This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    In this thread you claim that this guy is Rachel's trainer. Is this you?

Wow! You're gorgeous, James! You should give your character a name so we can make a thunk thread.
    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Damn he's SO HOT!!! I think I've found my personnal trainer...

Comment

James "BamBam" Bamford is a really cool guy who is among the many who put up with David and I when we were on the set last month. In fact, he went out of his way to show us video footage of a training / choreography session with Jason Momoa ("Ronon Dex"), for the fight scene Ronon will have with Ford in Season Two's "Runner!"

Thanks, James. Very sweet. Can't wait to see the final product on film!

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
          James "BamBam" Bamford is a really cool guy who is among the many who put up with David and I when we were on the set last month. In fact, he went out of his way to show us video footage of a training / choreography session with Jason Momoa ("Ronon Dex"), for the fight scene Ronon will have with Ford in Season Two's "Runner!"
          Ford/Ronon fight scene! I can't wait!!
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            In this thread you claim that this guy is Rachel's trainer. Is this you?

Yes............that would be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
              I'll second that. But since it's been debated a lot on the forum, I do have to say thank you THANK YOU for going with the Kali/Arnis. It is so nice to see a martial art that is actually useful and not the kickboxing/shaky camera stuff that you see on most tv shows. Rachel does a wonderful job with it, so kudos dude!

p.s. Who came up with that nifty take-down Ford does in The Brotherhood?
              You are welcome. Once again...........thanx for caring in the first place. The flying arm bar in Brotherhood came from myself and my stunt team.We are constantly in the gym looking at new submissions and practical MMA techniqes to use in the choreography. Dan Rizzuto, one of my stunt team, is a member of TEAM SHAMROCK fighting team, as well as the FRANCO FIGHT TEAM, here in Vancouver. It is my goal to bring a more realistic edge to the martial arts on television, while keeping the fights cinematically appealling. I just wanted Ford to do something different, yet practical. This particular takedown is extremely effective if delivered properly. The Stuntman being taken down is no other than Canadian Muay Thai Heavyweight Champion, Paul Lazenby. The only acrobatics that you will see in my choreography, this show, will be invloved in some kind of takedown or throw, to accentuate the pain of the landing. That stated, many of the stuntmen that I hire are also real fighters, Muay Thai, Pancrase, JKD, Kali, Balintawok, are the various styles I drawn on. Sometimes I will throw in a "traditional" martial art for some flair, as I was originally traditionally trained. My sensei was/is very open minded to various other styles as am I. Whatever works in improving on the "classical mess", a term often coined by Bruce Lee himself. Bruce Lee was a huge influence on me growing up.
              Last edited by 2BAM; 14 May 2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                Wow! You're gorgeous, James! You should give your character a name so we can make a thunk thread.
                I'm just another fellow Athosian trying to help keep the heritage of our traditional martial arts training method alive. Thank you for the compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld

Thanks, James. Very sweet. Can't wait to see the final product on film!

Darren
                  Thanx very much Darren, it was my pleasure to show you guys that footage. Cool....................I dunno about that so much. I'll aspire to live up to the legend! You guys rock!!

BAMBAM.

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    That picture would indeed be of James Bamford, who is the Stunt Co-ordinator for Atlantis...and is the person who trained Rachel Luttrell in the martial arts she uses on the show. He was interviewed for one of TV-Zone's SG Special mags.

However, I'm not certain 2BAM is BamBam...
                    I guess that I should have picked a handle not quite as close to my actual nickname to keep things on the down low, but it seems to have worked this long. LOL! The man, Steve, who wrote that article has just visited our set once again..............actually yesterday..............Friday the 13th! I had a long chat with him and presented him with one of Rachel's first training sticks..............alas, the stick I gave her last season............now broken in 2. A proud moment for me, and a tribute to how hard she has trained.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                      Yes............that would be me.
                      I can verify this as I am the Stunt Coordinator on the show.
                      The last conversation that I had with her was................o let me see..............6 hours ago, on set. I work there and I am responsible for training her. Look deeper and you will find the truth. I am the Stunt Coordinator/Martial Arts Choreographer on the show.

