all gangly and awkward and almost look like they are about to say something else but don't dammit)

3. Kolya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SHEPPARD: Good. Wouldn’t be the same without you. (Bedroom scene in Home)

5. Sheppard: Listen, uh, I'd like to say something while I still can. (38 minutes - before he wants to spill his guts to her but Ford interrupts him)

6.CARTER: Being in Doctor Weir’s old office made you think of that, didn’t it?

7. Elizabeth: Who is this? (Rising - when she sees him for the first time)

8. SHEPPARD: It's better for the both of us. (Conversion)

9.(After the hug) WEIR: Yes, you are. I truly thought ...
                                SHEPPARD: Yeah, yeah, I thought the same thing about you a minute ago. We gotta stop that!
                                (Elizabeth nods.)
                                WEIR: I'd like that!

10. WEIR: You can't.
                                SHEPPARD: I have to, and you know it.
                                WEIR (shaking her head): John ... (They stare at each other *eye!sex* for a few moments, then she realizes that there is no other way.) Go.

11. SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, you’re with me -- or I’m with you, however you wanna put it.
                                WEIR: Either [ee-ther] way ... or either [eye-ther] way. (Submersion)

12. John: Sorry about that, I had to, uh...you okay?
                                Elizabeth: No.
                                John: You will be. Come on!
                                (The Eye)

13. Carson: We're losing her.
                                John: Not yet we're not. (breaks quarantine and grabs her arm: TRW)

14. John: You do realise I can get us into all sorts of trouble, right?

15. SHEPPARD: Atlantis, this is Sheppard.
                                WEIR: John?!
                                SHEPPARD: What other Sheppards do you know?

16. WEIR: Are you alright?
                                SHEPPARD: Yeah. Two arms, ten fingers ... (he looks down) I'll check the rest later.
                                (and we just know Lizzie's going to help with that 'check'!)

17. SHEPPARD: I knew you'd say yes!
                                WEIR: I haven't said yes.
                                SHEPPARD: Well, you were about to.
                                (Elizabeth narrows her eyes at him for a moment.) WEIR: Yes.
                                SHEPPARD: There y'go!
                                WEIR: Hmm.

18. SHEPPARD: I was just thinkin’ again – about Doctor Weir and everyone else on Atlantis.
                                TEYLA: Of course. I am sure she is fine – as I am sure they are all fine.[/b] (Home)

19. John: (He reaches into his pack and takes out a round shape wrapped in cloth.) Picked this up on the mainland. The Athosians made it. (He hands it to Elizabeth.) Happy birthday.
                                (Elizabeth stares at him, part pleased and part annoyed.)
                                Liz: Hmm. (She unwraps the cloth and finds an earthenware pot with a lid.) It's beautiful. (She looks at him.) How did you find out?
                                John: Mum's the word. (He goes back inside. Elizabeth looks at her present and smiles.)

SHEPPARD: Elizabeth.
                                WEIR (still staring down at Oberoth): Get to the Jumper.
                                SHEPPARD: You’re coming with us.
                                (Ronon gets a clear shot and fires his weapon at Oberoth. The blast hits him but has no effect.)
                                WEIR: I can’t keep them frozen much longer!
                                SHEPPARD: We’re not leaving you behind!
                                WEIR: If you don’t leave right now, none of us will get out of here, so go. (She turns her head slightly towards John.) THAT’S AN ORDER!
                                (Her distraction breaks her concentration. Oberoth drops her hand and a blast from a Replicator weapon behind him heads towards Ronon. He ducks out of the way and turns to run, grabbing at John to get him moving.)
                                DEX: Come on!
                                SHEPPARD (anguished): Elizabeth!
                                (As Replicators hurry down the corridor from behind Oberoth, Elizabeth turns and yells at John.)
                                WEIR: Go!
                                (John’s last glimpse of Elizabeth is her frantic face as Replicators surround her. As they seize her arms, John and Ronon race off around the corner.)

21. John: I’m just saying ...
                                Liz: Yes, you can be next.
                                John: Thank you! (Tao of Rodney)

22. JORDAN: Well, sir, there's someone here who would like to have a word with you.
                                (Rodney frowns in confusion. Jordan steps out of the way. A couple of seconds later, Elizabeth walks into view. John and Rodney's eyes widen and they stare in disbelief.)
                                SHEPPARD: Elizabeth!
                                WEIR (smiling): Hello, John.

