Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

No kids in my neighborhood that qualify yet... but the neighbor's cat, Dina, is regularly yelled at to stop digging out our plants. Does that count?
    Oh that definitely counts!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Does chocolate in Belgium taste different than in the US? I know that chocolate (can't remember the brand - Cadbury I think) from England tastes different because they use a different sugar than we do. A friend of mine came back with a huge bar of it for me when she went to England. It was yum.
      I don't know how to do multi-quote on this new system, so I'll just reply to you. Yes, chocolate in Belgium, France and Germany is like a whole new food to us Americans. Leonidas is the Belgium brand that is quite famous and when you taste it, you'll know why. The German chocolate brand Lindt is also excellent and even though you can buy it here, it's so much better over there. Maybe because of the freshness. People have all sorts of opinions about which is better and on and on. It also depends on your taste for how sweet you like things. Did you drink Coke in Mexico? Remember how sweet it was. But it sure was good. I think when we did our last tour, we must have spent 200 Euros on chocolate. It was a sickness. If that sounds like a lot, it's not, it's also very expensive.

Oh, and FH, yes that is what getting old feels like.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

I don't know how to do multi-quote on this new system, so I'll just reply to you. Yes, chocolate in Belgium, France and Germany is like a whole new food to us Americans. Leonidas is the Belgium brand that is quite famous and when you taste it, you'll know why. The German chocolate brand Lindt is also excellent and even though you can buy it here, it's so much better over there. Maybe because of the freshness. People have all sorts of opinions about which is better and on and on. It also depends on your taste for how sweet you like things. Did you drink Coke in Mexico? Remember how sweet it was. But it sure was good. I think when we did our last tour, we must have spent 200 Euros on chocolate. It was a sickness. If that sounds like a lot, it's not, it's also very expensive.

Oh, and FH, yes that is what getting old feels like.
        Yes, I remember Coke in Mexico being extremely sweet. But good. It was like how sweet tea in the Southern USA tastes to a Yankee like me.

Now I need to get myself to Europe so I can experience their chocolate.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And yes, SK, I'm supposed to be reducing my sugar as well for health reasons and it's insane how much is in everything. (Note the wording - "supposed to be" hehehehe)
          LOL!

Dark chocolate is healthy!

Mmm... 80% dark chocolate... or better yet... 97% dark chocolate.... one tiny piece and you're in chocolate walhalla!
          Yup! I love dark chocolate. That stuff's like catnip for me.

Mexican Coke. Still made the real way, with cane sugar rather than corn syrup.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Mexican Coke. Still made the real way, with cane sugar rather than corn syrup.
            The real way would involve actual cocaine...

I'm watching The Pegasus Project during my lunch break. It is so ripe for fanfic. I mean, John and Vala in the same place??

Comment

Yes, I remember Coke in Mexico being extremely sweet. But good. It was like how sweet tea in the Southern USA tastes to a Yankee like me.

Now I need to get myself to Europe so I can experience their chocolate.
              Funny you should mention sweet tea. I've lost the taste for it. Now it just makes my teeth hurt. Don't tell my Southern friends and family. A lot of cooks in the South add sugar to just about everything including soup and vegetables but adding it to cornbread is a sin. Maybe that has something to do with the high rate of diabetes in the South. *shrugs*

I know it's been a while since a twin update, so I'll leave a tidbit. They are in the process of potty training. The results are mixed depending on the day. One day Thing 1 is all for it and Thing 2 wants nothing to do with his new undies, and then the next day the reverse is true. The last time we were over there Thing 1 was thrilled with his Lightning McQueen undies and kept taking them off, then trying to stand on one foot and put them back on. Thing 2 when asked if he wanted to wear his cute new underwear, cried and shouted "No, I don't want to wear my cute new underwear." So it may take time. And I won't mention what happened on the playroom rug.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The real way would involve actual cocaine...
                LOL, true that!

I'm watching The Pegasus Project during my lunch break. It is so ripe for fanfic. I mean, John and Vala in the same place??
                *cackles* IKR? It should've been a two-parter.

Funny you should mention sweet tea. I've lost the taste for it. Now it just makes my teeth hurt. Don't tell my Southern friends and family. A lot of cooks in the South add sugar to just about everything including soup and vegetables but adding it to cornbread is a sin. Maybe that has something to do with the high rate of diabetes in the South. *shrugs*
                *shudders* Yeah, I'll take my tea with milk.

