• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking in - still alive.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Hi everyone
    I have some questions for you.
    Perhaps you have already answered these questions before or you will not find them interesting, but I want to try to know you better.
    Are you fallen in love with sparky from the first episode or it came after? (what episode and why)
    If you have to keep just ONE episode of SGA, What episode and why?
    Welcome Probie and all our other newbies! It's great to have you with us.

I fell in love with Sparky before I even watched the show. I saw them in a fanvid (I think it was one that used both them and Sam/Jack). Needless to say, their chemistry pulled me right in.

As far as episodes, I've expanded a bit on your question.

Favorite Sparky ep: The Eye. This was an indication of how much Elizabeth means to John. You don't go this crazy if the person is just a friend. Obviously his feelings run much deeper. Plus this is one of the best eps period.

Favorite Elizabeth ep: Before I Sleep. My friends know I'm slightly obsessed with this one. It shows just how far she will go to do what's right. And there's some nice Sparky on the side. How many others have received birthday gifts from John?

Favorite John ep: Common Ground. I think it's a great ep that shows how strong John is plus Koyla's got a good part in it (as opposed to other eps). Plus Sparky shows once again they can make the hard decisions.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I agree, it's just opinion and not worth wasting your time with. Everyone can make an argument about something, we believe what we believe and they believe what they believe. Whose rationalization is right? I think that's completely dependent on interpretation of evidence, which is, after all, still interpretation, even for us.
    I'm not sure what sparked (heh) all this, but I'm sorry someone was upset. Believe me, I've been there. But as SR and Eri have said, it's really not worth it. Do I believe we should be able to discuss it? Sure. But it ain't happening, at least not here. But there's always PM or LJ. My motto is let it out, let your friends help you feel better, and move on. Life's too short.

Love you guys!
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
      And the final draft...
      //snippie snippie//
      *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
      OMG, that was so sweet! See, yours is so much better!!
      Thank you for this. It totally made my day!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Will you forgive me this much self pimping?

Vegas with Sparky in mind.
      Self-pimping is fully forgiven
      This has got to be one of my fav Vegas-based fics out there, so I don't mind reading it more than once

Sig by me

Comment

for me sparky didn't really hit me until after elizabeth weir told John Sheppard to leave her on asuras and i remember adrift hit me hard to see Sheppard being that emotional ur not that emotional if ur just friends. that whole scene just hit me as saying "he loves her, he would die for her, he would do anything for her." sure i saw the strom/eye, the siege 3 hug part, and conversion and the long goodbye i was sure that they were going to make the two leaders of atlantis a couple but i wasn't sure. but yeah for me its gotta be season 4 and in the ghost in the machine in season 5 that definitely sealed it for me.

Comment

I was thinking about this when i read Joe Mallozzi's Blog. He was saying that a character's fate will be changed drastically for me i hope its sheppard cause frankly all of the other characters have a sort of happily ever after. i mean i saw this in Ghost in the machine. Nobody asked John how he was or anything. i mean sure there was the one scene in this mortal coil between john and rodney but teyla or ronan probably don't even know what elizabeth meant to john. Sorry i had to rant. John Needs either elizabeth back or someone he can definitely be with. and i wish they would bring michelle morgan or if they kiss her ass pretty well maybe even torri higginson for a movie.
          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 27 April 2009, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Ok my muse is nibbling but hasn't got a target... any other missing scenes.. epilogues.. prologues or plot bunnies you want to throw my way???

Comment

Scarry Kitty : I know it's hard to choose an episode. Maybe we could combine all the Sparky moments into one(the hug, the kiss,…)

Yunadax: “Echoes” is really great. I love the scenes between Rodney, Sheppard and Weir. There are also nice moments between Teyla and Ronon

Regularamanda: you missed nothing by not watching season 4 and 5. Season 4 is the biggest mistake of the Stargate franchise. The stories are weak. This is only my opinion but shh I can not speak here. I do not want to attract moderators here. lol

Irish eyes: interesting that you were a Sparky fan without even having seen the episodes. “Before I sleep” is really a good episode for Weir.

