Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
    Coming to a planet with Wraith weapons might not be the perfect "we come in peace"-signal.
    Nor does any type of weapon

Comment

Well from what I have seen from the episodes so far they never take the wraith stunners off world and there weapon of choice is P-90.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Don't the Wraith guns have trackers in them?
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

We haven't been told. However I dont think so, since bringing a Stunner to Hoff wouldn't been the smartest thing to do in that case

Comment

I have not been on Gateworld for a while so don't get mad if this was already posted.

This might be a spoiler so I wrapped it in a spoiler thing just to be sure.

Spoiler:
            Why didn't the Atlantis crew bring Zats with them it would have been the smart thing to do since they knew that they might be stuck there forever. They would have as reliable accurate and deadly weapon that would never run out of ammo.
            And since i'm on the subject why didn't a the Tok'ra come with them i'm sure that they would have been a big help as far as helping them to figure out how the Ancient tech works.

Comment

Search!

Comment

The Atlantis Team seem to have only brought Earth Tech except for the generators. A foolish move in my opinion if you think about all the cool weapons we have discovered in the last 7/8 years.

As for the Tokra. We are not on the best of terms with them at the moment. Also there numbers are dwindling, i doubt they would want to risk another agent if there is a possible of never coming back. If we finaly establish a link between MW and Pegasus im sure they will be more than happy to join us.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

I'm not sure, but the real reason might be legallity. The new show might not have the rights to those things. I know it seems silly, but the world of legal red tape is quite thick.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                  DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
                    I'm not sure, but the real reason might be legallity. The new show might not have the rights to those things. I know it seems silly, but the world of legal red tape is quite thick.
                    but there both done by mgm
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Yea, you'd think that would pull out all the stops.
                      But there are many examples of where it seems like there should be no legal problem, but there is.

Like that bad Avengers cartoon. couldnt use Cap America. All made by marvel...
                      there are others.

Probably if the show really looks set, and if there is a legal thing, they'll settle it and bring in the zats

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                      DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Maybe the team intended to make ancient weapons

also they never expected to meet the wraith
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

maybe they have some rules we don't know about,
                          kind of like Trek's Prime Directive???
                          So, they can't bring all kinds of technology everywhere they go?

Or they don't want to reveal too much of what/who they know...

Comment

Cos they are retarded

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing..... Why the heck weren't they given zats?

Comment

Originally posted by zahncrelnik
                                maybe they have some rules we don't know about,
                                kind of like Trek's Prime Directive???
                                So, they can't bring all kinds of technology everywhere they go?

Or they don't want to reveal too much of what/who they know...
                                that is not the case sg1 are always keen to get and use alien technology for their own purposes
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X