No announcement yet.

Merlin (BBC version) Spoilers abound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is anyone in the US watching it on NBC? We've seen up through episode six now. I've been enjoying it. It's not great television, but it's a fun diversion from more serious stuff.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      So is anyone in the US watching it on NBC? We've seen up through episode six now. I've been enjoying it. It's not great television, but it's a fun diversion from more serious stuff.
      I'm watching it. I've always been a fan of pretty much any incarnation of the Camelot story, so I'm enjoying it. It's great summer viewing.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

I watched it. In my opinion its great lite- summer fare. Not groundbreaking television, somewhat formulaic, but enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          I've been watching it and enjoying it. I didn't realize that it was a British show until I found this thread. I hope they keep on showing it here...I know Primeval stopped after three seasons...
          sigpic

Comment

I love watching Merlin, it's not so serious and it's great light-hearted fun! Not to mention hot hot men! *coughArthurcough*

I personally love the whole premise of a young Merlin, and starting the whole story from the beginning, and setting Merlin and Arthur in the same age-range, it creates a new dynamic for the characters that we all know from legend, and certainly more drama once the characters turn to where they are suppose to be in legend. And besides, this is a new refreshing look, a different take on the legend that's been done to death.

I was so glad that Merlin didn't fall into the same old Arthurian legend version that every other Merlin/Arthur show seems to be, I like that this one is a much younger and different version with modern twists. I was sick and tired of seeing the same legend repeating over and over again, and Merlin brought a new feeling and I LOVE it!!!

So bravo to the Merlin creators for getting something different!!!!!

I can't wait for season 2!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow View Post
              I love watching Merlin, it's not so serious and it's great light-hearted fun! Not to mention hot hot men! *coughArthurcough*

I personally love the whole premise of a young Merlin, and starting the whole story from the beginning, and setting Merlin and Arthur in the same age-range, it creates a new dynamic for the characters that we all know from legend, and certainly more drama once the characters turn to where they are suppose to be in legend. And besides, this is a new refreshing look, a different take on the legend that's been done to death.

I was so glad that Merlin didn't fall into the same old Arthurian legend version that every other Merlin/Arthur show seems to be, I like that this one is a much younger and different version with modern twists. I was sick and tired of seeing the same legend repeating over and over again, and Merlin brought a new feeling and I LOVE it!!!

So bravo to the Merlin creators for getting something different!!!!!

I can't wait for season 2!!!
              I'm enjoying it as well, and like you...I'm glad that there are modern twists to the show.
              sigpic

Comment

I and my daughter watch this show, and we are having a great time with it. It is nice seeing Merlin grow "very slowly" into his power with some ineptness on the way.
                ---------------------
                sigpic
                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

I absolutely love this show. I was so looking forward to a new version of the Arthur legend and a show about Merlin. I watch whatever I can on shows about Merlin. At fist I was nervous. I thought it might focus too much on special effects and not on storyline. I also thought there would be some bad acting. To my pleasant surprise I was wrong.
                  The story is intriguing. I love the young version of Merlin. Its a new twist. Yes the writers are playing fast and loose with the legend but no one owns the legend so its there to play with.
                  The acting is amazing. I especially love Colin who plays Merlin. He is one talented actor. The woman who plays Gwen is also very talented.
                  The best part of the show is the friendship between Merlin and Arthur. There is such chemistry. Seeing the two of them grow as characters to become the men they are meant to be is what really makes the storyline special in this version. Thats why I like the idea of the two characters being the same age.
                  So for those who do not like this show, I just don't understand. There is humour, fighting scenes, magic, The Great Dragon, mystery and great acting. Not to mention two really good looking guys.
                  This show is much better than Robin Hood. That show lost me very early on. I barely made it to season two.
                  As far as Merlin goes, I am so looking forward to season two.

Comment

I love this show! I think I may have a geek crush on Colin Mogan.

Comment

So for those in the UK, when does it air again?
                      sigpic

Comment

I discovered this show recently and I have to confess it's my current guilty pleasure. Being introduced to Arthur's legend by a very old (BBC?) version (yep, I am THAT old...) and having rediscovered it through Marion Zimmer Bradley, I do appreciate this light but fun version with a young Merlin. Of course the story doesn't seem to follow the traditional lines and it's much cleaner, but I don't mind.

I couldn't care less if the CGI isn't the best I've seen, there is more than great VFX and SFX to make a show I find enjoyable. Personally, endless plot twist Lost style bore me to death, make the story lose its arcs or purpose. But that's a discussion for another thread.

I am curious to see how the Morgana character and her strained relationship with Uther develop.
                        Spoiler:
                        now that Nimueh is out of the picture as the villain. Are they going to introduce Vivian as the new Lady of the Lake?
                        Last edited by JadedWraith; 02 September 2009, 05:21 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

We watched the season finale, and quite enjoyed it. Loved how the rabbit's foot had an unintended consequence. Merlin's luck was very unlucky for everyone else. I will not say more so that I don't spoil the season finale for anyone who has not yet seen it, but I will say this episode explains many things, and sets up well the next season.
                          ---------------------
                          sigpic
                          Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Lisa in Ramona, Calif.: Will the show Merlin continue either in the fall or again next summer? I love this show—the best all summer!

The good news is that Merlin season two has already been ordered. The bad news is that the summer ratings here in the States were not good, and when asked if the show would be returning, a rep for NBC said, "I don't have any info right now." If the show returns to American TV (and there's no guarantee that will happen), we suspect it will air on something like BBC America or Syfy, rather than straight broadcast NBC.

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch..._gay_kiss.html

Comment

Q&A: 'Merlin' girls Gwen and Morgana

Merlin finally returns for its second series on BBC One this Saturday, so to celebrate, we're declaring this week to be Merlin Week here on Tube Talk!

Every day for the next five days we'll be bringing you a different Merlin-themed interview or preview - and we kick off today by catching up with Katie McGrath (Morgana) and Angel Coulby (Gwen). Just how evil will Morgana get this series? And will Gwen start to develop feelings for Arthur?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/blog/tubetalk/

Comment

Just found this starts again tonight... but you already know. Call this is reminder then! BBC1 in 25 minutes!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X