This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beckmen
    The cast is going to be ripping out the crotches when they run!
    Now, see, that could almost be an advantage. And it'd help with the whole "Boxers or briefs... or Other" question.

Muahaha....

Comment

I think they're decent enough. The darker ones are much better than the lighter ones though.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
        If anyone has seen the Sci-fi ad most people agree the uniforms look much better on camera (As does Torri Higgonson ) I always liked them though
        All clothes, gate, and rooms will look better when lighted for the TV show and not a promotional photo shoot. Give it a chance. Plus, they're probably going to wear other clothes than these uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
          Plus, they're probably going to wear other clothes than these uniforms.
          I'd like to see them embark on a mission wearing civilian clothes a couple of times. I wonder how many change of clothes they brought with them, or if they are just gonna start wearing some Ancient stuff?
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I don't care a fig about the uniforms- I just want good stories and characterisation!
            To me,no posed Promo shots can convey how practical (or otherwise ),the clothing might be onscreen.
            I'm looking forward to SG Atlantis and am getting impatient already!
            (Are we there yet? )
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think they look fine now that I have seen the pics of them and the commercials. They will do fine.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

They look to me like they're made of a slightly thicker (than parachute) synthetic, the kind that is becoming favored by fishermen and adventurers. I have a pair of pants made of that material that came from Patagonia. (The store, not the geographical area)

The costumes overall do look like the kind of uniform a civillian research team may wear in the field. The panels look stupid, though, IMO.

Comment

<< is it just me or do they all seem to have the same footwear? >>

I thought the exact same thing. And they all seem to look like hiking boots as well - are they going to be going up many mountains?

On the uniforms as a whole, I'm not exactly thrilled with them at present, but I'm willing to give them a chance. I'm not too sure about the flag patches though, especially since Beckett has a Scottish flag patch which is just plain wrong in my opinion. Unless Scotland has suddenly become a sovereign country since I last checked (not necessarily a bad thing if you ask me) then it should be the Union Jack. It should, I tell you, it should!
                  sum ergo cogitum
                  I am therefore I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=Champos I'm not too sure about the flag patches though, especially since Beckett has a Scottish flag patch which is just plain wrong in my opinion. Unless Scotland has suddenly become a sovereign country since I last checked (not necessarily a bad thing if you ask me) then it should be the Union Jack. It should, I tell you, it should![/QUOTE]

Oh Boy! You're posing a loaded opinion there my friend,if any Scottish Nationalists (or worse my AUNTIE ) read this POV!

Seriously,I agree with you,maybe he should bear the "Union Flag", not the Saltyre of St.Andrew.

(It's the same situation in eg. Canada.The Maple Leaf is the National Flag but each of the Territories have their own flag.)
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 December 2004, 03:17 PM. Reason: My own stupidity! Always mixed the Scottish/Welsh Saints up! (Groans:Must .Pay.Attention!)
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Maybe Beckett's a patriotic Scot and did some negotiating. Either that or the writing staff have not gotten all their memos.

He's still the UK's representative to Atlantis in my book though
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

LONG LIVE BRITAIN AND THE BRITISH EMPIRE!!!!!

England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, The Falklands and Australia!

Ok.. some empire...

Disclaimer: I know Australia isn't british but they DO recognise our Queen as a figure head.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Today i decided that I immensly hate them. I compared a picture of the atlantis team to a picture of SG-1. SG-1 looks way more professional while the atlantis team is just poorly dressed. No one would wear uniforms that look like that.

It might not be as bad if everyone wore the same uniform. The members of SG-1 wear the same color uniform all the time.

They are uniforms not fatigues. There should be a standard and it should be the Air Force standard.
                          -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                          -Jack O'Niell

Comment

The uniforms are not THAT bad...they are fine. Don't judge them based on the promo shots...the lighting lies. Look at in-show shots.
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

The in-show shots look better, but they still don't seem to fit for a military team. I don't get why the bright colors? If they are gonna be sneaking around nothing says "Hey! I'm over here!" than those colors.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                                LONG LIVE BRITAIN AND THE BRITISH EMPIRE!!!!!

England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, The Falklands and Australia!

Ok.. some empire...

Disclaimer: I know Australia isn't british but they DO recognise our Queen as a figure head.
                                Hey, you stay the hell away from us! *fights off British with sticks*

But I've asked Scottish people I know, and they said they'd want to wear their own flag rather than the Union Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X