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard: Precisely with Adrift and Lifeline I saw that I was a shipper without realizing it. I did not understand why Sheppard was also sad. Now after reviewing the episodes, I understand better.

thank you everybody. I probably have more questions to ask later. It's fun to see that most of you have become sparky from season 3
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                Ok my muse is nibbling but hasn't got a target... any other missing scenes.. epilogues.. prologues or plot bunnies you want to throw my way???
                *thinks hard*
                Well, I always had this scene in my head, set after GitM where McKay walks in on John who's standing on the balcony and John's too late to hide his tears. McKay tries to console him, blaming himself for everything that happened to Elizabeth and at the same time promising that they'll never give up on getting her back home.
                Dunno if you'd be interested in writing something like that....

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Hi everyone
                  I have some questions for you.
                  Perhaps you have already answered these questions before or you will not find them interesting, but I want to try to know you better.
                  Are you fallen in love with sparky from the first episode or it came after? (what episode and why)
                  If you have to keep just ONE episode of SGA, What episode and why?
                  I also missed this question! Most know my story, but I didn't get into SGA until the Summer before Season 4 (2007). I needed something to watch that was fluffy fun and I didn't have to wait for. So I starting watching reruns of SGA.

I immediately liked Elizabeth, and John too, but I wasn't interested in shipping ANYTHING. I watched Sunday and First Strike first (talk about the downer eppies!) and even in those kinda liked the dynamic between Shep and Weir. I caught a few Season 2 episodes in syndication (including The Long Goodbye, which seemed to me more of a J/T episode) and then caught Season 1 on Universal HD.

With that came 38 Minutes, and then the episodes that converted me--The Storm and The Eye. When I watched TS, I thought 'wouldn't it be kinda cool if Kolya threatened Weir'--I had NO idea he was going to bluff her death. Sheppard freaking out about it--from the end of TS to the start of TE to the part where he finds out she's alive, to rescuing her at the end--all of it was phenomenal. At that point I wandered in here, wondering if I should ship (especially after I'd learned Elizabeth's character was being cut down), met all these nice people, and ended up being a Sparky fan.

If I had to choose one episode, it would be "The Eye", because of all the reasons I mentioned above, PLUS it is just a great episode. If I could choose a close second, "The Real World" because that canonizes Sparky for me. The depth of connection in that episode is over-the-top fantastic.

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                  Hey all! I'm relatively new to Gateworld in general, but I wanted to post something that I thought you might all like to hear.

I first got into Stargate as a series starting with SGA. I was on another webpage (I forget what it was now...), but there was a banner for "Stargate Atlantis" at the top of the page. So, when I clicked on it, I remember being brought to some page with promotional pics of SGA.

More importantly, one of the first pics I saw was one of John and Elizabeth standing together. Now, it may sound sort of dumb, but I found it interesting that these two were in a pic by themselves, and I immediately jumped to the conclusion that they probably had some sort of close relationship in this show (i.e. close friends, romantic, etc...)

Now, I'm not much of a shipper, but part of what draws me to shows is the relationships and interactions between characters. Seeing the picture, I decided to investigate SGA in general, as I had always been a big fan of sci-fi. The rest, as they say, is history .

As I actually watched SGA, I began to sort-of root for John and Elizabeth, as I always enjoyed their interactions and banter . Furthermore, they ended up being two of my favorite characters throughout the series, and I was extremely sad when Torri Higginson ended up leaving the show.

Anyways, long post short, John and Elizabeth are essentially the reason I first decided to give Stargate a try. Now, years later, I have all but seasons 7 and 8 of SG1 to watch, and I'm an avid Stargate fan!

Just thought you guys might to hear this .
                  We love hearing it! Come visit more!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  for me sparky didn't really hit me until after elizabeth weir told John Sheppard to leave her on asuras and i remember adrift hit me hard to see Sheppard being that emotional ur not that emotional if ur just friends. that whole scene just hit me as saying "he loves her, he would die for her, he would do anything for her." sure i saw the strom/eye, the siege 3 hug part, and conversion and the long goodbye i was sure that they were going to make the two leaders of atlantis a couple but i wasn't sure. but yeah for me its gotta be season 4 and in the ghost in the machine in season 5 that definitely sealed it for me.
                  That's a great perspective. I also think that S4 and S5 gave us a good scenario, in retrospect, for Sparky, because of the loss (and Joe Flanigan's Sheppard portrayal). I would have much preferred her to be in all those episodes, of course, but we could have come out a lot worse.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning Sparkies. It is indeed a very interesting morning. First of all, I want to welcome any new Sparky fans that I may have missed. You will love it here if you love Sparky. We certainly have gained in membership lately.