I know it's been a while since a twin update, so I'll leave a tidbit. They are in the process of potty training. The results are mixed depending on the day. One day Thing 1 is all for it and Thing 2 wants nothing to do with his new undies, and then the next day the reverse is true. The last time we were over there Thing 1 was thrilled with his Lightning McQueen undies and kept taking them off, then trying to stand on one foot and put them back on. Thing 2 when asked if he wanted to wear his cute new underwear, cried and shouted "No, I don't want to wear my cute new underwear." So it may take time. And I won't mention what happened on the playroom rug.
                Oh dear...
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I won't report you! But yes, it makes me teeth hurt as well. I like some sugar in my tea, but not to that degree.

What fun (she says as she doesn't have to clean any of it).

Yeah, might take some time.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  *cackles* IKR? It should've been a two-parter.

Comment

Mmmm. After catching up, I now want chocolate and cornbread while watching the Pegasus Project. Or maybe chocolate gravy and biscuits like grannie used to make. Note to self- no more skipping lunch!

SR- loved the twin update! I heard ruggable throw rugs are washable and good for pets and kids, lol.

Comment

Hey FH, is your shoulder feeling better?

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                      Mmmm. After catching up, I now want chocolate and cornbread while watching the Pegasus Project. Or maybe chocolate gravy and biscuits like grannie used to make. Note to self- no more skipping lunch!
                      Chocolate gravy and biscuits????

Comment

Yes... and probably no in a few hours from now... I got my 2nd Pfizer shot just an hour ago.

Had some fun too. Walked into the great hall and one of the volunteers directing me to the desks (where they scan our ID's) asks me if I'm older than 16. Mind you, I am currently wearing blue shorts, a T-shirt and my rainbow all-stars and I don't look like an average 40-year old.

I'm grinning behind my facemask: "yup, I'm older than 16... for a while now even..."

...Thing 1 was thrilled with his Lightning McQueen undies and kept taking them off...
                        Now I'm jealous... why do kids always get the best undies-designs.

I'm not gonna lie but when our luggage got left behind in Belgium while we flew to the UK 2 years ago, I bought Buzz Lightyear and Supergirl undies... cause they are much cooler than just black or any plain color.

Anywho... potty training sounds like interesting times.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

SR- loved the twin update! I heard ruggable throw rugs are washable and good for pets and kids, lol.
                          Love ruggables, I have one in my kitchen.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Now I'm jealous... why do kids always get the best undies-designs.

I'm not gonna lie but when our luggage got left behind in Belgium while we flew to the UK 2 years ago, I bought Buzz Lightyear and Supergirl undies... cause they are much cooler than just black or any plain color.
                            Yeah, why is that? Adulting sucks, we have to pay the bills, and what do we get in return? No fun undie designs.

Comment

Yes... and probably no in a few hours from now... I got my 2nd Pfizer shot just an hour ago.

Had some fun too. Walked into the great hall and one of the volunteers directing me to the desks (where they scan our ID's) asks me if I'm older than 16. Mind you, I am currently wearing blue shorts, a T-shirt and my rainbow all-stars and I don't look like an average 40-year old.

I'm grinning behind my facemask: "yup, I'm older than 16... for a while now even..."
                              Yay for vaccination!!! I hope you don't have any ill side effects.

And don't you love it when people think you're younger? I remember the last time I got carded. I was around 36 and I was out with a friend in her 50s. My friend got so pissed that they carded me and not her (it wasn't the first time it had happened).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              Yeah, why is that? Adulting sucks, we have to pay the bills, and what do we get in return? No fun undie designs.
                              And forget it if you're plus-size like I am. Never mind fun underwear. It's practically impossible to even get pretty underwear (unless you want to spend a small fortune).

Comment

Yay for vaccination!!! I hope you don't have any ill side effects.
                                For the moment, I seem to be doing okay... It's been 12 hours since the shot and I'm feeling a little tired and the muscles in my arm hurt from my elbow, all the way up to my neck. I know exactly where that particular muscle starts and ends at the moment.

I probably won't be able to lift my arm in the morning -- good thing that's not entirely necessary.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X