Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Hello Sparkies - I'm back!! Temporarily at least. There is no chance of me catching up - there have been 125 pages since my last post. I just popped in to say that I missed you all, and hope to be back soon
    gateraid! *huggles* Welcome back, we've missed you!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I was just thinking about you. Welcome back. We need some captions badly.
      Yes, we do need some captions! The zanier, the better!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

and you start going on about how wrong they are, and then they come in here and read it and they have to express their opinions about how wrong you are and all we have is an endless perpetration of a fandom war that does nothing but divide people and continue an air and atmosphere of hostility.

The opinions of any that don't like shep/weir are not wrong. They don't like the ship. And they're entitled to not like the ship. Just like you are entitled to like what you like.

The central GW tenet is to 'find something you like and enjoy it'. It isn't 'prove how much more right my opinion is than others'

Other people don't like being talked about behind their backs any more than you do. So leave them alone just as you'd ike to be let alone.

So, please, focus on your joy and don't worry about others.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, they have the right to talk about it. But so do we. All we ask is that you let us do so in peace without coming on here and interfering with it. We're not going onto the anti-Sparky thread to shout at them, we're just discussing it here amongst ourselves. We're not bashing them, we're just saying, 'we think that's wrong, and here's why.' And again, as per GW's policy, we are supposed to be able to do that.

Discussing our ship (both the good and bad) is part of our joy. Please don't spoil our fun.

Comment

As requested

Spoiler:

feeling somewhat left out during the briefing, John includes a picture of his own weapon of mass destruction

E: John, we have to go, Rodney is waiting
            J: I'll be right there. I don't think it's a good idea to stand up at the moment
            Last edited by gateraid; 24 August 2009, 11:54 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

As requested

Spoiler:
              [ATTACH]8345[/ATTACH]
              feeling somewhat left out during the briefing, John includes a picture of his own weapon of mass destruction

[ATTACH]8346[/ATTACH]
              J: I'll be right there, I just need a minute to relax
              *dies laughing*

'Weapon of mass destruction?' Did John actually label it that way? Oh, he's got such an ego, the proud puppy!

Comment

Do not pull posts from other threads into here. That IS most definitely against the rules.

this is your thread to appreciate and discuss the ship you enjoy. it is NOT the thread to diminish the opinions of others.

Any further discussion on this needs to go to PM.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm... Anyone got an idea for another Sparky themed Top 100 list?

Comment

As requested

Spoiler:
                    [ATTACH]8345[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]8346[/ATTACH]
                    J: I'll be right there. I don't think it's a good idea to stand up at the moment
                    I knew I could count on you.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I really want to shoot someone right now.

Damnit, where did I put my copy of Unreal Tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        I knew I could count on you.
                        And on that note (I'm not sure if it's a high or a low) I have to leave. I'm not sure when I'll be back. Take care of yourselves
                        sigpic

Comment

Hah!

Now there's a question!

We saw Rodney and John going at it with an Ancient "game" that really wasn't in the episode "The Game."

What computer/console games do you think John would play? Or Lizzie (okay, besides Solitaire!)? Be as crazy as you want.

Comment

And on that note (I'm not sure if it's a high or a low) I have to leave. I'm not sure when I'll be back. Take care of yourselves
                            Awww! *huggles* Take care of yourself, and come back when you can! Come hell or high water, the lights will be on, and there will be an open seat for you.

Comment

Gah, this thinking about games characters play reminded me of a fic that I read in which John either played Frogger or was debating the merits of Frogger versus Donkey Kong or some other old school arcade game. Anyone know what fic that might have been?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                I really want to shoot someone right now.

Damnit, where did I put my copy of Unreal Tournament?
                                Okay look. I usually avoid that anti thread like the plague but I went investigating. You guys should not be upset. It's just rationalization and they are saying what they want to believe actually happened. Let them at it. Stay away from them and stay sane. It's not worth the aggravation.

However, it does seem interesting that any little hint of negativity on here gets modded yet that thread is openly advocating a certain ship and nothing is ever done. But you know, life isn't fair; it's just fairer than death.

Now take this face for example. He looks like he's lost somebody he cares about to me. You'd have to really be prejudiced not to see that.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X