Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not planning to watch Atlantis for the wardrobe, but if they're too distracting (and in the still images, I think they are) then it would take away from my enjoyment of the show because I wouldn't *quite* be able to accept it all as "real". If I can't get into the story then it's no fun for me.

Comment

This is the first time I've seen them so this is a first impression reaction.

YUK!

They look like Shell Suits.

And why the different colours?
      sigpic

Comment

I absolutely love the Uniforms! I'm sorry but I don't see why so many people have a problem with them. I think they're unique and cool. I want one.

-Matt
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I really hated them at first but they're slowly growing on me. I like the idea of each characters nationality being shown through the corresponding flag patch on their arm.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
            Actually, I'd have to agree that they do look a little better once you see them onscreen. But still it doesn't seem that convincing that its a military team.
            Could you see them trying to sneak up on a Wraith wearing those bright colors and patterns? That would be like Osoma running around covered in florenscent orange.
            Ah, but the dark ones, as shown on Sheppard and Ford, are the military ones, the tan ones seem only for the civilians.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              I don't think I said that. It certainly doesn't sound like me.
              Oh, you said it. It's my only exposure to TJ Maxx! lol

Comment

Originally posted by David
                Oh, you said it. It's my only exposure to TJ Maxx! lol
                I'm almjost sure that's called TK Maxx here

Comment

I have to admit when I first saw the uniforms I really hated them.

However I think they have grown on me (kinda like fungus ) because right now I could take them or leave them.
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I think they are perfectly horrible.

Comment

I have seen worse, but the thing I always liked about Stargate was it's realism. No stupid Star Trek "let's fall all around our ship because it doesnt have seat belts and I like to stand when in battle" uniforms. They were DPM, exactly the stuff the military WOULD wear in such a situation. This new stuff... I dunno. IMO the only good ooptions are the goold old desert or green DPMs, flightsuits, or Airforce uniform.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

They seem strange. They could match a bit more I guess but perhaps they'll change mid-way through the series one they meet the 'Wraith'
                        __

__

Comment

kinda reminds me of Wormhole X-treme.

quotes aint perfectly accurate but u get the idea

Actor playing O'neill playing RDA: "Is this realistic, the camouflage i mean?"
                          O'neill: "Oh yeah sure, you dont wanna be a target out there"

im sure sum1 will post the exact lines but oh well.

i suppose i'll warm up to the costumes..i mean uniforms.. as the show progresses but for now..wtf! lol

Comment

I don't like their uniforms. Galaxy Quest is exactly right. What happened to good old Military style?
                            ------
                            Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Originally posted by jenniferhailey
                              I don't like their uniforms. Galaxy Quest is exactly right. What happened to good old Military style?
                              mayb cos its not a military team they wanted something different?

Comment

I guess, but it takes away from the whole Stargate concept.

I know it needs to be different, but it's better to be leaning more towards Stargate than Star Trek or Galaxy Quest...hmm.

It's meant to be based on Stargate...so why not keep similar uniforms?
                                ------
                                Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

Working...
                                X