Sorry to be the resident sceptic. Long time reader & I just had to Register to post after reading through this thread. I done a check of the previous posts of 2BAM & check these out.

August 24th, 25th, 26th, September 4th 2004.
                      What is the origin of Teyla's fighting style that we saw a glimpse of in "Suspicion"? Did these skills come about as a need to defend her people from the Wraith or were they passed on to her by her elders?

Physique is right!!! What a speciman! How does one go about getting in that kind of shape?! She must live in the Atlantis training facility.Whatever it is that keeps her looking like that, she should keep doing it because............wow!

You know, I think that you may be correct on that assumption regarding distance. Good call. What her style's origin, she seems to have it dialed in. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. I am also curious to see what Ford is capable of since he is a Marine/Special Forces.....etc. By the way, did I mention that Teyla is beautiful?

Take a look at the photos posted on this site regarding the episode "The Eye". It looks like there will be some great action there for Teyla, I'm not sure about Ford though. He should be getting into some scuffles for sure though. I bet he can break some bones. I want to know more about Rachel's, (the actress) training for the show. What about on the DVD's? Will there be some information on the special features?

Whatever training she had, she looks like a natural.

August 25th, 2004
                      I think that Teyla is a very complex character that will take a long time to get to know. She must have many layers yet to be discovered and I'm going to sit through every episode before and even after I figure out exactly what she is about. She is not your garden variety SCI-FI character, no. Much more.

August 25th, 2004, 03:36 AM
                      Where can I find out more about the actor that plays Sheppard.

August 26th, 2004, 01:09 AM
                      You know, I think that you may be correct on that assumption regarding distance. Good call. What her style's origin, she seems to have it dialed in. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. I am also curious to see what Ford is capable of since he is a Marine/Special Forces.....etc. By the way, did I mention that Teyla is beautiful?

August 26th, 2004, 01:35 AM
                      I am curious to know, as with all of the characters on this new show, where and what did Ford come from? State, training, specialties,................etc.? What, where, how, who, and why? He seems like someone that can really take care of himself.

September 4th, 2004, 05:22 AM
                      He should have a mean look in his eye.......................he's a marine! More Ford please!!! More. I can see him bringing a whole lotta whopass to the table!

September 20th, 2004, 02:44 AM
                      Ya........that was his point. Well..........no swords so far but far superior fighting. Since when does anyone actually perform acrobatics in combat, huh? I did like the staff training match in ' The Warrior' but that was about it for the fights in that episode. Teyla's style is faster paced and more realistically technical. This girl has some fantastic potential in the combat arena, I can just see it coming. Her fights don't even look like the kind that make use of a stunt double either!! Teyla kicks butt!! I wanna see Teyla fight on a regular basis. More fighting, more!!

October 1st, 2004, 12:07 AM
                      I greatly admire the actress for putting in all that time that I heard she was in training. She sounds dedicated to the cause, to the extreme. Good for her!!

May 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
                      Rachel was trained in Vancouver by the Stunt Coordinator of Atlantis, and by members of his stunt team. That is it. Check the facts.

May 9th, 2005, 03:32 AM
                      Correct. The other Athosian that she was seen practicing with is none other than her trainer, the stunt coordinator of Atlantis, the only cameo he has on the show thus far.

After reading through all those posts asking about what style, training methods etc etc. Dude hate to be the one to ask this but if you trained them you would already have known all about Teyla, Ford, Sheppard. I'm more convinced who you say you are than ever. :Major Sarcasm:

Comment

If I wanted to stimulate conversation, but didn't want to reveal who I was, then I'd have taken the EXACT same tact that this person did. None of those questions or comments surprises me in the given context.

And . . . .if you read the entire thread . . . . you'll see that David has already confirmed who this person is.

I think you're questioning something that's already been settled.

Comment

Yes, yes...................that was me. Originally I was attempting to keep my identity secret. That was the reason for appearing ignorant of all of that information. I was attempting to find out the opinions on all of those subjects from the public without appearing to know too much. If you require proof at this date, I say....................find it yourself. I know who I am...........the owners of this site have met me in person, at work..................that's enough for me.
                          Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                          Sorry to be the resident sceptic. Long time reader & I just had to Register to post after reading through this thread. I done a check of the previous posts of 2BAM & check these out.

