X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David
    An example of one of the knuckleheads I was referring to, James

But I also fully appreciate a fresh bit of skepticism -- except the tunnel-vision and "talking to a brick wall" kinds.
    LOL. I guess you weren't kidding!! Some people's kid's! Thanx for the support David.

Comment

Lol , Don't I look silly. Originally when I was reading through them I thought that you could have been testing the water after who you said you were. Then it was the bit about Teyla's training & origins that threw me off course. To save me from this red face, You shoulda put it was Athosian-Fu or anything rather than enquiring about them yourself. That's the sucker that got me good.

So again, I do apologise. Just when reading I honestly thought you were a Kook. After reading through posts make on forums like this & similar ones relating to Star-Wars/Star-Trek etc. You see posts from people claiming to be ???? & So I've learned to take them at face value.

So unfortunately tonight my mouth seems to be running at twice the speed of my brain.

Comment

Wraith Hunter, you wouldn't happen to be Brad Wright, would you?

Stranger things!

Comment

Sorry, I'm afraid Not. I'd like to have his wage packet though but other than that I'm just a normal Joe who practises too much Martial Arts & who seems to have too much time on his hands lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
            Sorry, I'm afraid Not. I'd like to have his wage packet though but other than that I'm just a normal Joe who practises too much Martial Arts & who seems to have too much time on his hands lately.
            Martial Arts meaning what?

Comment

I'll admit I was skeptical at first. But I've been on enough forums where people claimed to be people they weren't. 2BAM you are who you are, and I'm sure that's enough for you. Lord knows how I would handle it if someone said I wasn't who I was. I just want to say a big thank you. I've been a martial artist for 12 years, I've been teaching for 7. I've had it to here (holding hand above head) with some of the martial arts I've seen on TV. I was so excited to see Arnis on tv that I can't explain. I've done enough of it to know I wouldn't want to mess with someone who is good at it. I just wish there was a Kali/Arnis school here in Louisville. For that matter there are a lot of things I wish we had in louisville that we don't. But yeah, thanks a heap for posting here. And I'm really impressed with what I've seen on the show. You guys rock. Keep kicking !@#.
              ~Teddy
              "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                I'm just a normal Joe who practises too much Martial Arts & who seems to have too much time on his hands lately.
                I know exactly what you mean.
                ~Teddy
                "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
                  I'll admit I was skeptical at first. But I've been on enough forums where people claimed to be people they weren't. 2BAM you are who you are, and I'm sure that's enough for you. Lord knows how I would handle it if someone said I wasn't who I was. I just want to say a big thank you. I've been a martial artist for 12 years, I've been teaching for 7. I've had it to here (holding hand above head) with some of the martial arts I've seen on TV. I was so excited to see Arnis on tv that I can't explain. I've done enough of it to know I wouldn't want to mess with someone who is good at it. I just wish there was a Kali/Arnis school here in Louisville. For that matter there are a lot of things I wish we had in louisville that we don't. But yeah, thanks a heap for posting here. And I'm really impressed with what I've seen on the show. You guys rock. Keep kicking !@#.
                  ~Teddy
                  Thank you for your interest. I was hoping some people that actually train would watch the show. I've been involved in the martial arts for some 26 years now, 14 of which have been in the film industry. I was just like you................very tired, and bored of non-practical styles being displayed on film and tv as practical and effective. Bruce Lee had the right idea in the first place as far as I am concerned. I strive to do well in his eyes. There has been too much watered down style littered with acrobatics and wire-work these days. It is my aim to change that. Don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate a talented performance, no matter what the style, or origin. It is just my view that..............combat hurts, and it should be displayed as such on film if it must be displayed at all. I am sure you will all enjoy what I have put together for you in Season 2 if you liked the first Season's action at all. Let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                    . He, Rainbow Sun Francks, Martin Gero, Joseph Mallozzi, and the others from the cast and crew who post here and don't tell you -- they're the genuine articles. Enjoy their company.
                    David Hewlett gave an interview where he denied posting on any board on any topic ever. He's an inveterate lurker it seems.

But if he were to break his rule and post here, I'd say he has excellent taste in forums.

Heeeeeere DavidDavidDavid! :::leaves out coffee to tempt him with:::
                    ~*~*~*~*~*
                    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                      Thanx Droops.
                      You're welcome, glad to be of help.

And thanks for coming back and continuing to talk with us. I think it's great and look forward to more interesting news and information.

Comment

Originally posted by teddybearnospaces
                        ~Teddy
                        Completely OT, nice to see someone from my home town.

Comment

Originally posted by not so ancient
                          David Hewlett gave an interview where he denied posting on any board on any topic ever. He's an inveterate lurker it seems.

But if he were to break his rule and post here, I'd say he has excellent taste in forums.

Heeeeeere DavidDavidDavid! :::leaves out coffee to tempt him with:::

LOL ..... So many lurkers so little time to post. The number of 'insiders' here is more then you would expect. Yo Chris .... here is a Heinken.
                          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

lol! I wonder what other foods we should leave out to attract the lurkers? I see beer, coffee, and Krispy Kremes. What else would work I wonder?

Comment

i just got back from Vancouver and had spent 5 days on the set with the actors, I saw Rachel training with the stunt coordinator myself.

Comment

How did you get so lucky to spend five days on the set? I'm sure lots of people here would love to hear about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X