No announcement yet.

Carson Beckett/Paul McGillion Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watcher, I love that last photo! What a good sport Paul is.

Comment

5 episodes, and Keller is might be a regular? How does that happen?! looks like Ill watch 5 episodes of S5 for Beckett, and only post in this thread, because honestly I feel the "fan-ness" for stargate fading with this news. I just don't like the "new atlantis" as much as I did the old one.
      BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

We got our Carson back! Even though it is only for 5 episodes, it shouldn't discourage anyone. If anything it should encourange us to fight harder. We can still fight our way to getting Paul back as a regular. So those of us involved in the SCB campaign need to step it up. Get the word out there ladies. Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight. Paul's got his foot back in the door at SGA and he needs us now more than ever!

Rachel (veryangrystargatefan)

This is me sitting on the Stargate Blanket I made. Stargate #1.

Please spread the love. Help a fellow GWer. Click this thread link! http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33123

Comment

Joe M. said in his blog that Jewel WOULD be a regular.

But Jewel certainly didn't replace Paul, now did she? I mean...let's see....he was CMO and now she's CMO. He was a regular and now she is a regular.

Oh yeah. Paul was shoved out to shove Jewel in.

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
            Joe M. said in his blog that Jewel WOULD be a regular.

But Jewel certainly didn't replace Paul, now did she? I mean...let's see....he was CMO and now she's CMO. He was a regular and now she is a regular.

Oh yeah. Paul was shoved out to shove Jewel in.
            hehehe...i love you.
            Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

It stinks that he got five episodes. I could look on the bright side and say "Hey, 5 is better than none". I am wondering about what happens to Beckett at the end of "The Kindred Part 2". If he does go back to Atlantis, why only 5 episodes for season 5. My guess he was have more seniority than Keller unless he moves to a different area of study on the base. But that still wouldn't answer why 5 episodes. I was wonder if he stays behind on another world and comes back to help next Atlantis season.

Comment

I'm debating continuing even to bother watching the show anymore. I've had it with the mind games and hope crushing

*huggles Beckett and his thunkers*

Comment

I will still continue to watch and support the show even though some of these changes don't sound the greatest. I have been a loyal fan for the past couple years and I'm not going to quit now. I didn't start watching the show because of Carson, I started watching it because I liked the show as a whole. My love for Carson came later as I became familiar with his character. Even without him this show still means a lot to me.

However, I will continue to keep up the fight to have Carson back a regular, you can count on me for that.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

I posted this in the SCB thread, but I'll post it here as well:

I know most of us are disappointed, bitter, angry, etc etc. Its OK to feel like that. Some are happy that we made it this far, thats great too. Its normal to have a wide range of feelings on this. Its been a long, hard, up and down year.

I'm thrilled we've made it this far. While I don't think TPTB had any real "back door" to bring Carson back, lets say for arguments sake they did. And no one cared. Would we have then gotten these 5 episodes? No. And for a TV show, with many intricate working parts and millions of things that go on behind the scenes, we all should be INCREDIBLY proud for what we've all done. I know I am. So I encourage everyone of you to try and see the good, no matter how pissed off we all are that he's not a regular and worst of all, we get Staite for a whole 'nother year.

I encourage all of you to continue writing letters. Support Carson and Paul and certainly thank them for bring him back. You may not want to, and thats fine to feel that way, but they did give us SOMETHING, which most TV shows wouldn't give to fans. Whatever you all do, stay classy and above the belt. We have made it this far and we are now crossing the finish line and wrapping up the race. Lets not stumble and fall. Lets bow out gracefully and with the amazing reputation we have in tact and spotless. And again, remember all the amazing things we accomplished - the media and press, the MGM merchandise, raising funds, the DVD special feature, etc. None of that is anything to scoff at.

Behold, the power of fans!!!

sigpic
                    www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                    Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                      I will still continue to watch and support the show even though some of these changes don't sound the greatest. I have been a loyal fan for the past couple years and I'm not going to quit now. I didn't start watching the show because of Carson, I started watching it because I liked the show as a whole. My love for Carson came later as I became familiar with his character. Even without him this show still means a lot to me.

However, I will continue to keep up the fight to have Carson back a regular, you can count on me for that.
                      I agree with you there. I loved the movie and been a fan since the beginning. There been a few season of SG1 that I missed and started watching Atlantis in the second season. I still watch it next season no matter what. I saw in another thread that there is hope that maybe he might be more cause they haven't written the second part of the season. I will join the fight to have Carson back as a regular.

Comment

I've cooled down and am thinking rationally again

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                        I agree with you there. I loved the movie and been a fan since the beginning. There been a few season of SG1 that I missed and started watching Atlantis in the second season. I still watch it next season no matter what. I saw in another thread that there is hope that maybe he might be more cause they haven't written the second part of the season. I will join the fight to have Carson back as a regular.
                        Really? So for its 5 episodes for the first half? That makes it a bit better. Changes or no changes maybe having Carson back will make it all worth it
                        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Jenner, you are amazing. And you are very right, the SCB campaign has accomplished something great, we've won our battles and we have Carson back!! That baffles me beyond words that the campaign has been successful. And hey, I figure that if it's been able to get Carson back as recurring character there is no reason why it can't get him back as a full cast member

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                            I've cooled down and am thinking rationally again

Really? So for its 5 episodes for the first half? That makes it a bit better. Changes or no changes maybe having Carson back will make it all worth it
                            I don't know for sure. I saw someone post that they hoping that maybe the writers would changer their mind and maybe will we see him more at the end. Who knows, maybe the writers are saying 5 episodes to see what the fan will do or say?

Jenner- That was a beautiful post. It is true 100% and we don't need to lose hope.

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                              I don't know for sure. I saw someone post that they hoping that maybe the writers would changer their mind and maybe will we see him more at the end. Who knows, maybe the writers are saying 5 episodes to see what the fan will do or say?

Jenner- That was a beautiful post. It is true 100% and we don't need to lose hope.
                              That's an interesting thought, though I wouldn't put much weight in it.

Another way to look at it, is that as of this release he is CONFIRMED for five episodes only, and with the second half of the season still in the works he could very well still be included in more episodes later on as the writers cement down the season.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

I feel exactly the same way. I fell in love with Carson because I started watching the show because it appealed to me first. Without him I have enjoyed most of this season and with him (in Kindered & s5), I know I'll enjoy episodes even more. I'll always support both the show and Carson ... And yes, everyone involved with SCB have been exemplary.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                                "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Working...
                                X