Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yay for vaccination!!! I hope you don't have any ill side effects.
    For the moment, I seem to be doing okay... It's been 12 hours since the shot and I'm feeling a little tired and the muscles in my arm hurt from my elbow, all the way up to my neck. I know exactly where that particular muscle starts and ends at the moment.

I probably won't be able to lift my arm in the morning -- good thing that's not entirely necessary.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Addendum to how I feel:

Headache came on around 2am so I took a painkiller, and then I slept like crap. Warm, cold, hot, icecold, warm again, cold, sweaty, cold, ... and so on and so forth.

I feel a bit... fuzzy... like there's a cottonball stuffed in my brain.
      My arm muscle is still a little painful but nothing more than the feeling I get after a first training of ropeskipping.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Addendum to how I feel:

Headache came on around 2am so I took a painkiller, and then I slept like crap. Warm, cold, hot, icecold, warm again, cold, sweaty, cold, ... and so on and so forth.

My arm muscle is still a little painful but nothing more than the feeling I get after a first training of ropeskipping.
        Hmm, I had a kind of mild case of that after my first shot, but not after the second one. Weird how we all have these different reactions.

But hey, you got your shots! Two more weeks and you're across the finish line!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Finally the weekend is here!! For the last 2 days at work, my computer systems haven't been functioning properly. It makes for some slow days.

Anyway, right now I'm watching The Real World and remembering back to when I watched it with my mom, who hadn't seen any Stargate before. Her one comment was to ask if John was Elizabeth's boyfriend. Oh mom, I got my shipping tendencies from you.

Although we disagreed on John/Aeryn from Farscape. We both loved the series, but my mom wasn't a big Aeryn fan. Ben Browder though.... she was a sucker for a pair of pretty blue eyes. (my dad had gorgeous blue eyes... the closest I can think of in comparison is like Anderson Cooper's eyes)

Addendum to how I feel:

Yeah, that's how I was after my second shot. It only lasted a day, so hopefully you're over it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hmm, I had a kind of mild case of that after my first shot, but not after the second one. Weird how we all have these different reactions.
            Cleared up after lunch... 24h after the shot and all was well again.

Okay, the muscle is still protesting a bit but that's to be expected.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            But hey, you got your shots! Two more weeks and you're across the finish line!
            The countdown has started.

Comment

Hey FH, is your shoulder feeling better?

Chocolate gravy and biscuits????
              It’s weirdly delightful. Kind of like hot pudding over biscuits- which does not sound good to my brain, but is taste buds approved. Never heard of it until I moved to TN when I was young and got a southern step-grannie.

Comment

Good news!!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                It’s weirdly delightful. Kind of like hot pudding over biscuits- which does not sound good to my brain, but is taste buds approved. Never heard of it until I moved to TN when I was young and got a southern step-grannie.
                I'll take your word for it. (Hot pudding... eeew)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yeah, it took a couple of days both times for the muscle soreness to go away. But it did.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

(Hot pudding... eeew)
                    When we were kids and mum made pudding -- chocolate or vanilla -- and then poured it into cups, what was left in the pot, we would lick out with our fingers. Still warm and soooooo good.

Comment

Finally the weekend is here!! For the last 2 days at work, my computer systems haven't been functioning properly. It makes for some slow days.

Anyway, right now I'm watching The Real World and remembering back to when I watched it with my mom, who hadn't seen any Stargate before. Her one comment was to ask if John was Elizabeth's boyfriend. Oh mom, I got my shipping tendencies from you.

Although we disagreed on John/Aeryn from Farscape. We both loved the series, but my mom wasn't a big Aeryn fan. Ben Browder though.... she was a sucker for a pair of pretty blue eyes. (my dad had gorgeous blue eyes... the closest I can think of in comparison is like Anderson Cooper's eyes).
                      Laughing as I’m thinking of a Farscape scene from Cracker’s Don’t matter. Crichton said “I have GREAT eyes, they’re better than 20/20 and they’re blue”. I showed that scene to my kiddo once and she still remembers and quotes it. We both refer to him as blue eyed guy. (Also I thought Aeryn was an amazing character. I kind of get mad when I rewatch because I’m like, she is begging Crichton to leave her alone and he stays in her face about it. That wouldnt fly in the real world today, but they are still one of my very top TV couples).