August 24th, 25th, 26th, September 4th 2004.
                          What is the origin of Teyla's fighting style that we saw a glimpse of in "Suspicion"? Did these skills come about as a need to defend her people from the Wraith or were they passed on to her by her elders?

Physique is right!!! What a speciman! How does one go about getting in that kind of shape?! She must live in the Atlantis training facility.Whatever it is that keeps her looking like that, she should keep doing it because............wow!

Take a look at the photos posted on this site regarding the episode "The Eye". It looks like there will be some great action there for Teyla, I'm not sure about Ford though. He should be getting into some scuffles for sure though. I bet he can break some bones. I want to know more about Rachel's, (the actress) training for the show. What about on the DVD's? Will there be some information on the special features?

Whatever training she had, she looks like a natural.

August 25th, 2004
                          I think that Teyla is a very complex character that will take a long time to get to know. She must have many layers yet to be discovered and I'm going to sit through every episode before and even after I figure out exactly what she is about. She is not your garden variety SCI-FI character, no. Much more.

August 25th, 2004, 03:36 AM
                          Where can I find out more about the actor that plays Sheppard.

August 26th, 2004, 01:09 AM

August 26th, 2004, 01:35 AM
                          I am curious to know, as with all of the characters on this new show, where and what did Ford come from? State, training, specialties,................etc.? What, where, how, who, and why? He seems like someone that can really take care of himself.

September 4th, 2004, 05:22 AM
                          He should have a mean look in his eye.......................he's a marine! More Ford please!!! More. I can see him bringing a whole lotta whopass to the table!

September 20th, 2004, 02:44 AM
                          Ya........that was his point. Well..........no swords so far but far superior fighting. Since when does anyone actually perform acrobatics in combat, huh? I did like the staff training match in ' The Warrior' but that was about it for the fights in that episode. Teyla's style is faster paced and more realistically technical. This girl has some fantastic potential in the combat arena, I can just see it coming. Her fights don't even look like the kind that make use of a stunt double either!! Teyla kicks butt!! I wanna see Teyla fight on a regular basis. More fighting, more!!

October 1st, 2004, 12:07 AM
                          I greatly admire the actress for putting in all that time that I heard she was in training. She sounds dedicated to the cause, to the extreme. Good for her!!

May 9th, 2005, 03:21 AM
                          Rachel was trained in Vancouver by the Stunt Coordinator of Atlantis, and by members of his stunt team. That is it. Check the facts.

May 9th, 2005, 03:32 AM
                          Correct. The other Athosian that she was seen practicing with is none other than her trainer, the stunt coordinator of Atlantis, the only cameo he has on the show thus far.

After reading through all those posts asking about what style, training methods etc etc. Dude hate to be the one to ask this but if you trained them you would already have known all about Teyla, Ford, Sheppard. I'm more convinced who you say you are than ever. :Major Sarcasm:
                          Last edited by 2BAM; 15 May 2005, 05:29 PM.

Comment

It is indeed James Bamford, Wraith Hunter. It's a smaller world than you realize and GateWorld is on these folks' radar. I got off the phone with him the other day WHILE he was at the production office (Caller ID). He, Rainbow Sun Francks, Martin Gero, Joseph Mallozzi, and the others from the cast and crew who post here and don't tell you -- they're the genuine articles. Enjoy their company.

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                              If I wanted to stimulate conversation, but didn't want to reveal who I was, then I'd have taken the EXACT same tact that this person did. None of those questions or comments surprises me in the given context.

And . . . .if you read the entire thread . . . . you'll see that David has already confirmed who this person is.

I think you're questioning something that's already been settled.
                              Thanx Droops.

Comment

I know who I am...........the owners of this site have met me in person, at work..................that's enough for me.
                                An example of one of the knuckleheads I was referring to, James

But I also fully appreciate a fresh bit of skepticism -- except the tunnel-vision and "talking to a brick wall" kinds.

Comment

Working...
                                X