And not only that, but I notice we have an increased number of observers on the thread. Come on out of lurkdom and join us. You must be here because you see something special in this ship so why not add your wisdom to the thread. Since so many of our earlier members have regrouped on LJ and elsewhere, GW has become more of a second home for Sparky. But you won't find a more positive, intelligent and logical group anywhere than right here. *end of commercial*

In fact, new members make it seem like Sparky is starting all over again right back to The Rising where it first appeared.

Oh, and another thing I was turning over in my brain. How Sparky was handled in S5 in canon.
                    Spoiler:
                    GitM seemed to be the one episode that brought in the most new fans. Sad because it was the last Sparky ep, but better late than never. It's amusing that so many non-shippers saw the deep feelings John had for her at the end but not earlier. Thanks for nothing, writers. LOL

But I think our ending was not as disappointing as it might have been. We could have been faced with her having to watch John end up with someone else. There was talk of bringing the ex-wife back and that would have been very upsetting to say the least.
                    So, really, we got our canon ship. John is alone for the foreseeable future. And there's always the possibility of a rescue in a future movie. And all that matters about this ship is what we think.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Before I do anything else, I'm gonna pimp a new fic! Wooo hooo, finally done!

First there was Lullaby exercises, then there was Practice makes perfect. And now the sequel, Working on a dream

I hope you'll enjoy it!
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon!Day!

Speaking of which...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Oh, and another thing I was turning over in my brain. How Sparky was handled in S5 in canon.
                        Spoiler:
                        GitM seemed to be the one episode that brought in the most new fans. Sad because it was the last Sparky ep, but better late than never. It's amusing that so many non-shippers saw the deep feelings John had for her at the end but not earlier. Thanks for nothing, writers. LOL

But I think our ending was not as disappointing as it might have been. We could have been faced with her having to watch John end up with someone else. There was talk of bringing the ex-wife back and that would have been very upsetting to say the least.
                        So, really, we got our canon ship. John is alone for the foreseeable future. And there's always the possibility of a rescue in a future movie. And all that matters about this ship is what we think.
                        *snickers*

Spoiler:
                        It's been months since GitM aired, and I am still giggling over the fact that so many non-shippers have stepped onto the Sparky train because of that one episode. The irony has been a deliciously cracktastic feast.

We've got our maybe-not-totally-happy-but-still-hopeful ending. I'd say we're definitely in the win column.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Before I do anything else, I'm gonna pimp a new fic! Wooo hooo, finally done!

First there was Lullaby exercises, then there was Practice makes perfect. And now the sequel, Working on a dream

I hope you'll enjoy it!
                          *flails* It's done! *runs to read!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            Checking in - still alive.
                            Heya there! Been wondering where you've been! Don't be a stranger!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            Favorite Elizabeth ep: Before I Sleep. My friends know I'm slightly obsessed with this one. It shows just how far she will go to do what's right. And there's some nice Sparky on the side. How many others have received birthday gifts from John?
                            And for how many others would John go to the trouble of hacking the computers (or whatever the heck he did) to find out the closely guarded secret of when Elizabeth's birthday was? He's so smitten.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              *thinks hard*
                              Well, I always had this scene in my head, set after GitM where McKay walks in on John who's standing on the balcony and John's too late to hide his tears. McKay tries to console him, blaming himself for everything that happened to Elizabeth and at the same time promising that they'll never give up on getting her back home.
                              Dunno if you'd be interested in writing something like that....
                              And since McKay's just as awkward about emotions, they'd totally be dancing around a lot of issues, and yet they'd totally understand what each other was saying. They're so brothers, damnit. *pets John and Rodney*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon!Day!

Speaking of which...

*snickers*

Spoiler:
                                It's been months since GitM aired, and I am still giggling over the fact that so many non-shippers have stepped onto the Sparky train because of that one episode. The irony has been a deliciously cracktastic feast.

We've got our maybe-not-totally-happy-but-still-hopeful ending. I'd say we're definitely in the win column.
                                Not bad for a frozen popsicle. Proves that Sparky is eternal.

Hello again to our faithful observers. Come on, join in! You wouldn't be here if you didn't think Sparky is the canon ship. So tell us why you believe that to be true. *taps foot* We all love Sparky in here.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X