Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SGC needs all the TER's they have. They can't spare any since Baal controls the Kull Warrior assembly line that Anubis built.
    *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
    McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Also, taking Wraith weapons is a bad idea. You dont know if it has some type of tracking device. Why take the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto
        Also, taking Wraith weapons is a bad idea. You dont know if it has some type of tracking device. Why take the chance?
        I thought the same, but I think they'll take one eventually.

Comment

Right now they are just big stabbing devices.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I dont think the Wraith weapons have any kind of kill function because as the keeper said they must feed and why would they kill their cattle, theu cant drain them after them kill them so ergo no point,,, my 2 cents stunn onlly

Comment

You could probably increase the power to the point were it becomes deadly.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Zats probibly wouldnt make it through the gate to atlantis. There were several planets that didnt let weapons through, like the planet mayborn and onell got stuck on. The zat was gone, but the earth weapons stayed. Im sure the atlantis gate would have a similar fiture.

Comment

Um...the Ancients were long gone by the time the Goa'uld became a major player in the galaxy, so I doubt there are any anti-naquadah defenses in the city. Anyway, for practical reasons, there are probably no Zats because that would constantly reference back to SG-1, and the producers are trying to set up Atlantis as its own entity, hence the 'whoops, we don't have any ZPM's to hop on back to Earth with' problem. Plus I'm sure Ancient weapons would be better anyway. Heh, mini-drone launchers or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma00
                    Look how the Major killed one of the Wraiths. There is only so much regening that these beings can do. It looks like to me that a well placed shot from a P90 does the job. Or just a sharp pointy thing through the body... *Och, that hurts!* LOL

Hahaha, you think she is really dead? Remeber how often Goul'd died, but weren't really dead?
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Oh, gee, and I just posted a post in another thread about that she-Wraith dying from such a simple mode of attack... maybe not. Who knows, they may have a laughable vulnerability yet and this is what helps turn the tide against them.

I don't think the Goa'uld even invented the Zats in the first place, eh? Aren't they scavengers of all their stuff? I wonder how much original stuff the Goa'uld have actually invented in the first place.
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Most of the stuff that can probably be pegged as original Goa'uld inventions have occurred because Earth's in-your-face resistence has prompted it. Apophis was building a brand-new type of warship despite having the then-largest System Lord fleet ever; either he or Sokar developed mothership-level cloaking devices; Nirrti was genetically engineering new breeds of humanity to make a new host; Anubis created the Kull warriors, more powerful shields and weapons, the scouting drones and his massive dreadnought-style mothership. (Granted, Anubis had partial Ancient knowledge, but he still applied it in more and better ways than any other Goa'uld developments we've seen were able to. I'm pretty sure the Ancients didn't experiment with making zombie foot soldiers, for example.)

I think they actually do have the ability to technologically grow, especially with the genetic knowledge thing, but they just don't care to. They crave power and worship over human slaves, so they only develop technology as far as they need to serve that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                          Hahaha, you think she is really dead? Remeber how often Goul'd died, but weren't really dead?
                          Hmmmm.... The female Wraith did tell Shepard that he made a mistake by sticking her with the Wriath weapon (releasing the other Wraiths). I got the impression from the scotish doctor that the Wraiths didn't die of nature causes (if they suck souls).

So that being said, put a big enough hole in them or go for a head shot sounds like a logical answer to the the problem. IMO I think she's dead as a door nail. Than again, it's just the first eps.

Spoiler Space
                          ****** USE IT *******
                          SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

Earth really needs a "laser" beam gun thingy....wait....is the um...the gun that sees invisible is that made by earth?

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

you know what i just noticed, they did not take any zats with them to atlantis, im sure they will find something just like it in the city, but i just thought it was kinda weird, maybe thye didnt want to introduce gould technology into atlantis, any ideas?

Comment

I totally agree with you... I hope they find a zat-like weapon in Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X