Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is that Teyla does the majority of her own stunts, including the episodes with the sticks, and she is GOOD!!!!!! I'd have bandaides on every finger.
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
      He also played the Frog-dude on "X-Men."
      His name was Toad

Comment

Originally posted by David
        His name was Toad
        LOL, thanks.
        Liaison of F.O.R.D.
        Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

His name was Toad
          LOL, took the words right out of my mouth. He also played Belthozar for those of you who watched Charmed.
          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
          Daniel: Oh! You see?
          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Ray Park is a god! In any case, Rachel is one extremely lucky girl.
            And he's good at what he does. He was asked to audition for Darth Maul while he was just working out at the gym. Now that's lucky....
            I can't wait to see how Teyla's moves improve with his help.

http://www.savestargatesg1.com/
            Spoiler:
            SCI-FI....
            I Find Your Lack Of Faith Disturbing

Comment

2Bam, when was the last time you had a nice conversation with Rachel Luttrell? She told me herself here. You calling her a liar?

Maybe we're not the only ones who should check our sources. If you see it on GateWorld, it's true. We take reporting news very seriously.

Listen to Rachel mention the training here.

I await your response.
              This does not verify that she has trained with him, only that she had the offer to train with him. The last conversation that I had with her was................o let me see..............6 hours ago, on set. I work there and I am responsible for training her. Look deeper and you will find the truth. I am the Stunt Coordinator/Martial Arts Choreographer on the show. Is that enough evidence for you? Thank you all for your comments on this subject. I always appreciate feedback, honest feedback that is. No, by the way, I would never call Rachel a liar as she is a close and dear friend/student of mine. She did not train with him, end of story. Although Mr. Park is a very talented Martial Artist, his style is not that of what we have established on Atlantis with the Teyla character. He comes from a Wushu background, and as many people on this site have noticed, our style leans more towards a Kali/Arnis flair. These are completely different in origin, feel, and practical application. Wushu is a purely performance art, Kali is very pratical and dangerous. I did not speak up for the longest time because I did not think it was my place, and I am not here to create any negative vibes, but I thought the information required to be shared before people started taking it anywhere else. Thanx again for caring in the first place and for watching the show!!
              Last edited by 2BAM; 10 May 2005, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                All I know is that Teyla does the majority of her own stunts, including the episodes with the sticks, and she is GOOD!!!!!! I'd have bandaides on every finger.
                She's very good!!

Comment

2Bam, when was the last time you had a nice conversation with Rachel Luttrell? She told me herself here. You calling her a liar?

Maybe we're not the only ones who should check our sources. If you see it on GateWorld, it's true. We take reporting news very seriously.

Listen to Rachel mention the training here.

I await your response.
                  By the way David, I appreciate your position and I understand the information you were given. Rachel and I have spoken about this subject many times ourselves. Its no fault of yours that the training did not end up happening in the end, and you were just relating the facts at the time as you were given them. You run a very good site here and I am proud that everyone is that interested in Rachel's training in the first place. She is a fantastic student with a huge talent for retaining fight choreography and new techniques. She wants to train on all of her days off! Thanx again for the interest and sorry for making the original thread sound abrupt. You guys rock!!

Comment

Fascinating. In light of this new information (which needs to be confirmed, but let's just assume for the moment that it's all true) your previous posts 2Bam make a lot more sense.

A PM to David might have been a way to clear up the situation and keep your anonymity. As it is, if you hang around (and I hope that you do), you should expect more questions from people as time passes. In the meantime, establishing a relationship off-line with the owners of the site might be beneficial to all.

It's very hard to convey emotions properly on a forum. I do a lot of humor posts but being serious can sometimes be mis-interpreted without smiles, voice inflection, etc.

We're not on the set every day nor in the minds of the writers, so there's a lot of speculation (some of it wild) that naturally goes on here. Mix in a healthy dose of opinion and you have a frothy mix of madness. Any good information to clarify what's happening and provide interesting tidbits is welcomed.

Comment

Well, as I told Mr. Bamford in PM I feel like a jackass! Lol. There are some folks around here whose opinions are simply contradictory to the reports we've posted. Glad to have cleared this particular bit up.

From the material Darren and I saw James is a phenomonal stunt coordinator and the stuff that he has cooked up for early, early season two is nothing short of astounding -- nothing of this intensity has been seen on Stargate yet.

Comment

David.. .don't worry about anything. When I saw this thread I thought he was rather abrasive and was going to report him to a mod! I had read your report on Rachel/Ray Park awhile back and, knowing how thorough you folks are, I took offense at someone attacking our much beloved "management"

Glad things have been cleared up, but now that everyone knows his handle, he will probably be bombarded with questions.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                          By the way David, I appreciate your position and I understand the information you were given. Rachel and I have spoken about this subject many times ourselves. Its no fault of yours that the training did not end up happening in the end, and you were just relating the facts at the time as you were given them. You run a very good site here and I am proud that everyone is that interested in Rachel's training in the first place. She is a fantastic student with a huge talent for retaining fight choreography and new techniques. She wants to train on all of her days off! Thanx again for the interest and sorry for making the original thread sound abrupt. You guys rock!!
                          In this thread you claim that this guy is Rachel's trainer. Is this you?

Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well, as I told Mr. Bamford in PM I feel like a jackass! Lol. There are some folks around here whose opinions are simply contradictory to the reports we've posted. Glad to have cleared this particular bit up.
                            I'll second that. But since it's been debated a lot on the forum, I do have to say thank you THANK YOU for going with the Kali/Arnis. It is so nice to see a martial art that is actually useful and not the kickboxing/shaky camera stuff that you see on most tv shows. Rachel does a wonderful job with it, so kudos dude!

p.s. Who came up with that nifty take-down Ford does in The Brotherhood?
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                              LOL, took the words right out of my mouth. He also played Belthozar for those of you who watched Charmed.
                              And the Headless Horseman in Sleepy Hollow (specifically the Headless Horseman; the head was Christopher Walken).
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                In this thread you claim that this guy is Rachel's trainer. Is this you?

That picture would indeed be of James Bamford, who is the Stunt Co-ordinator for Atlantis...and is the person who trained Rachel Luttrell in the martial arts she uses on the show. He was interviewed for one of TV-Zone's SG Special mags.

However, I'm not certain 2BAM is BamBam...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X