X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Hey, you stay the hell away from us! *fights off British with sticks*

But I've asked Scottish people I know, and they said they'd want to wear their own flag rather than the Union Jack
    Not all of us though,Teal'c!! (I count myself as British.Except when it comes to sport of course!)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
      LONG LIVE BRITAIN AND THE BRITISH EMPIRE!!!!!

England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, The Falklands and Australia!

Ok.. some empire...

Disclaimer: I know Australia isn't british but they DO recognise our Queen as a figure head.
      We've still got Gibraltar as well! Like hell we're ever gonna give that back to Spain!!!!
      sum ergo cogitum
      I am therefore I think.

Comment

Hey, you stay the hell away from us! *fights off British with sticks*

But I've asked Scottish people I know, and they said they'd want to wear their own flag rather than the Union Jack
        It doesn't really matter much what they want though, it's what they SHOULD be wearing if they're in the armed forces of the United Kingdom. We English don't wear the St George's flag on our arm patch - hell, we don't even have a proper celebration on his saint day!!!

For the record though, if you ask me, we should give Scotland full independence. I think that if they want to be free, then they should be. Then, when they go bankrupt, as they inevitably would without the subsidies from the UK which they survive on, we can laugh at them when they come crawling back to us and we can accept them back into the UK on really humilitating terms!
        sum ergo cogitum
        I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
          It doesn't really matter much what they want though, it's what they SHOULD be wearing if they're in the armed forces of the United Kingdom. We English don't wear the St George's flag on our arm patch - hell, we don't even have a proper celebration on his saint day!!!

For the record though, if you ask me, we should give Scotland full independence. I think that if they want to be free, then they should be. Then, when they go bankrupt, as they inevitably would without the subsidies from the UK which they survive on, we can laugh at them when they come crawling back to us and we can accept them back into the UK on really humilitating terms!
          Agree with you on Paragraph #1 POV.

As for paragraph 2: I,for one,don't want what's left of the U.K. to split up any further than it has already.There are too many British people with mixed roots and family members spread across the British Isles to stick us into tidy little compartments marked "Scottish","English" and so on .
          <snipped by FHB >
          Please,pretty please,understand I'm not attacking YOU,Champos.Just a difference of opinion.Honestly!

Still friends ?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 30 December 2004, 03:25 PM. Reason: removed some irrelevant political comments.....in case of offence to newer posters.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
            Not all of us though,Teal'c!! (I count myself as British.Except when it comes to sport of course!)
            Well you stay up there, and I'll stay down here, where it's cool

I wonder how the Tricolour would look on an Atlantis uniform?

Comment

Well you stay up there, and I'll stay down here, where it's cool :

I wonder how the Tricolour would look on an Atlantis uniform?
              I stay in England Teal'c.Like it! Nowt wrong with Eire either! (or Emerald Isle /Rep.Of Ireland,whichever term you prefer!

As to the Tricolour on at Atlantis uniform:
              Probably pretty darn cool!
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 May 2004, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Hi!
                I'm from Scotland. I'd say Beckett should wear the Union flag on his arm. If Beckett was American he'd have the stars and strips - not the state he comes from like for example the Texan flag. Same should apply to the UK flag. Scotland's just part of the UK. That's only my opinion though - other Scots might think differently. Then again - it's unfair on everyone else in the UK that the only British guy on the show's wearing a Scotland flag. I thought the saltire was St. Andrew and st. David was the Welsh guy.... hmmmmm......
                Since I'm from Scotland - I'd say I'd wear the Union flag, no hesitation. Please don't yell at me.
                I'm a patriotic British and Scottish person. No reason why I can't do both! I like the other parts of the UK - no Braveheart type revenge thing going on with me!
                I'd say the Irish flag would look like an Irish tricolour flag patch on an Atlantis uniform! Bit like every other flag would look like a flag patch on an atlantis uniform!
                Scottish Independence - now that is scary....
                Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Oh..... since I went a little off topic!
                  I quite like the new uniforms. I'm no fashion guru - but they look OK.
                  I suppose the designers were looking for a different look to the show to try and distinguish it from SG-1.
                  Oh! Also... before any decides that I offended them - I hope I didn't and didn't mean to.
                  Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

Originally posted by gategirl101
                    Hi!
                    I'm from Scotland. I'd say Beckett should wear the Union flag on his arm. If Beckett was American he'd have the stars and strips - not the state he comes from like for example the Texan flag. Same should apply to the UK flag. Scotland's just part of the UK. That's only my opinion though - other Scots might think differently. Then again - it's unfair on everyone else in the UK that the only British guy on the show's wearing a Scotland flag. I thought the saltire was St. Andrew and st. David was the Welsh guy.... hmmmmm......
                    Since I'm from Scotland - I'd say I'd wear the Union flag, no hesitation. Please don't yell at me.
                    I'm a patriotic British and Scottish person. No reason why I can't do both! I like the other parts of the UK - no Braveheart type revenge thing going on with me!
                    I'd say the Irish flag would look like an Irish tricolour flag patch on an Atlantis uniform! Bit like every other flag would look like a flag patch on an atlantis uniform!
                    Scottish Independence - now that is scary....
                    With you Gater Pal! You're right about the Saints too.
                    I've no excuse for mixing up Andrew and David....just apologies for my confused memory! I've gone back and edited my stupidity.
                    Thanks for your restraint.

OMG,if my Scottish Nationalist Auntie and Cousins had come across my little faux pas,I'd suddenly be History and probably "Geography" as well!

Thank God for Forum names or I'd never show my face in Scotland again.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                      As for paragraph 2: I,for one,don't want what's left of the U.K. to split up any further than it has already.There are too many British people with mixed roots and family members spread across the British Isles to stick us into tidy little compartments marked "Scottish","English" and so on !
                      I agree that the UK should stay as it is, mostly because to break up into smaller regions would, in my opinion, be largely impractical. That said, it does seem to be what a lot of people want. They're not necessarily the majority but they are often quite vocal.

Please,please,pretty please,understand I'm not attacking YOU,Champos.Just a difference of opinion.Honestly!
                      Ha! I have you running scared now! Differences of opinion are good, especially when settled with violence...

Tolerance is good.
                      Says who?

Haha! I've successffully worked out how to do multiple quotes! Go me!
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

LOL,Champos!
                        You're doing far better on "Multiple Quote" replying than I am!

Re: the rest of your post: Hmmmm....am I running scared,let me ponder this with due consideration,and Baggie Wisdom...Sorry,not scared at all! You're a friend,right,Champos?

Quote:<"Tolerance is good". Says who?>Un-Quote.

Says Meeee!

Oh yes: On Topic:Atlantis Uniforms.

I don't really mind the uniforms themselves, so I'll gladly pretend I can't see the Scottish Flag.Such a small detail really!!

Happy?

Comment

Those uniforms don't look ugly but are utterly horrible. It is a lot like galaxyquest and way too "science-fictiony". One thing I liked about SG-1 was that it was contempory and they used standard military uniforms as if they were a contempory military unit, not some futuristic sci-fi series. They are also too flashy, what are they going to a off-world fashion show or something?

I guess I'll have to live with it, but I really don't like them.

Comment

Nor do i
                            "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I agree they look better on screen, but I've just remembered where I remember them from!
                              The ones in the picture don't look quite like it, but from the trailer with the Wraith in it, they look almost exactly the same as the uniforms from Seaquest DSV! Anyone else seen that show and know what I'm talking about?

Comment

Whats up with the team leaders goofy haircut?

Comment

Working...
                                X