Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David85
    Shoot them three times in a row, that shouldn't take more than 3 seconds... they can't regenerate that fast, plus just have three people shooting, dead in a second.
    This assumes that they don't have some invulnerability to the zat like Aris Boch did.

A simple in story reason for no zats is who needs them. SGC is still fighting the Goa'uld and need the technologically advanced weapons they can't reproduce to use against said Goa'uld. The Atlantis team was going to a city that appeared entirely abandoned, and most likely they wouldn't have any use for weapons. They sent enough weapons for a just-in-case, weapons that they can easily produce more of back on Earth.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Or they could be just like Zats, one shot stun, two shot kill, three shot disintegrate
      *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
      McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
        Or they could be just like Zats, one shot stun, two shot kill, three shot disintegrate

That would be lame. lol
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Yea, I know
          *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
          McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Atlantis was wonderful and I can't wait for more!
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

It could be a possibility that they did bring some Zats, but we just didn't see them used. The Zats being introduced as weapons against the Wraith could provide Earth with the new advantage that the Wraith wouldn't expect--a weapon that could kill them so easily.

Sure, a big part of the Wraith's profile as a race is that they feed on fear, and where would our fear go if we could just zap them 3 times with a Zat? However, think of it this way; early in SG-1, we feared the Goa'uld. Now we don't as much, but still do to an extent. I could see the same happening in Atlantis with the Wraith, should they decide to start using Zats against them.

Jaffa, KREE!

Comment

I don't think the Ancients would mind if we brought Goa'uld weapons. They are sofisticated enough to tell the difference between a symbiote and a weapon using naquadah I think

Comment

Look how the Major killed one of the Wraiths. There is only so much regening that these beings can do. It looks like to me that a well placed shot from a P90 does the job. Or just a sharp pointy thing through the body... *Och, that hurts!* LOL

Spoiler Space
                  ****** USE IT *******
                  SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

I think it's fair to say that Zats wouldn't be that effective. Anubis used Ancient knowledge to build his "super soliders" and they were impervious to zats. Someone else also mentioned that there are people naturally immune, so you gotta think that a creature that can regenerate itself would have no problem maintaining an eltrical balance in it's body.
                    Jack: "I'm confident."
                    Daniel: "Me too."
                    Teal'c: "As am I."

Comment

We really need to get our hands on some Kull Warrior technology. I would love to have some of those gauntlets.

Does the life draining TER work on Wraiths you think?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

life draining TERs? They made you go splat.

Comment

Well they killed the Kull Warriors, so would they work on Wraiths!?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Oh you meant that weapon. But that was based to terminate the ancient technology stuff. I don't think the Wraith are ancient technology. But I guess they could try, but I think they'll be needed in our galaxy though.

Comment

Well if the sarcohpogus revives or reguvinates your lifework, and the Reverse TER takes what the sarcohpgus does, away, then why wouldn't it work on the Wraith? Both have a lifeforce of somesort. Maybe it could be calibrated to take care of both problems?

none the less we need some Kull gauntlets. Those things are too cool for school.

Comment

Ye, i'll take two Kull bracelets =)

Comment

Working...
                                X