Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no Zats or Staff Weapons in Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocket4477
    But according to that logic, they wouldn't feature a puddle jumper in a SG-1 episode, but "It's Good To Be King" (I think that's the title, it's the one with Maybourne) features one.
    No, it makes sense..

The SG1 fans are probably going to watch SG:A and know what a puddle jumper is.

The _NEW_ SGA fans won't know what a zat is, because they didn't watch within the serpant's grasp.
    sigpic

Comment

So they can just say its a gun. I'm pretty sure a gun would not turn people away. Plus it would make sense for them to bring every type of weapon. At some point Earth based weapons will run of of bullets and ZATS never do. Of course we probably figured that being the Lost City of Atlantis they would have some better weapons for us to use.
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

No, I am not on Stargate Atlantis and just for the record
        Yes, I would like to be. hehehe

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
        No episode images show the Atlantis team using zats, and there's no mention of them yet on SciFi's Atlantis site's tech section. They may have left zats out of Atlantis. For the most part, Atlantis won't deal with the Goa'uld, so in order to all new viewers to get into the show without having to know the history of SG-1 (namely, what zats are), they chose to exclude zats from the show.
        I have two Amazon parrots and the scars to prove it.
        Zat Gun
        aka: URGO, aka: Stu

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious what a zat is, a alien version of a gun!
          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            I think it's pretty obvious what a zat is, a alien version of a gun!

Don't underestimate the stupidity of people.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

True, but it's pretty obvious
              __

__

Comment

Maybe they aaren't taking zats because there aren't any to bring. How many zats have been brought back to Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by gate traveler
                  Maybe they aaren't taking zats because there aren't any to bring. How many zats have been brought back to Earth?
                  I don't know, but they always seem to have as many as they need.
                  Rocky

Comment

since the Goa'uld steal most of there technology... maybe there is an Ancient version of the zat.

Comment

The Zats seem to have a real reptilian form that fits the Goa'uld well. I hope they have a lot of spare supplies, because aren't they ever worrying about running out of stuff to scavenge, even with so many planets conquered? I guess the big question here is: WHO originally provided the Zat guns, Ha'tak ships, and so many other Goa'uld possessions?
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                        The Zats seem to have a real reptilian form that fits the Goa'uld well. I hope they have a lot of spare supplies, because aren't they ever worrying about running out of stuff to scavenge, even with so many planets conquered? I guess the big question here is: WHO originally provided the Zat guns, Ha'tak ships, and so many other Goa'uld possessions?
                        My guess would be the Ancients, simply because the Ancient outpost fround in "Lost City" had a set of rings. Carter even said something (to the effect) that if they Ancients built it, there must be a set of rings down there somewhere.
                        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                          My guess would be the Ancients, simply because the Ancient outpost fround in "Lost City" had a set of rings. Carter even said something (to the effect) that if they Ancients built it, there must be a set of rings down there somewhere.
                          Who said Zats were Ancient tech?

Hyperdrive tech, etc, is clearly ancient (the crystals used emulate other ancient tech we've seen)

But no one said Zats were Ancient.
                          sigpic

Comment

No one said it but me. If you notice it says MY GUESS, which means I think the Ancients invented zats, I don't know for sure.
                            Rocky

Comment

Earth base weapons suck, and they need bullets, so they might run out. And there is no way home. So why no Zats?

Some have said because people new to Stargate wouldn't know what they are (are they that dump) but even so Sheppard knows nothing about the Stargate and couls have just have him ask "What's that?" and they explain it.

Then it hit me. Bullets don't hurt the Wraith. With Zats one shot stuns, two kills, that's nothing to the Wraith, they could just regenerate, but three they would go "boom". With Zats the Wraith would be weak things and we could kill them. The only reason why the Anients died is because they were out numbered, but we have 6 billion so we have more.

Little plot hole in the series...

Comment

Sounds good, but then again, when we shoot Jaffa, they die. When we shoot Wraith, they regenerate. We don't know how fast they can regenerate. So we not be able to kill them as quickly as you would like.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Working...
                                X