Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I ordered some stuff from DoorDash and the delivery guy wreaked of so much cigarette smoke that the food was all gross. I'm thinking of reporting him but I hate to feel like a mean person.
    Report him -- that's not sanitary.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all having a Happy Canon Monday!

      We had a power outage here in the islands this morning/afternoon. Fortunately, it was just a tree in the line rather than something on the mainland, so at least they got it fixed in time to have a hot dinner.

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I ordered some stuff from DoorDash and the delivery guy wreaked of so much cigarette smoke that the food was all gross. I'm thinking of reporting him but I hate to feel like a mean person.
      Ewww! Report him. I'd say it's a health and safety issue; think if someone with asthma or other respiratory issues got a delivery from this guy.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Ok, you guys are right. I just left a bad review and put in the comments that the cigarette smoke was overwhelming. Goodness, I can still smell it. I have a headache. I've become completely unaccustomed to cigarette smoke.

        SK - so glad your power outage didn't last too long!! Have you thought about getting a generator? I am always thinking about it, but it's a lot of money.

        Comment


          We have solarpanels up on our roof. Thinking about getting a battery to integrate in the system so that we can partially self-sustain our electricity.

          At the moment we still have a conventional counter which, as it goes, rotates backwards instead of forward. We basically use less electricity from the net when the sun is about. It's hilarious when we have to report how much we've used and you can hear the people on the other side of the line sigh and go "meter rotates backward, I assume".

          The government has phased it out so we'll get a digital counter instead which also means that we won't have anywhere to go with the electricity we don't use, so a battery is good way to keep it useful.

          Though at the moment, there's no solarpanel activity cause they're covered in a layer of snow, about 10 cm thick.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Ok, you guys are right. I just left a bad review and put in the comments that the cigarette smoke was overwhelming. Goodness, I can still smell it. I have a headache. I've become completely unaccustomed to cigarette smoke.

            SK - so glad your power outage didn't last too long!! Have you thought about getting a generator? I am always thinking about it, but it's a lot of money.
            Yeah, we are actually getting a generator; when we built the house, we got the electrical panel set up with the switch and everything for a whole house generator, and we've got the conduit run out to where we're going to install it near the propane tank that'll fuel it. It's pricey, but given how many outages we seem to get out here every year, being able to keep the basics running (kitchen, heat pump, water heater, lights, and TV) is worth it. At this point, we're just waiting on more stock of our model to arrive and for an opening in our electrician's schedule.

            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            We have solarpanels up on our roof. Thinking about getting a battery to integrate in the system so that we can partially self-sustain our electricity.

            At the moment we still have a conventional counter which, as it goes, rotates backwards instead of forward. We basically use less electricity from the net when the sun is about. It's hilarious when we have to report how much we've used and you can hear the people on the other side of the line sigh and go "meter rotates backward, I assume".

            The government has phased it out so we'll get a digital counter instead which also means that we won't have anywhere to go with the electricity we don't use, so a battery is good way to keep it useful.

            Though at the moment, there's no solarpanel activity cause they're covered in a layer of snow, about 10 cm thick.
            *cackles* I've heard about meters running backwards, that's hilarious!

            And...it just started snowing here.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              *cackles* I've heard about meters running backwards, that's hilarious!
              First few days in the house, I would stand in front of it, and count down the numbers... I was properly entertained.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                First few days in the house, I would stand in front of it, and count down the numbers... I was properly entertained.
                Gotta love it!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                  And...the snow continues...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    It's freezing below zero... so no melting of the snow just yet, which I like.
                    But goddammit, it's freaking cold outside.

                    We won't be up on the plus side until after the weekend when it's back to rain. Bleh!
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      It's freezing below zero... so no melting of the snow just yet, which I like.
                      But goddammit, it's freaking cold outside.

                      We won't be up on the plus side until after the weekend when it's back to rain. Bleh!
                      Yeah, it's pretty much the same here. Freezing temps, slowly starting to tick back up, but won't really get up to something reasonable until the rain shows up. Go figure!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        The bins were frozen shut -- that was interesting.

                        Anywho... how's everyone?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          The bins were frozen shut -- that was interesting.

                          Anywho... how's everyone?
                          Snow has been coming down since about 10pm last night (it's now 9am), and is forecast to fall through 6pm. Total whiteout past the trees; we can't see across the sound to the east side, nor north towards the village. We're supposed to get about 3 inches. Time for cocoa!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Woohoo!! More snow!

                            We are going back to rain but I have enjoyed our snow-week immensily. The weather gods have redeemed themselves.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Woohoo!! More snow!

                              We are going back to rain but I have enjoyed our snow-week immensily. The weather gods have redeemed themselves.
                              LOL! Yeah, we've got more snow falling right now, supposed to start shifting to rain in an hour or so as the temperature continues to rise. It's been fun while it lasted!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                                Snow is finally melting, LOL.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X