Spoiler:
                                Liz in computer: I'm sorry to cause all this trouble. Who's there with you? Is -- is John Sheppard there?
                                (John hesitates for a long time, then speaks nervously.)
                                John: Hi.
                                Liz in computer: It's so good to hear your voice again.(GitM)

Spoiler:

SHEPPARD: You said you broke off from them -- that they couldn't track you.
                                KORACEN: Track her? She was the one who alerted us, when the time was right, to come. We were only following her commands.
                                FRAN/WEIR: John, listen to me. I had to bring them here. It was our only chance; our only way out. I didn't know that Koracen would cause this kind of trouble.
                                (John looks between the two of them, almost as if deciding which one to shoot first.)
                                FRAN/WEIR: I didn't think that anyone would get hurt.
                                SHEPPARD: What did you think we were gonna do: just give you a bunch of Replicator bodies and send you on your way?
                                FRAN/WEIR: I truly believed that we were no threat to you.
                                SHEPPARD: You may still think that you're Elizabeth, but you're not.
                                (FRAN/Elizabeth looks at him, hurt. As she bows her head in pain, the lights come on. Taking advantage of the distraction, Koracen charges at John, pulls his rifle out of his hand and hurls him hard against the wall. As he slumps to the floor, FRAN/Elizabeth races over and grabs Koracen, slamming him angrily back against the wall. Before he can react, she pushes her fingers into his forehead and concentrates. John looks up from the floor in confusion. She pulls her fingers out again and Koracen disintegrates into tiny pieces.)
                                (GITM)

25. WEIR: Well – the beard is interesting! (Epiphany)

26. John: It's kinda weird, that's all. I mean, I don't see you for all this time and then five minutes later I find out ...
                                (He trails off.)
                                Liz: ... that I'm dead. Yeah. Don't worry – the moment I learned the truth, I knew there'd be no going back the way things were – not for me, not for any of us.
                                (TMC)

27. SHEPPARD: You're a hopeless romantic, you know that?
                                WEIR (smiling at him): Well, *you're* just as hopeless, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed.
                                (TLG)

28. SHEPPARD: We haven’t given up hope. If there’s a chance she’s still alive, I’ll find her.
                                CARTER: I know
                                (Lifeline)

29. Liz: Hey, what are you doing up so late?
                                John: Couldn't sleep. (He goes to a coffee pot and pours himself a drink.) Must be the, uh, burden of command -- you know, ever since I was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel. (He sits down opposite Elizabeth.)
                                Liz: Alright, John -- it's been almost a month. When are you gonna stop trying to bringing that up in every single conversation?!
                                John: You gotta understand -- there's a lot of people in the Air Force who never thought I'd make it past Captain!
                                Liz: Well obviously the people whose opinions matter the most thought otherwise. (She sits back in her chair and raises her eyebrows at him.)
                                (The Intruder)

30. SHEPPARD (to Elizabeth): You say these things happen every twenty years, right?
                                WEIR: That's what they tell us.
                                SHEPPARD: How far in advance can we book days off?
                                (The Eye)

(Coup d'etat)

32. WEIR: Hey, what are you guys doing?
                                SHEPPARD: I'm teaching Teyla how football is the cornerstone of Western civilization.
                                WEIR: And you didn't invite me?
                                SHEPPARD: You like football?
                                WEIR: No not really.
                                (Hide and Seek)

33. CALDWELL: You two are pretty close, aren't you?
                                [Weir stops and turns back around, arms crossed.]
                                WEIR: Well, we've been through a lot together. Yes.

(Conversion)
                                34. ATLANTIS. CONTROL ROOM. Radek has joined Elizabeth at the balcony door. After a moment, a static-filled radio message can be heard.

SHEPPARD (over radio): Elizabeth ... I repeat ... This is Sheppard. What is your status?

ZELENKA: The explosions must have disrupted radio signals.

WEIR (into radio): Well, we're still here. That's our status.

(John sighs in relief.)

SHEPPARD: Don't scare me like that!

WEIR: Sorry. What about the Wraith fleet?
                                (Siege, Pt. III)
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X