Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Steen's work on the show. Of course, after only 2 hours of seeing her work, it's hard to get a feel of what she brought to the role.

What I saw from Tori looked good. She didn't fit the image of a diplomat being wishy washy when she told Shepard to "shut up." But I'd need to see more of her actually acting to see how I liked her interpretation of the character. I just realized that unlike McKay and Shepard, I really haven't seen much of her Weir so far.
    "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
      I liked Steen's work on the show. Of course, after only 2 hours of seeing her work, it's hard to get a feel of what she brought to the role.

What I saw from Tori looked good. She didn't fit the image of a diplomat being wishy washy when she told Shepard to "shut up." But I'd need to see more of her actually acting to see how I liked her interpretation of the character. I just realized that unlike McKay and Shepard, I really haven't seen much of her Weir so far.
      Of all the characters on SGA, I'm most uncertain of Weir. It's a tough role to pull off. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that TH can do it.

OT: Does rihannsu equal Romulan a la Diane Duane's ST books? Had to ask.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

I liked her too. Whenever I see her, she always does well.

That's probably why they replaced her. Also, they have no clue how long Atlantis might run, so they have to be careful. I also like Tori. I remember seeing her in the Tekwar films, ans she was very good in them.

However, both are quite huggable...and I'm not complaining.
        I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

After seeing the new actress on the Lowdown, and pics of her in "Home" I think they wanted a younger looking actress. Look at her in "Home" with the pink shirt, my 12 year old cousin looks older than that.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

It is possible. But there are tons of reasons why they may have got rid of her
            __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
              OT: Does rihannsu equal Romulan a la Diane Duane's ST books? Had to ask.
              YES!!!! *does the happy dance* You guys made the connection really quickly! I'm suprised.

My gut reaction was that this Weir might have trouble establishing her authority, but like the rest of you, I want to wait and see.
              "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Wasn't she a contest winner for a walk-on role.

Comment

Ticks me off still, that Jessica Steen was replaced. I mean, after all, one moment she's standing there as Steen and the next she's going to be someone entirely different... it won't be like the movie where there was a couple of years in-between, in this case it's dead-set, just a few months later we're looking at a new actress. And plus, once these episodes are syndicated we'll be seeing, say, "Stargate Thursday" (remember, it'd be a little while from now before they go this high up on mass showings) and say, TLC: Pt I and II, then NO Pt I and II... that'll be odd.

But overall I'm starting to like this new actress myself. I think Jessica Steen was quite possibly the best guest star thus far though.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Agent
                    Why didn't they decide to keep Jessica Steen as Dr. Weir.
                    When Lost City was in production the big dawgs decided to go in a different direction. There's a very good reason why they switched to Tori, but it really is still very-much a sensitive issue. Rest assured that it will be revealed when Atlantis is a little older

Comment

Does Tori have a husband? Because it would be funny if when "Atlantis is a little older" and they are still stuck there if she gets pregnant. :
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                        Does Tori have a husband? Because it would be funny if when "Atlantis is a little older" and they are still stuck there if she gets pregnant. :
                        Nah, They can pull a Seinfeld and keep her behind large props for 99% of her screen time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          Nah, They can pull a Seinfeld and keep her behind large props for 99% of her screen time.
                          So what when they are off world she will be standing behind rocks and trees?

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Pull a Seinfeld? I've seen every episode of Seinfeld a dozen times, are you saying JLD was pregnant? What season!?! *goes off to google it*

Comment

I don't think Julia was ever pregnant either...

Comment

Originally posted by David
                                I don't think Julia was ever pregnant either...
                                No, I believe the pregnant-woman-hidden-behind-desks was on Married with Children.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X