This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizzy502
    i just got back from Vancouver and had spent 5 days on the set with the actors, I saw Rachel training with the stunt coordinator myself.
    Wizzy is a troll that pretends to be Jason Momoa's mother, and a perfect example of why we were initially skeptical of you, 2BAM.
    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Experience has taught me to be sceptical of anyone who claims to be someone important, or who knows someone.

However, I DO know that VIPs hang out in fora and chat rooms. That would be especially true of this one.

My question is, how do you know that Whizzy is a troll? I'm curious as I've not encountered the handle before.
      Last edited by Droops; 16 May 2005, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
        Thanx Droops.
        Sorry, I guess I'm just really stupid, but who is David Bamford?
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          Scroll back and read the beginning of this thread. It will answer your question.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

What FP said. But you can also go to this post in this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=21

And then read the next four posts.

Comment

David??? David is the mod...it's James Bamford...LOL!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
              "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                What FP said. But you can also go to this post in this thread:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....8&postcount=21

And then read the next four posts.
                Thank you for answering me Droops.....got it!
                On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                  Experience has taught me to be sceptical of anyone who claims to be someone important, or who knows someone.

However, I DO know that VIPs hang out in fora and chat rooms. That would be especially true of this one.

My question is, how do you know that Whizzy is a troll? I'm curious as I've not encountered the handle before.
                  I've looked at many of Whizzy's posts and they are somewhat "cryptic"?

If someone knows something for certain, just say it, don't allude to knowledge you may or may not have.

And Droops, I've met a lot of "posers" online. It's easy to say you are someone, when you are sitting in front of a one way screen. I know many "important" people probably "lurk" around this Forum, from time to time, but the majority do not post, or if they do, they identify themselves, to verify the information they are posting.

Does that make sense.....because I'm having the feeling that everything I've posted today has been misinterpreted. Think I'll call it a night, or maybe a week. Might be safer.

Have a good one and TY again for the answer.
                  On fighting:

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                    David??? David is the mod...it's James Bamford...LOL!
                    Oh, and Mr. Bamford, I apologize for getting your fist name wrong. I will now always remember that it is James, not David.

TY knock, for pointing that out.
                    On fighting:

Comment

I've looked at many of Whizzy's posts and they are somewhat "cryptic"?

If someone knows something for certain, just say it, don't allude to knowledge you may or may not have.

And Droops, I've met a lot of "posers" online. It's easy to say you are someone, when you are sitting in front of a one way screen. I know many "important" people probably "lurk" around this Forum, from time to time, but the majority do not post, or if they do, they identify themselves, to verify the information they are posting.

Does that make sense.....because I'm having the feeling that everything I've posted today has been misinterpreted. Think I'll call it a night, or maybe a week. Might be safer.

Have a good one and TY again for the answer.
                      I've seen sooo many posers online it's unreal. I don't see why people feel the need to pretend to be someone who they aren't. Ultimately, you only get found out.

It's nice to know that 'important' people lurk...unless they are lurking in certain places...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I hate to turn this into an ask James Bamford thread. Well, I don't hate to do it because he seems like a really cool guy and I certainly want to hear more of him. But by the same token I don't want to scare him off or irritate him or anything. Something I've been really happy with is that in martial arts sequences they don't resort to the shaky camera approach to fight scenes. I was always irritated by it in Buffy, but Alias has taken it to all new extremes. In the middle of any fight scene the camera starts shaking like it's the middle of an earth quake so you don't see exactly what's being done and you don't realize how slow they're going. I mean okay, my standards for martial arts stuff is kind of high after all the Bruce Lee movies I've seen. But yeah. Thanks James in whatever influence you have in letting us see what's actually going on. Also, I already know the answer to this one, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Any chance of maybe seeing some Iaido? I've been itching to see some on screen since I learned a little this time last year.
                        ~Teddy
                        "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Lida and Beanie,

I've been chatting or posting to fora for ten years now and have seen my share of interesting things. In fact I met my wife in a chat room. Yep, one of those couples.

