Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    where it literally says to stay on the path because unexploded ordinances may still be around and can still kill today

Can't wait to see the pictures you took!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

And zomg, I didn't even post anything yesterday! Too occupied with writing fic.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      We're actually going to Day of the Dead events this weekend.
      Sounds awesome, hope you have fun!

Speaking of fun, Falcon Horus, your trip sounds so amazing! Definitely looking forward to seeing pics later!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A squirrel at the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery completed my joy of the day... today was a quiet day as we were on our way back home so this morning was spend at the cemetery, and then onwards to the other fort we had a combo-ticket for. It was less damp and dark than Douomont, and less chilly but again it held the burial of several dozens of soldiers behind the wall of the chapel... which is creepy as hell -- just saying.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          A squirrel at the Meuse-Argonne American Cemetery completed my joy of the day... today was a quiet day as we were on our way back home so this morning was spend at the cemetery, and then onwards to the other fort we had a combo-ticket for. It was less damp and dark than Douomont, and less chilly but again it held the burial of several dozens of soldiers behind the wall of the chapel... which is creepy as hell -- just saying.
          That is creepy. But fitting for this time of year.

And now for something completely different...This week's College Football Roundup! It was a mostly good week as USC beat Arizona 45-37, Tennessee stomped Kentucky 44-6, Rhode Island fell to William & Mary 31-30, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy beat Temple 27-20, and Air Force had a bye. On to next week!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Family dinner today is to celebrate me and my sister's birthdays. I requested macaroni and cheese, and chocolate cake.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Rhode Island fell to William & Mary 31-30
            Ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Family dinner today is to celebrate me and my sister's birthdays. I requested macaroni and cheese, and chocolate cake.
              You & your sister twins/ or just good planning by your parents?
              n6yCoHQ.gif to both of you.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Oh no, sorry. I should have been clearer. My sister's birthday was mid-October. Mine is Tuesday. We just celebrated them together with the family tonight. (And seeing she's a) adopted, and b) 15 years older than me - we are certainly not twins)

Thanks for the birthday wishes, though!!

I got some nice Amazon gift cards, so now I get to pick something fun to buy!
                Last edited by JT-2; 30 October 2022, 06:07 PM.

Comment

You do not have to be sorry. My grand daughter & I usually get to celebrate our family birthday party together.
                  She is 23 this year & has her 'friends' party without family.
                  My Birthday is December 6, hers is the 11th. Obviously we are not twins
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    You do not have to be sorry. My grand daughter & I usually get to celebrate our family birthday party together.
                    She is 23 this year & has her 'friends' party without family.
                    My Birthday is December 6, hers is the 11th. Obviously we are not twins

I will enjoy my birthday, but I have decided not to age any more. *nods*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Excellent! There must always be chocolate cake. Happy Early Birthday and I hope dinner went well!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JT-2! Hope you're having a great day!

Comment

In honor of JT's birthday, we got a day off! So thank you and happy birthday!!

It's All Saint's Day... which traditionally means we clean the graves of our deceased family members and put nice flowers on their tombstones. My dad and my aunt both had -- separately -- similar ideas and even similar flowers used. They discovered this fact when they had dropped off their pieces at my mom's tombstone. Something small with lots of white and light-green flowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to JT-2! Hope you're having a great day!
                            Thank you!! It was a pretty good one. I wanted to go to the beach but it was drizzling rain outside, so instead I took a drive to enjoy some fall foliage. Then I went out with a friend for margaritas and Mexican food. And I'm finishing up the day with some SGA (The Long Goodbye, now I'm on Return 1) and some more chocolate cake!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            In honor of JT's birthday, we got a day off! So thank you and happy birthday!!
                            You're welcome . And thanks.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                            It's All Saint's Day... which traditionally means we clean the graves of our deceased family members and put nice flowers on their tombstones. My dad and my aunt both had -- separately -- similar ideas and even similar flowers used. They discovered this fact when they had dropped off their pieces at my mom's tombstone. Something small with lots of white and light-green flowers.
                            That sounds very nice. Only thing we used to do for All Saint's Day was go to Mass at church as it is a holy day of obligation. It's a Catholic thing. I used to tell my Catholic school classmates that we went to church to celebrate my birth cause I was obviously a saint. They never bought it.

Comment

Happy Birthday JT2!

Just wrapped a term (A!) and have a one week break, whohoo. I can’t believe TN football this season, we are ranked Home in one of the polls!, but I think the Georgia game is going to hurt.

Speaking of hurting, my friends tried to kill me with a a$$kicker of a hike last weekend. 3 miles straight up for 3k elevation gain. Oh..,and the hike this weekend is six miles straight up, but we might see the llamas on the trail. Mt. LeConte has a hike in only rustic resort and llamas are the only way they can get in the supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                                Speaking of hurting, my friends tried to kill me with a a$$kicker of a hike last weekend. 3 miles straight up for 3k elevation gain. Oh..,and the hike this weekend is six miles straight up, but we might see the llamas on the trail. Mt. LeConte has a hike in only rustic resort and llamas are the only way they can get in the supplies.
                                Reminds me last week when my best friend and I stood on a crossroad looking for a green arrow (were walking a short WWI-related trail) but we couldn't find the green arrow so we had to guess but it was either going down a steep hill, which we would have to clamber back up to were we mistaken, or turn a corner and stay on the same level we were at.

My best friend knew that the German war cemetery was somewhere at the bottom of that same hill and she was relatively "sure" we had to go that way... so down hill we went. The trail was covered in leaves so I couldn't see what sort of ground was hidden underneath, so I slipped on some rocks a few times.

But then, at the bottom we still couldn't find a green arrow, realized we made an error in judgement and had to clamber back up that same steep hill. Visited the cemetery first and then hiked back up.

I have to say I was surprised my heartrate didn't cross the 100 bpm treshold at all, yet it was freakishly steep. I even managed to be not even out of breath... my best friend on the other hand had to take a beat or two to regain her normal rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                                X