Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thunderstorms are not allowing me to sleep. Hey ZA, we finally got that rain. I'm not going to complain when the South got hammered by it. Very scary.

Yay!! Do you have any plans?

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! I haven't had smores in forever.
    My friend in Bonnet Shores posted some pictures of localized flooding. IDA has just been a b*tch to everyone in her path. Hope you are okay.

Im heading back to Anacortes in Washington State next week to visit some state parks I missed the last time and visit an island in the San Juan’s I haven’t been to yet. I’ve been to San Juan island twice (as a walk on for the ferry, no vehicle), so I’m visiting Orcas Island so I can hike Mt. Constitution- if healing injuries permit, and I’m hella nervous about driving the car on the ferry. My mind knows tons of cars do that every day, but my gut says I’m asking for trouble, lol.

Also, now I want s’mores too FH. A fun size Hershey bar will have to suffice.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, we are having a lot more delays and cancellations on some sailings due to lack of crew, though we've managed to luck out so far and not been on any affected sailings (yet). Are you going on any of the routes that have reservations? If you've got a reservation and your sailing is cancelled, they give priority to reservation holders before the standby line on the next available sailing. Driving onto a ferry is easy; I was a little nervous the first time, and it was fine. The newer ferries are a little bigger, wider lanes so you've got more wiggle room. PM me if you've got any more questions.

Seconding this! S'mores are AWESOME!!!!!
    I’ve booked round trip reservations from Anacortes, and both have buffers time wise so that is good to know how they prioritize those that get bumped! Feeling better now. Thank you for that, I will PM if I have any more questions.

Comment

Thanks to Ida we're getting a great summer weekend this week!!

My hammock will be out and about again.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
        Im heading back to Anacortes in Washington State next week to visit some state parks I missed the last time and visit an island in the San Juan’s I haven’t been to yet. I’ve been to San Juan island twice (as a walk on for the ferry, no vehicle), so I’m visiting Orcas Island so I can hike Mt. Constitution- if healing injuries permit, and I’m hella nervous about driving the car on the ferry. My mind knows tons of cars do that every day, but my gut says I’m asking for trouble, lol.
        No worries if it turns out you're not up to hiking Mt. Constitution--you can drive up to the top. Pack a lunch, snag a picnic table, enjoy the view.

I’ve booked round trip reservations from Anacortes, and both have buffers time wise so that is good to know how they prioritize those that get bumped! Feeling better now. Thank you for that, I will PM if I have any more questions.
        Good, sounds like you've got everything covered! And yes, buffer time is essential, especially if you're going to be sailing on a weekend.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Have fun, ZA!! Sounds like a good time.

I've got about 40 minutes until my work day ends and my weekend of cat-sitting begins. If I can get the cats' pictures I'll post them on Instagram.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

No worries if it turns out you're not up to hiking Mt. Constitution--you can drive up to the top. Pack a lunch, snag a picnic table, enjoy the view.

Good, sounds like you've got everything covered! And yes, buffer time is essential, especially if you're going to be sailing on a weekend.
            Yay! I’d enjoy the hike, but really wanted to sit a bit with those views. A picnic is a great idea. And I’ve free day/night before my flight out that I may just spend in Woodinville. I can almost taste the Chateau Ste Michelle.

I haven’t been thinking much about the trip because I didn’t know what would happen with Covid or if Mother Nature would serve up something else would get in the way, but I’m getting excited now. I’m taking a Covid test tomorrow and I’ve still been masking up even though no mandates here, it just makes sense to me to do so. I also want to travel responsibly and don’t want to transport any nasty germs with me, so fingers crossed.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Yay! I’d enjoy the hike, but really wanted to sit a bit with those views. A picnic is a great idea. And I’ve free day/night before my flight out that I may just spend in Woodinville. I can almost taste the Chateau Ste Michelle.
              Aaahhhh, wine....

