This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Patricio! Welcome to the forum!

Just click on the FAQ link in the toolbar near the top of every page on the forum to find the rules. Hope you enjoy things here.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Well, the trousers, shirt, jacket ensemble is pretty standard. And everyone's wearing it; we don't see the women in mini-skirts.

I agree that this uniform does not seem to be designed for people running around in the field and trying to hide. It seems to be designed for technical people. (Perhaps the slate gray hides the grease spots.) If the material is static-prone, that's going to be really bad for the electronics.

There's a waistband on the jacket, a neck band that closes with velcro and cuffs on the sleeves, all of which seem to be designed to keep out the wind. So I gather you could be reasonably comfortable outside on a mild day, and if it got warm, you could take off the jacket. Do you think this uniform is well-designed for shooting in British Columbia? Is it warm enough? Is it water-proof enough?

I don't think the unifrom has enough pockets for all their gear. At first I thought that's what the panels were -- big side pockets, but evidently not. I don't know if the wearers could even stick their hands in their pockets to warm them up. Actually, I don't even know if they have a place to stash a pen or a wallet.

But they seem to fit comfortably and give the wearers some flexibility for different environments and working conditions.

Comment

When they're on missions they have those vests....

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
          How would water breathers now that lungs are posistioned under the colored pockets? We'd be as alien to them as they would be to use. Intersting idea none-the-less.
          Because the water breathers have met OTHER non-water breathers before?

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I just think they look cheesy. I was much more for the military look from SG-1; however, I do like the new camo they have and I hope they even test the new Air Force BDUs on the show at some point.
            sigpic

Comment

Galaxyquest. That didn't occur to me till I read the poll
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Galaxyquest. That didn't occur to me till I read the poll
                Yeah, me too. And I sill think that they are cheese. They DO need to change those uniforms, to something better.

Comment

Some people say that "As long as the vests cover the jackets, it looks fine." So then what's the point of having the color panels on the jackets at all? Do away with 'em, I say. Make them look a little less costumey.

Comment

I've got to say that I really think they seen to have been designed by some kind of international committee of people who didn't really like working together so they ended up with something no one liked.. Its not military-style, but we're not really dealing with a military operation here.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I'm taking a wait and see approach.
                      I did purchase an atlantis patch on ebay and now I wait until it arrives to see if it matches all the pics.

Comment

Look a little rag tag to me.

If your in another galaxy you wouldn't wear clothes like that you would expect more gizmos and bleeping lights!

Battlestar cylon costumes maybe?

Comment

Maybe the colored panels inflate when submerged, kinda like those life preservers found on airplanes!

Comment

The uniforms may look like GalaxyQuest, but lets hope the show is better than GalaxyQuest.
                            http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

..........They do look a bit like pyjamas, don't they?

Comment

They look like they are made out of parachute material or something. The cast is going to be ripping out the crotches when they run! Man, they look fake too. Boo!
                                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                                X