Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Time lag means I haven't watched a single sport... Only saw the opening ceremony.
    I still haven't watched the opening ceremony. I have it on the DVR but haven't gotten to it yet. Was it worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I still haven't watched the opening ceremony. I have it on the DVR but haven't gotten to it yet. Was it worthwhile?
      It can't compete with London 2012 but if there's one bit you have to watch, it's the one with the 1800 drones creating the globe in the sky. That brought epic geek tears to my eyes.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Olympics are so weird. You find yourself watching sports that you would never, ever watch in normal times. I just watched fencing and now I'm watching bicycling. Oh, and I watched a little bit of water polo yesterday. That is a weird @ss sport. It's kinda like hockey, kinda like basketball... just in water. Weird.
        Makes me wonder what Atlantian Olympic games would have looked like if they had ever done something fun to mark the games happening on Earth. I can imagine Teyla and Ronon giving them all the “Earth traditions are weird” looks only for both to go on to become the most fierce competitors while judging the others for not taking it serious enough. Hmmm. Story potential. I can see Elizabeth smiling indulgently on the sidelines until John drags her into a table tennis match where she efficiently takes him down. That would be so fun and satisfying . Oh the things my brain likes to do instead of working, lol.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Haven't watched any of the Olympics at all yet. I'll tune in for track and field, that's my sport.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
          Makes me wonder what Atlantian Olympic games would have looked like if they had ever done something fun to mark the games happening on Earth. I can imagine Teyla and Ronon giving them all the “Earth traditions are weird” looks only for both to go on to become the most fierce competitors while judging the others for not taking it serious enough. Hmmm. Story potential. I can see Elizabeth smiling indulgently on the sidelines until John drags her into a table tennis match where she efficiently takes him down. That would be so fun and satisfying . Oh the things my brain likes to do instead of working, lol.
          I can totally see this happening! And all the while John is complaining that puddlejumper racing isn't an Olympic sport.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            I can totally see this happening! And all the while John is complaining that puddlejumper racing isn't an Olympic sport.
            Not even with obstacles?

Or flying figures in the sky?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Not even with obstacles?

Or flying figures in the sky?
              Exactly! If they can go for skateboarding, why not puddlejumping, LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've now gone 4 days of work without my computer systems running properly. I am ready to throw the computer out the window. Or shoot someone. Whichever comes first.

Comment

I've now gone 4 days of work without my computer systems running properly. I am ready to throw the computer out the window. Or shoot someone. Whichever comes first.
                  I decided to let my computer download the newest windows update friday afternoon. Good thing I had to go online on saturday to put something on the server, cause the new updates had to be installed and it took well over 30 minutes to do so. I was supposed to drop the files around 5pm... I was obviously late.

Comment

Gateworld is back up!!!

I decided to let my computer download the newest windows update friday afternoon. Good thing I had to go online on saturday to put something on the server, cause the new updates had to be installed and it took well over 30 minutes to do so. I was supposed to drop the files around 5pm... I was obviously late.
                    Ugh!! Downloading a windows update can take forever! Sorry you were late.

At work they finally decided to just give me a whole new system this afternoon. Thank the gods/goddesses/The Force! Now I will spend the next few days working frantically to try to catch up.

Comment

Gateworld is back up!!!

Ugh!! Downloading a windows update can take forever! Sorry you were late.

At work they finally decided to just give me a whole new system this afternoon. Thank the gods/goddesses/The Force! Now I will spend the next few days working frantically to try to catch up.
                      So sorry, but glad they provided working system finally.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Gateworld is back up!!!
                        We're baaaack! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

And ouch, looks like GW wasn't the only one having technical difficulties this week. Glad you all are back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

So sorry, but glad they provided working system finally.
                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                          And ouch, looks like GW wasn't the only one having technical difficulties this week. Glad you all are back up and running!
                          There are a few little glitches in the new system but they *should* be easy to fix when I start tomorrow. Note the "should".

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

There are a few little glitches in the new system but they *should* be easy to fix when I start tomorrow. Note the "should".
                            Hmm, hopefully this doesn't turn into a "famous last words" situation, am I right?

Comment

Short night, long workday and I'm dead in the couch.

I should be packing for vacation -- leaving tomorrow afternoon for a 1,5h drive to arrive at my vacation spot, the very exotic, very wet and no sunshine Ardennes.

Comment

FH - get packing, young lady! And have fun on your vacation!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Hmm, hopefully this doesn't turn into a "famous last words" situation, am I right?
                                Unfortunately, you are right.

One problem was easy for them to fix. The other... not so much. It's still not working. One step forward, one step back. It's my own fault for jinxing myself.

I was just out to dinner with my older sister and some of her friends. They make me feel like I'm young again. They are so computer illiterate. We went to Applebees and there was a promo to get free tickets to that movie with The Rock that is coming out.. Jungle Cruise or something (I'm not a fan of The Rock - which they all gaped at me for... sorry he's too muscle-y... anyway.....). You had to take a picture of your receipt then go to a website and then email the tickets to the other people and print them out. You'd think they'd been asked to perform brain surgery. Finally I just snapped and was like "I'll just do it for you all!"
                                Last edited by JT-2; 30 July 2021, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X