Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot them three times in a row, that shouldn't take more than 3 seconds... they can't regenerate that fast, plus just have three people shooting, dead in a second.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Also, the presence of Goa'uld technology is threatening in an Ancient area.

If Atlantis had sensors to sense Goa'uld technology (with whom they were once at war with), Atlantis might percieve the teams as enemies.

Common Sense:
      Zats = Goa'uld
      Ancients do not like Goa'uld
      Do not bring Goa'uld into a place where ancients could be living.

Comment

It's not so much 'regenerating' with the zat's 3 shots, it's your electrical field changing.
        sigpic

Comment

One shot stuns, second shot kills and the third shot disinegrates them. That would end the show pretty quick eh?

SG-1Poz

Comment

Well...we might have had not a alot to spare. I mean, SG1 occasionally takes a set. How many are left? Thenagain, we did take all the Goa'uld stuff out of Seth's house right?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I like the "Gould are bad" and the guns can't be in taken into Atlantis, but they didn't even bring them...

I'm sorry, but I'm sure SGC, how has bullets, can give some ZATs to the most important discovering EVER.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                I like the "Gould are bad" and the guns can't be in taken into Atlantis, but they didn't even bring them...

I'm sorry, but I'm sure SGC, how has bullets, can give some ZATs to the most important discovering EVER.
                They may not have had time to unpack
                sigpic

Comment

Since its a one way trip, Zats would have been a good idea.
                  What if they run out of bullets. Then what, make some pea shooters and slingshots.
                  *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                  McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

It does raise an interesting question though, how many rounds of ammo did they bring on this expedition and what happens when they run out?
                    Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Loki
                      It does raise an interesting question though, how many rounds of ammo did they bring on this expedition and what happens when they run out?
                      I'm sure the ancients have sidearms.
                      sigpic

Comment

Or replicators (like in Star Trek) like Mio said. He/She(Mio) is mad smart.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

WHy do they need zats when they're going to start usig the wraith weapons. Who would be smart enough to make a weapon that only killed the "bad guy"!

Comment

Like I said, slingshots.
                            "Looks like you're outta ammo."
                            *Looks at the ground*
                            "And seems like I have all the ammo in the world..."
                            *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
                            McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

Originally posted by electronlove
                              WHy do they need zats when they're going to start usig the wraith weapons. Who would be smart enough to make a weapon that only killed the "bad guy"!

The Wraith guns only stun people.

Comment

it could have a kill feature.

Comment

Working...
                                X