• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Oda* View Post
    I have a question
    OT
    Spoiler:

Ok, this is actually a really stupid question, but I see no other way. We (my friends and I) are going to America in April to a competition Design/Build/Fly in Wichita. Anyway, this is not the point here...I was wondering, since we're all eager students and this will be one time opportunity to buy aviation books in english in a cheap way, do any of you have ANY idea where to get them? I mean, sure there are bookstores, but I was wondering, if there is any aviation bookstores? (ok, that sounds riddiculus)
    What I mean is: are bookstores all for general books, so almost each has a few books about aviation or airplanes? Or are wu suppose to look for a specific bookstore? Because I've been searching on the web and I only found e-bookstores.
    And, if anyone has any idea of a large bookstore in any of the following cities, I'd really appreciated if he/she would let me know:
    Wichita, Denver, Miami, Orlando, Washington, New York and Boston.
    Really, I could use any help from you guys, because I'm completely confused, and I think I also managed to confuse you, too.

Pic spam to bribe you guys

We have big nationwide chain retail stores like Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, etc. that sell just about any book you can want or need. If that's what you are wanting to know?
    Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
      We have big nationwide chain retail stores like Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, etc. that sell just about any book you can want or need. If that's what you are wanting to know?
      And you can find these stores in almost any city?
      I think this is it, thanks leighanners. I'll search on the web for more info about these chain stores. *hugs*
      "What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

I think this is it, thanks leighanners. I'll search on the web for more info about these chain stores. *hugs*
        Also, if you are looking for books that are more technically specific, you might have to find the book on say, Border's website and then have it sent to a store in a town you'll be visiting for in-store pickup. The more "textbook-like" the book, the less likely they'll carry it in a regular store. OOORRR depending on how long you'll be here, you can just go to the store, look up a book you need on their computers and ask them if you can order it in person. I think it takes a week or so? maybe two? don't quote me on that Hope you have fun here!!!
        sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS on your 1000th post, phibi!!

I love the photo - the look on your friend's face just to the left of Paul (and the direction of her gaze) is absolutely priceless!

Comment

There's also border's and walden's book bookstores. I'm sure in a major citiy you could ask around to find a hole-in-the-wall bookstore. In NYC I'm sure there's an achitectural school around that you might get books from the neighborhood.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

Originally posted by TJinLOCA View Post
              CONGRATS on your 1000th post, phibi!!

I love the photo - the look on your friend's face just to the left of Paul (and the direction of her gaze) is absolutely priceless!
              and she'll hate me for posting it *lol*

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
              Visit me at my LJ

Comment

You can find Barnes and Noble bookstores EVERYWHERE. I know for a fact that there are three in Colorado Springs I have no idea how many are in Denver, but there is for sure one in the Park Meadows mall area. Oh, and the best part about Barnes and Noble is that they have Starbucks, I loooooove to go to one of those stores, get me a caramel frappuccino, find a book on an interesting subject, tuck myself away in a comfy chair, and just get lost.

Oh... and the pic spam bribery was lovely *melts*

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by ashely86 View Post
                  Also, if you are looking for books that are more technically specific, you might have to find the book on say, Border's website and then have it sent to a store in a town you'll be visiting for in-store pickup. The more "textbook-like" the book, the less likely they'll carry it in a regular store. OOORRR depending on how long you'll be here, you can just go to the store, look up a book you need on their computers and ask them if you can order it in person. I think it takes a week or so? maybe two? don't quote me on that Hope you have fun here!!!
                  No, I won't be in USA for that long. And we'll be moving round a lot, so I can't order a book adn wait for it, since we'll be only staying for a few days in each city.

Originally posted by Renenutet View Post
                  There's also border's and walden's book bookstores. I'm sure in a major citiy you could ask around to find a hole-in-the-wall bookstore. In NYC I'm sure there's an achitectural school around that you might get books from the neighborhood.
                  Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                  You can find Barnes and Noble bookstores EVERYWHERE. I know for a fact that there are three in Colorado Springs I have no idea how many are in Denver, but there is for sure one in the Park Meadows mall area. Oh, and the best part about Barnes and Noble is that they have Starbucks, I loooooove to go to one of those stores, get me a caramel frappuccino, find a book on an interesting subject, tuck myself away in a comfy chair, and just get lost.

Oh... and the pic spam bribery was lovely *melts*
                  Thank you all for helping me. I wrote everything down and I'll keep searching the net for more info and where they are located.
                  Starbuck? I heard of that, thoguh to be honest, I didn't even know what exactly is that until now.
                  Thanks again to all of you, I knew I could count on you guys. *hugs the thread*

"What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you'll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don't ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins."

Comment

Hey there!
                    Just wanted to say Hi & I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you at FedConUSA in June!!
                    email me at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                      Oh my gosh already?! Thats right its next week! See you at FedCon cuz I bought my ticket for me and my bro yesterday
                      I still cannot make up my mind which ticket to get. Decisions. Decisions.

Comment

Starbuck? I heard of that, thoguh to be honest, I didn't even know what exactly is that until now.
                        Spoiler:

AHHH! if you didn't know what starbucks was before, you will after you get here. o my gosh. there's one on every corner and they're fabulous! and if there's one thing i'm passionate about....it's coffee
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by erb View Post
                          I still cannot make up my mind which ticket to get. Decisions. Decisions.
                          Same here. I am thinking about doing the gold but it is my first con so I am not sure what to do.

Comment

Starbucks is good for coffee and snacks. My favorite is a javachip frapaccino and a rice crispy snack. They also have juice blends which are tea and juices. I like the tangarine one.

"I just hated away the fact that I give a s***" - Dave from Nothing

My clone: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...Kay/TaoRM2.jpg
                            Courtesy of the Mckay/Hewlett Thunk Thread

Comment

I forgot to mention. There is a FedCon Dallas thread floating around in the Stargate Fandom forum thingy. A couple of us started it up at the end of last year when we first heard Paul might be attending.
                              Carson's pointy hair makes my toe happy.

Comment

Originally posted by leighanners View Post
                                I forgot to mention. There is a FedCon Dallas thread floating around in the Stargate Fandom forum thingy. A couple of us started it up at the end of last year when we first heard Paul might be attending.
                                Lol, and I just so happened to have bumped it to the top but a minute ago

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=4415

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Working...
                                X