Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Time lag means I haven't watched a single sport... Only saw the opening ceremony.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Time lag means I haven't watched a single sport... Only saw the opening ceremony.
      I still haven't watched the opening ceremony. I have it on the DVR but haven't gotten to it yet. Was it worthwhile?

      Comment


        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I still haven't watched the opening ceremony. I have it on the DVR but haven't gotten to it yet. Was it worthwhile?
        It can't compete with London 2012 but if there's one bit you have to watch, it's the one with the 1800 drones creating the globe in the sky. That brought epic geek tears to my eyes.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          The Olympics are so weird. You find yourself watching sports that you would never, ever watch in normal times. I just watched fencing and now I'm watching bicycling. Oh, and I watched a little bit of water polo yesterday. That is a weird @ss sport. It's kinda like hockey, kinda like basketball... just in water. Weird.
          Makes me wonder what Atlantian Olympic games would have looked like if they had ever done something fun to mark the games happening on Earth. I can imagine Teyla and Ronon giving them all the “Earth traditions are weird” looks only for both to go on to become the most fierce competitors while judging the others for not taking it serious enough. Hmmm. Story potential. I can see Elizabeth smiling indulgently on the sidelines until John drags her into a table tennis match where she efficiently takes him down. That would be so fun and satisfying . Oh the things my brain likes to do instead of working, lol.

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

            Haven't watched any of the Olympics at all yet. I'll tune in for track and field, that's my sport.

            Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
            Makes me wonder what Atlantian Olympic games would have looked like if they had ever done something fun to mark the games happening on Earth. I can imagine Teyla and Ronon giving them all the “Earth traditions are weird” looks only for both to go on to become the most fierce competitors while judging the others for not taking it serious enough. Hmmm. Story potential. I can see Elizabeth smiling indulgently on the sidelines until John drags her into a table tennis match where she efficiently takes him down. That would be so fun and satisfying . Oh the things my brain likes to do instead of working, lol.
            I can totally see this happening! And all the while John is complaining that puddlejumper racing isn't an Olympic sport.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I can totally see this happening! And all the while John is complaining that puddlejumper racing isn't an Olympic sport.
              Not even with obstacles?

              Or flying figures in the sky?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Not even with obstacles?

                Or flying figures in the sky?
                Exactly! If they can go for skateboarding, why not puddlejumping, LOL!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  I've now gone 4 days of work without my computer systems running properly. I am ready to throw the computer out the window. Or shoot someone. Whichever comes first.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I've now gone 4 days of work without my computer systems running properly. I am ready to throw the computer out the window. Or shoot someone. Whichever comes first.
                    I decided to let my computer download the newest windows update friday afternoon. Good thing I had to go online on saturday to put something on the server, cause the new updates had to be installed and it took well over 30 minutes to do so. I was supposed to drop the files around 5pm... I was obviously late.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Gateworld is back up!!!

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                      I decided to let my computer download the newest windows update friday afternoon. Good thing I had to go online on saturday to put something on the server, cause the new updates had to be installed and it took well over 30 minutes to do so. I was supposed to drop the files around 5pm... I was obviously late.
                      Ugh!! Downloading a windows update can take forever! Sorry you were late.


                      At work they finally decided to just give me a whole new system this afternoon. Thank the gods/goddesses/The Force! Now I will spend the next few days working frantically to try to catch up.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Gateworld is back up!!!



                        Ugh!! Downloading a windows update can take forever! Sorry you were late.


                        At work they finally decided to just give me a whole new system this afternoon. Thank the gods/goddesses/The Force! Now I will spend the next few days working frantically to try to catch up.
                        So sorry, but glad they provided working system finally.

                        Comment


                          Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Gateworld is back up!!!
                          We're baaaack! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

                          And ouch, looks like GW wasn't the only one having technical difficulties this week. Glad you all are back up and running!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

                            So sorry, but glad they provided working system finally.
                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                            And ouch, looks like GW wasn't the only one having technical difficulties this week. Glad you all are back up and running!
                            There are a few little glitches in the new system but they *should* be easy to fix when I start tomorrow. Note the "should".

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              There are a few little glitches in the new system but they *should* be easy to fix when I start tomorrow. Note the "should".
                              Hmm, hopefully this doesn't turn into a "famous last words" situation, am I right?
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Short night, long workday and I'm dead in the couch.

                                I should be packing for vacation -- leaving tomorrow afternoon for a 1,5h drive to arrive at my vacation spot, the very exotic, very wet and no sunshine Ardennes.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
                                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X