Hope the IT issues get resolved soon!

Last edited by Zandras.ashes; July 24, 2021, 12:01 PM. Reason: Forgot to rant about Aeryn, lol

Comment

When we were kids and mum made pudding -- chocolate or vanilla -- and then poured it into cups, what was left in the pot, we would lick out with our fingers. Still warm and soooooo good.
                        I'm sorry, but I'll stick with eeeew.

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                        Laughing as I’m thinking of a Farscape scene from Cracker’s Don’t matter. Crichton said “I have GREAT eyes, they’re better than 20/20 and they’re blue”. I showed that scene to my kiddo once and she still remembers and quotes it. We both refer to him as blue eyed guy. (Also I thought Aeryn was an amazing character. I kind of get mad when I rewatch because I’m like, she is begging Crichton to leave her alone and he stays in her face about it. That wouldnt fly in the real world today, but they are still one of my very top TV couples).

Hope the IT issues get resolved soon!
                        That's too funny about your kid and the blue eyes quote! Yes, Aeryn was definitely an amazing character and John/Aeryn is one of my top ships also. (One of my few ships to get a happy ending). My mom was older and not really with the tough-girl types. She preferred Gilina, the blonde from season 1.

Comment

I have the best dreams after I’ve been on the water at night. My subconscious treated me to a lovely SGA dream that has my fingers itching for a keyboard either to write or cue up some episodes to rewatch.

I'm sorry, but I'll stick with eeeew.

That's too funny about your kid and the blue eyes quote! Yes, Aeryn was definitely an amazing character and John/Aeryn is one of my top ships also. (One of my few ships to get a happy ending). My mom was older and not really with the tough-girl types. She preferred Gilina, the blonde from season 1.
                          Gilina was adorable, but she was so good/nice I had problems identifying with her (lol) but will admit she would have been a much better match for that version of Crichton. But then he grew up quickly out there.

I think the hot chocolate pudding concept has to be introduced during childhood. I’d feel the same as you if I’d only heard about it today.

Forgot to add- I’ve shown my kiddo what I call crazy highlights from favorite shows/movies. She knows McKay as the hungry guy who ran screaming through the forest shooting a gun in the air. She remembers Sheppard as the guy sorry for shooting everybody. She really likes the muttering Russian in Armageddon that curses and beats random things with his wrench. The most random one is Jim Carrey in Liar Liar- the this pen is blue scene.
                          Last edited by Zandras.ashes; July 25, 2021, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                            I have the best dreams after I’ve been on the water at night. My subconscious treated me to a lovely SGA dream that has my fingers itching for a keyboard either to write or cue up some episodes to rewatch.
                            Write iiiiit!!!

Gilina was adorable, but she was so good/nice I had problems identifying with her (lol) but will admit she would have been a much better match for that version of Crichton. But then he grew up quickly out there.
                            I am totally with you on that point!!

I think the hot chocolate pudding concept has to be introduced during childhood. I’d feel the same as you if I’d only heard about it today.

Forgot to add- I’ve shown my kiddo what I call crazy highlights from favorite shows/movies. She knows McKay as the hungry guy who ran screaming through the forest shooting a gun in the air. She remembers Sheppard as the guy sorry for shooting everybody. She really likes the muttering Russian in Armageddon that curses and beats random things with his wrench. The most random one is Jim Carrey in Liar Liar- the this pen is blue scene.
                            That's hilarious!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I'm with JT-2; wrriiiiiittte iiiiiittttttt!!!!!!

LMAO!

Comment

The Olympics are so weird. You find yourself watching sports that you would never, ever watch in normal times. I just watched fencing and now I'm watching bicycling. Oh, and I watched a little bit of water polo yesterday. That is a weird @ss sport. It's kinda like hockey, kinda like basketball... just in water. Weird.

Comment

Working...
                                X