This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgentX
    Other notable Pregnancy masks include: Daphne Moon (Jane Leeves) on Frasier, they explained by her just eating a lot so she felt no pressure in living up to Niles' fantasy of her. Debra Messing on Will and Grace who got covered in shalls and got sent to Cambodia, and spent a lot more time in her room.

I think Jane has been pregnant twice during Malcolm's run. So it fits.
    Don't forget Wilson from Home Improvement.

Oh, wait........
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Maybe she's not just another 'blonde'
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
        Maybe Jessica was afraid that Atlantis would become as succesful, and that she would be under pressure to be on the show for who knows how many years ! Maybe her dark hair color is her original. and the blonde was colored, just a thought!
        That's actually right, Jessica's hair is normally dark, the blond was colouring...

Comment

Well, hey, it could have been LIndsay Wagner ("Bionic Woman"). Robert Cooper actually approached the actress about the role.

Comment

Really? Thank god for that! lol

Yeah, JS is really a dark brown but dyed it blonde for the role!
            __

__

Comment

I liked Steens voice more then Higginson(?)

Comment

I like her voice also. Although I don't think a voice makes a lot of difference on a TV show
                __

__

Comment

Voices can totally bug me. Don't care about looks, but voices, that's another thing.

Comment

Good lord, where were you people LOL! Yes, JLD was pregnant during a season of Seinfield, GA was pregnant during the second half of season one and into the beginning of season 2 (I think I've got my seasons right), and it was the reason behind her alien abduction (remember the belly shot, that was her real pregnant belly). GA and I had babies at the same time, my second guy was born a couple of weeks before she had hers. I thought it was kind of neat since I was a huge x-file fan from the beginning so I knew what was going on.

Pay attention, geez! How can you miss it!
                    sigpic

Comment

I just have a thing for good looking blonde woman and Jessica Steen looked really hot as a blonde, although she isn't a true blonde.

Lotsa women have been pregnant during their shows. Gates McFadden was pregnant during Season 5 of Star Trek (I think it was Season 5). They just made her clothes baggier so as to not alude to anything...
                      Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
                      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
                      - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
                      Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
                      Mayboune: *shrugs*
                      - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

Okay I know this has probably been touched on before but I just finished season 7, and I am familar wth the new show Atlantis but how come they switched actresses from SG 1 season 7 to Atlantis season one?? what happened to the original Dr Weir actress? Thanks

Comment

I don't know but I liked the first one better. They should have kept her.

Comment

For whatever reason TPTB decided to recast. Jessica Steen has publically said that she was prepared to do the series, so that suggest that there was some reason on the part of TPTB to replace her.

It's highly doubtful that the exact story will ever come out.

Comment

There is definitely a difference in their two acting styles. Perhaps TPTB wanted more of something that Torri Higginson is able to do better than Jessica Steen.
                              Rocky

Comment

Always thought the first actress was more feminine and understanding but also a sense of being overwhelmed by the stargate program.......also less sympathetic to the secrecy.......the second actress has a much harder edge and it's much more difficult to see her as feminine.

Comment

Working...
                                X