Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    The very fact that you're counting and comparing means you ARE making a competition out of it.
    Damn it, you're right.

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hmm, maybe it's a new chapter of the Office Saga in progress.
    That's stuck on my work laptop. Must rescue it when I get home. Need to open my laptop anyway to get the company discount for a 365 days subscription to the Planckendael Zoo, which is located about 15 minutes from where I live.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Oh dear. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I would be terrible for a jury - I assume everyone is guilty.
      Definitely a bad thing for them--I was a theatre major and also got a minor in political science. Which means I can see through the crocodile tears and I know the law. The one time I actually made it all the way to the box, the lawyers were falling all over themselves to get me out ASAP.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          Hey guys.

          It’s been years since I have been on here! I have been so busy but I have been binging the show and fanfic again and just thought about all of you on this thread.

          So this is just a hi to anyone who was here back then and is still here now.
          sigpic

          Comment


            I am tired and bruised but the old sofa and chair are out and the new sectional in! Also had the gutters replaced and foundation shored up this week. Next up- new gas fireplace install. Getting ready for all the fall hygge. Adulting is tres, tres expensive.

            Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
            Hey guys.

            It’s been years since I have been on here! I have been so busy but I have been binging the show and fanfic again and just thought about all of you on this thread.

            So this is just a hi to anyone who was here back then and is still here now.
            Hi! I don’t think our paths have crossed on this forum, but glad you stopped back by. I’ve been watching SGA on lunch breaks lately, but only my favorites.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

              Damn it, you're right.
              I've generally found that to be the case.


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty
              Definitely a bad thing for them--I was a theatre major and also got a minor in political science. Which means I can see through the crocodile tears and I know the law. The one time I actually made it all the way to the box, the lawyers were falling all over themselves to get me out ASAP.
              That's hilarious!! Yes, I can see why they wouldn't want you on there.


              Originally posted by Annelantis
              Hey guys.

              It’s been years since I have been on here! I have been so busy but I have been binging the show and fanfic again and just thought about all of you on this thread.

              So this is just a hi to anyone who was here back then and is still here now.
              Hello! I don't think we've ever met but I recognize your name from my time lurking the older pages of the thread. Nice to meet you!!


              Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
              I am tired and bruised but the old sofa and chair are out and the new sectional in! Also had the gutters replaced and foundation shored up this week. Next up- new gas fireplace install. Getting ready for all the fall hygge. Adulting is tres, tres expensive.
              Congrats on all your new stuff. But boooo to the expense of adulting. It is, indeed, expensive.


              Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
              Hi! I don’t think our paths have crossed on this forum, but glad you stopped back by. I’ve been watching SGA on lunch breaks lately, but only my favorites.
              I'm currently watching season 2 right now. Just finished Intruder. Awful Simon and his awful Simon hair. Do you think he slept with Elizabeth before dropping the "I met someone" on her? Awful Simon. Good riddance.

              Comment


                Hi JT2 and Zandra’s Ashes!!!

                I think we haven’t spoken but I have read your fics over the years so I feel like I know you already.

                sigpic

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                  Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                  Hey guys.

                  It’s been years since I have been on here! I have been so busy but I have been binging the show and fanfic again and just thought about all of you on this thread.

                  So this is just a hi to anyone who was here back then and is still here now.
                  Heya, welcome back!

                  Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                  I am tired and bruised but the old sofa and chair are out and the new sectional in! Also had the gutters replaced and foundation shored up this week. Next up- new gas fireplace install. Getting ready for all the fall hygge. Adulting is tres, tres expensive.
                  Yay for new sectional and fireplace! But yeah, adulting is expensive. Ugh, why must it all be so difficult?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                    Hi JT2 and Zandra’s Ashes!!!

                    I think we haven’t spoken but I have read your fics over the years so I feel like I know you already.
                    Oof, that’s scares me, lol. Every time I reread one of my fics I cringe at punctuation mistakes and, depending on the fic, the drama in my younger self.

                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!



                    Yay for new sectional and fireplace! But yeah, adulting is expensive. Ugh, why must it all be so difficult?
                    Right? I’ve been saving for years knowing these projects were coming, but still sad to see the impact on my savings. Next up, save for new HVAC and how my existing one has a few years left. Crosses fingers.

                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

                    Congrats on all your new stuff. But boooo to the expense of adulting. It is, indeed, expensive.


