This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just my thoughts...

it seems like there will be (alot?) more ship based action in Atlantis; so the uniforms arent that bad looking in the context of a flight-suit or something of that nature.. this entire spinoff seems to strike me as a more tech driven story and charactor pool, than SG1. the crew doesnt seem to be the same 'fighters' that SG1 are, so i dont see olive green as befitting either. though i could be totaly wrong about the above.

ok, that was my best shot at being possitive. the uniforms are a tad icky.

Comment

Old were Better...

Comment

They'd be alright without the panels

Comment

I pretty much agree with what others have said. They don't look absolutely horrible and fashion isn't what'll make or break the show for me. But I would have definetly preferred something more realistic looking from today's earth. Keeping the good old SG uniforms woulda worked better for me. But maybe there will be some story element as to why they have those.

Comment

Maybe they discovered that wind breakers are resistant to what ever the Wraith use to drain a body's life form? (haha)
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

They are just plain unflattering.
              Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Hmmm...Atlantis, underwater city...

Have you noticed those "colored" panels in the uniform jacket are EXACTLY where the lungs are?

Perhaps it's a signal to water breathers that the team breathe air, so if they're found unconscious, the water breathers don't dunk them to revive them.

Just a thought...

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

it's a bit too trekkish for my tastes... they should have stayed with the original stuff... real uniforms

Comment

Good thought, Morjana!
                    Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

Have you noticed those "colored" panels in the uniform jacket are EXACTLY where the lungs are?

Perhaps it's a signal to water breathers that the team breathe air, so if they're found unconscious, the water breathers don't dunk them to revive them.

Just a thought...

Morjana
                      That is a good thought... Hopefully if that wasn't the idea then perhaps they can integrate it... As long as they check these forums lol Or if that is whats planned I can't wait to see how they introduce it.

Comment

I think they are fine. The style is similar to the SG-1 uniforms (with the vest) but that have more of a NASA feel. I do wish they had more camo, though.

Comment

These things are a joke. They gotta do better than that. The only thing I like is the flight jacket Shepard is wearing in one of the photos. Classic pilot duds.

Comment

Originally Posted by morjana

Just a thought...

Morjana
                            -----------------

How would water breathers now that lungs are posistioned under the colored pockets? We'd be as alien to them as they would be to use. Intersting idea none-the-less.
                            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

They don't even look like they fit! I was not pleased with the decision on those ummm pyjama like please shoot me outfits....

Maybe they are made from a new synthetic fabric that keeps them warm and dry in case they get wet in the underwater city... it coincidentally is ugly fabric, however they would rather look dumb and be dry then look cool and wet...

Mira
                              Last edited by Mira; 04 May 2004, 12:28 PM. Reason: Brain storm
                              "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                I absolutely love the Uniforms! I'm sorry but I don't see why so many people have a problem with them. I think they're unique and cool. I want one.

-Matt
                                Yes, I also love the new uniforms they are pretty good in my opinion I know they are a little different but so is the series. It is another galaxy for crying out loud.

By the way I am new in this Forum so If anyone can give me the rules I would really appreciate it

Patricio

Comment

Working...
                                X