Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked either as Dr. Weir. I was particularly impressed with Jessica-Weir's instincts. When the power went out at the SGC, the first thing she thought of was to manually close the iris. After seeing "New Order," I think Jessica-Weir would make a better SGC commander than Torri-Weir, but after seeing "Rising," I think Torri-Weir is better for Atlantis.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of Weir Jessica Steen would have made on Atlantis, but then again we wouldn't have Torri to compare her to.
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      I liked either as Dr. Weir. I was particularly impressed with Jessica-Weir's instincts. When the power went out at the SGC, the first thing she thought of was to manually close the iris. After seeing "New Order," I think Jessica-Weir would make a better SGC commander than Torri-Weir, but after seeing "Rising," I think Torri-Weir is better for Atlantis.

It would have been interesting to see what kind of Weir Jessica Steen would have made on Atlantis, but then again we wouldn't have Torri to compare her to.
      That's kind of my thinking as well. At first I was kind of mad they switched actresses b/c I liked the first one. But I think Torri W. does a pretty good job with Atlantis. BTW--wasn't Jessica Steen on that old Earth 2 series?

Comment

Yes, Jessica was on Earth 2.

as to which weir is 'better'....that's up to a person's personal preferences.

I think that why one actress left and another took her place is much like why MS left the show.....only he, TPTB and the fly that was on the wall at the time knows.....and since none are talking, we never will and so this question will never be answered

what's done is done.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did they even reflect on this in Rising?

Comment

Originally posted by alz0rz
            Did they even reflect on this in Rising?
            No. The series goes on as if the actresses are one in the same. They pretend the switch never occured.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well what were they supposed to say? Excuse me Dr. Weir? I like that radical palstic surgery you had!?!?
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by MR ONION
                Okay I know this has probably been touched on before but I just finished season 7, and I am familar wth the new show Atlantis but how come they switched actresses from SG 1 season 7 to Atlantis season one?? what happened to the original Dr Weir actress? Thanks
                i hadnt noticed.....anyone got pics of both ppl?
                sigpic

check it out!

Comment

The first Weir. The second Weir.
                  Rocky

Comment

I personally liked Jessica - she seemed more made for the job and a bit overwhelmed but it would have turned out great.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      No. The series goes on as if the actresses are one in the same. They pretend the switch never occured.
                      they didn't say anything when Drey'auc or Cassie changed actresses either

happens
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

thx rocket, i remember now....
                        ....there was too long a gap b4 i watched atlantis so i didnt notice....im glad that i didnt cos things like that usually ruin stuff for me!
                        sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Rezukien
                          i hadnt noticed.....anyone got pics of both ppl?
                          Jessica..

Torri...

Jessica is cuter I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
                            Jessica..

Torri...

Jessica is cuter I think.
                            thx again, and id agree with u there
                            sigpic

check it out!

Comment

Cuter is a matter of perception.

As Skydiver said, we're unlikely to ever hear an explaination from official sources. There have been rumors that Steen and TPTB had some disagreements about characterization and direction and TPTB simply decided that they didn't want to bring that into Atlantis.

It's a sticky subject with some fans, and ultimately it's a matter for the Stargate producers, and Ms. Steen, and not really our buisness. Torri Higginson is a talented actress, and was hired without prior knowledge of the recast. The fact that she wasn't told until after several days of shooting suggests that TPTB weren't really that interested in the characterizations matching.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                The fact that she wasn't told until after several days of shooting suggests that TPTB weren't really that interested in the characterizations matching.
                                Maybe, when they hired Jessica Steen, they were originally planning to have Atlantis go a certain direction, but then decided to change something. (As most of you know, 'Lost City" was re-written several times, the total number I think being three).
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X