I haven’t been thinking much about the trip because I didn’t know what would happen with Covid or if Mother Nature would serve up something else would get in the way, but I’m getting excited now. I’m taking a Covid test tomorrow and I’ve still been masking up even though no mandates here, it just makes sense to me to do so. I also want to travel responsibly and don’t want to transport any nasty germs with me, so fingers crossed.
              Welp, the forecast out here shows partly cloudy most of the week with slight possibilities of showers. So pretty good on the weather front. As for the rest... *crosses fingers*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY! Good luck to everyone's teams!
                Our home opener was Thursday, so my Saturday is stress free, lol. Good luck to all your teams.

I am cleaning the kitchen in preparation for my new to me oven a friend is bringing over tomorrow. I’m terrified to see the ick under and behind the stove, so after dinner, I’m yanking it out so I’m not mortified when he brings it over.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And... welcome to the first College Football Roundup of the season! On Thursday, Tennessee beat Bowling Green 38-6; on Friday, Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 17-10; and on Saturday, USC beat San Jose State 30-7, Rhode Island beat Bryant 45-21, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force beat Lafayette 35-14, and Navy fell to Marshall 49-7. On to Week 2!

I am cleaning the kitchen in preparation for my new to me oven a friend is bringing over tomorrow. I’m terrified to see the ick under and behind the stove, so after dinner, I’m yanking it out so I’m not mortified when he brings it over.
                  Oh dear...

Comment

Scores like 30-7 is that like loosing 6-0 in soccer? Genuinely considered as having been steamrolled by the opposite team.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Scores like 30-7 is that like loosing 6-0 in soccer? Genuinely considered as having been steamrolled by the opposite team.
                      Pretty much, yeah. Of course, I remember my freshman year we had a home game against Cal (UC Berkeley)... we beat them 61-0. That was a good day.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah. Of course, I remember my freshman year we had a home game against Cal (UC Berkeley)... we beat them 61-0. That was a good day.
                        Did the other team even play that game?

Comment

I’m sure it varies by program, but our home opener is meant to be a steamroller to start the season on a good note, especially this year as we have a new coach. We play a non-conference team, so it essentially is like our team playing a good high school team. I heard UT paid them 1.5 mil to show up to essentially endure humiliation. I pretty much find it horrifying. It may also be one of our very few wins this season.

Comment

Hello!! I survived my cat sitting. I got a nice picture of one of the cats but the other one is so timid and shy. I only got him to properly eat his breakfast 1 out of 3 days. Crazy cat! His brother, on the other hand, can not eat enough. Hence the social cat is like twice as big as the timid one. Yet the timid one knocks his brother around all the time. It's like the bigger cat doesn't get that he's bigger. Or maybe he's just a lover, not a fighter.

My friend is coming to visit on Wednesday. We plan to look at lighthouses on that day, and go sailing on Friday. Thursday is supposed to be raining and thunderstorms so I don't know what we'll do.

Comment

I’m sure it varies by program, but our home opener is meant to be a steamroller to start the season on a good note, especially this year as we have a new coach. We play a non-conference team, so it essentially is like our team playing a good high school team. I heard UT paid them 1.5 mil to show up to essentially endure humiliation. I pretty much find it horrifying. It may also be one of our very few wins this season.

Oh well, it's all good fun, I guess.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

LOL, the next year, one of the student clubs on campus printed out t-shirts for the game that were a riff on the old Grey Poupon mustard tagline "pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"; the shirts had a pic of the team pulling up in a limo and saying, "Pardon me, do you plan on scoring this year?" They actually did and kept it pretty close, but we still beat them.

Yeah, I expect that was the idea with us playing San Jose State.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Hello!! I survived my cat sitting. I got a nice picture of one of the cats but the other one is so timid and shy. I only got him to properly eat his breakfast 1 out of 3 days. Crazy cat! His brother, on the other hand, can not eat enough. Hence the social cat is like twice as big as the timid one. Yet the timid one knocks his brother around all the time. It's like the bigger cat doesn't get that he's bigger. Or maybe he's just a lover, not a fighter.

My friend is coming to visit on Wednesday. We plan to look at lighthouses on that day, and go sailing on Friday. Thursday is supposed to be raining and thunderstorms so I don't know what we'll do.
                                Hah! Crazy kitties!

Ooooh, sounds like you've got a fun week ahead! Hopefully Thursday isn't as stormy as the forecast says.

Comment

Working...
                                X