                    I'm currently watching season 2 right now. Just finished Intruder. Awful Simon and his awful Simon hair. Do you think he slept with Elizabeth before dropping the "I met someone" on her? Awful Simon. Good riddance.
                    OMG, I just watched that this week and thought the same. Very cowardly and sleazy.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                      Hey guys.

                      It’s been years since I have been on here! I have been so busy but I have been binging the show and fanfic again and just thought about all of you on this thread.

                      So this is just a hi to anyone who was here back then and is still here now.
                      Considering I've been a permanent fixture of this place -- the forum, I mean -- since 2004, I'm sure our paths have crossed before.

                      Welcome back!

                      @JT-2 The final tally is at 4 - 3. I upped my score by hitting it twice entering -- same elbow both times.

                      Back home and our orange tabby has been glued to our bodies since we set foot in the house. The other one needed 3 tries before he was comfortable enough for a cuddle.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
                      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

                        Oof, that’s scares me, lol. Every time I reread one of my fics I cringe at punctuation mistakes and, depending on the fic, the drama in my younger self.
                        Ha! Don’t be so silly. I read The Storm Rages On Within this week and it still stands up. Love that one.

                        As for Simon, it just never sat well with me. Garwin Sandford who played him was a pretty pivotal character in SG1 first and so I found it a bit jarring. I was just glad that it ended pretty quickly. I watched Conversion last night and even though John kisses Teyla, there is so much between he and Elizabeth that it makes it worth the watch.

                        Hi SK and FH. Nice to see you are both still here!

                        Anne

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          Oof, that’s scares me, lol. Every time I reread one of my fics I cringe at punctuation mistakes and, depending on the fic, the drama in my younger self.
                          Same here. I sometimes wonder what the heck I was thinking, LOL.

                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          Right? I’ve been saving for years knowing these projects were coming, but still sad to see the impact on my savings. Next up, save for new HVAC and how my existing one has a few years left. Crosses fingers.
                          Eeep! *crosses fingers too*

                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          OMG, I just watched that this week and thought the same. Very cowardly and sleazy.
                          Ugh. Simon was such a horror show, Elizabeth was well rid of him.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            I’ve hit a wall (I am the big tired)and am officially on strike from all home improvement endeavors. For today. Although technically I’m the boss so I might have some mental sorting out to do. Clearly rest is in order. I am ready with coffee, snuggly blankie and ownership of the remote. I must admit to get that remote, I resorted to adding a second tv to the living room. Yep. Am that person or we are that household. I don’t even care anymore. I can watch what I want and teen can game. Now what to watch? Hmmm.

                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post



                            Back home and our orange tabby has been glued to our bodies since we set foot in the house. The other one needed 3 tries before he was comfortable enough for a cuddle.
                            Aww, furbabies are so happy you are home!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                              Aww, furbabies are so happy you are home!
                              Which also means that earlier today my sister had to leave her warm bath a moment to call Faro (our little lion) to her because I had the audicity to go outside to fight the weeds and leave him alone. When she finally caught up with me she told me he literally meowed so loud that it seemed he had no voice left after a while.

                              So after that I had to make sure he could see me at all times to avoid a second "abandonment issues" serenade.

                              Both are currently curled up next to me... well, Faro is curled up. Finn is stretched to his full length. Good thing there's a lot of space left for me in my own kingsize bed.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                                Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                                I’ve hit a wall (I am the big tired)and am officially on strike from all home improvement endeavors. For today. Although technically I’m the boss so I might have some mental sorting out to do. Clearly rest is in order. I am ready with coffee, snuggly blankie and ownership of the remote. I must admit to get that remote, I resorted to adding a second tv to the living room. Yep. Am that person or we are that household. I don’t even care anymore. I can watch what I want and teen can game. Now what to watch? Hmmm.
                                Two TVs, I love it! Hopefully you've got the bigger one.

                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Which also means that earlier today my sister had to leave her warm bath a moment to call Faro (our little lion) to her because I had the audicity to go outside to fight the weeds and leave him alone. When she finally caught up with me she told me he literally meowed so loud that it seemed he had no voice left after a while.

                                So after that I had to make sure he could see me at all times to avoid a second "abandonment issues" serenade.

                                Both are currently curled up next to me... well, Faro is curled up. Finn is stretched to his full length. Good thing there's a lot of space left for me in my own kingsize bed.
                                Awww! The kitties just want to play with their human snugglebuddies!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X