Anyway, couple of stories that show how hard it can be sometimes to separate truth from fiction.

In 1997 I started chatting in thirtysomething rooms on a chat board called WBS Webchat. There were three thirtysomething rooms: main, Lounge, and Terrace (I was a Terracite, it's where I met my wife). Anyway, one day this woman came in with a handle of something like Irish Jade. The woman's pic she was using was her's she said, and she said she was married. She established herself as a regular. After a couple of months, she 'introduced' us to a sister with a handle of 'Summer Nights.' This sister was married. Then a third sister came in, 'Sweet Silent Nights' who was single but deaf.

Over the next few months very elaborate lives were revealed. One sister was having marriage problems. The second had her husband sick and injured. The third was worried about a tumor recently found, etc.

It was all a lie. It was one woman making up all of these very elaborate personae. She would even open up three chat windows at once and talk to herself. We found out when the real owner of the 'picture' turned up angry that her pic was being used without permission.

Another time we were chatting when a regular came in with the breathless claim that she had just been talking to Sandra Bullock! Sure sure, we all said. Right. Sandra Bullock chats at WBS. A few months later, someone published an interview and Sandra Bullock said she spent a lot of time online and chatted in a place called WBS Webchat. Be damned, she DID chat in one of our rooms! That person DID speak with her!

So yea, I know there are posers. I also know that some 'posers' are who they say. This forum has a lot of people from the Stargate universe who come here and read, and I bet that there's more than a couple who actually post but do so without revealing who they are. That's prudent. Point being, while it's good to be sceptical, you have to be more open than usual to the idea that maybe, just maybe, the person posting IS who they say they are.

The trick will be to find a way for Darren and David to confirm these claims if possible. Absent confirmation, I'd be sceptical, but I wouldn't dismiss it outright.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Aiden Ford
                            Wizzy is a troll that pretends to be Jason Momoa's mother, and a perfect example of why we were initially skeptical of you, 2BAM.
                            Well, I don't know who wizzy really is, but Jason's mother was just visiting our set and did watch Rachel and I rehearse. Wizzy maybe the real deal. Don't gang up on her yet. Jason's mom is a sweetheart, by the way.

Comment

Oh, and Mr. Bamford, I apologize for getting your fist name wrong. I will now always remember that it is James, not David.

TY knock, for pointing that out.
                              Think nothing of it. O, and what is with this "Mr." stuff? My name is James. People call me James or BAMBAM. Take your pick. Thank you for the considerate attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
                                I hate to turn this into an ask James Bamford thread. Well, I don't hate to do it because he seems like a really cool guy and I certainly want to hear more of him. But by the same token I don't want to scare him off or irritate him or anything. Something I've been really happy with is that in martial arts sequences they don't resort to the shaky camera approach to fight scenes. I was always irritated by it in Buffy, but Alias has taken it to all new extremes. In the middle of any fight scene the camera starts shaking like it's the middle of an earth quake so you don't see exactly what's being done and you don't realize how slow they're going. I mean okay, my standards for martial arts stuff is kind of high after all the Bruce Lee movies I've seen. But yeah. Thanks James in whatever influence you have in letting us see what's actually going on. Also, I already know the answer to this one, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Any chance of maybe seeing some Iaido? I've been itching to see some on screen since I learned a little this time last year.
                                ~Teddy
                                Once again, thank you for the compliments. I will continue to answer what I can as long as the posts are not too, too long. I've been hit in the head quite a few times and don't read so good!! Just kidding!! It is the director of each episode's choice how he wants to photograph my fights. I can only advise on the subject and it is up to him to go with the suggestion or do it his own way. I credit our directors for allowing the fights to shine thus far on screen. I usually will take a little visit to the editing department after the fight has been shot to make myself available to answer any questions the editor may have on the choreography or timing of the sequence as well. As far as Iaido goes, watch season 2...............closely..........it will appear in some form, I promise you.

Comment

Working...
                                X