Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that Id like to throw out there amongst all the Halo hype is that im going to be in this movie

and from what Ive been told, principle photography will begin spring/summer next year out in New Zealand
    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I want it to be acurate too.
      And not a game with huge guns and gore scenes to impress idiots
      Aswell as 13 y/os running around after the show jumping around saying OMG OMG OMG It was like sooo cool and he shot the grunt and his head went boom!
      and they'll run around saying OH IM SOOO GOOD AT HALO 2!!!!

Comment

^Well, if the script that was leaked was accurate, it looks to be immense. That beginning bit with the Spartans and the Covenant battling sounds unbelievably sweet.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Any new news on the Halo movie? I'm very excited for it.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I would be really PO'ed if Uwe Boll directed this movie. His involvement is parallel to defecating on the game-to-movie translation of a franchise.
            I want to know when they will be showing a trailer or releasing a poster for the movie. The Spiderman 3 trailer really got me worked up to see it.
            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
            Caboose: They could be worse?
            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Since this appears to be the primary, albeit dead and rotting thread for this subject:

http://www.variety.com/VR1117952317.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/20/ga...or-halo-movie/

Originally posted by Joystiq Article
              Both Universal and Fox Studios have pulled out of the Halo movie adaptation, citing rising movie costs and concern over the inexperience of first time director Neil Blomkamp. As the budget was rumored to be edging closer to $200 million, and Microsoft getting a lion's share of the profits, the studio execs decided it was time to pull the plug.

It's hard to argue with the logic on this one, based on the director alone. While Peter Jackson is executive producing, Neil Blomkamp doesn't have one feature film to his name, having only been a 3D animator on TV shows like Smallville and Stargate, and directed a Halo-ish short film entitled Alive in Joburg. If Jackson himself took the reins, it would probably be a no brainer, but you can easily understand Universal and Fox not wanting to roll a pair of $200 million dollar dice on someone their first time out of the gate.

Microsoft hasn't made things much easier, demanding an upfront fee of five million for the rights and 10% of the profits -- especially when movies based on video games have never been huge performers at the box office. This isn't to say the movie still couldn't get made. Jackson is still attached and pre-production continues on the film, although without a studio home it now faces a serious uphill battle.

According to Jackson's agent at International Creative Management, Ken Kamins, "What happened was this: Universal, on behalf of both studios, asked for a meeting with the filmmakers just prior to the due date of a significant payment. Basically, they said that in order to move forward with the film, the filmmakers had to significantly reduce their deals. They waited until the last minute to have this conversation. Peter and Fran, after speaking with their producing partners and with Microsoft and Bungee (the studio that designed the original game), respectfully declined."
              For the best, IMO.
              Last edited by Mefusta; 20 October 2006, 02:43 AM.
              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
              - Serenity

Comment

While Peter Jackson is executive producing, Neil Blomkamp doesn't have one feature film to his name, having only been a 3D animator on TV shows like Smallville and Stargate, and directed a Halo-ish short film entitled Alive in Joburg. If Jackson himself took the reins, it would probably be a no brainer, but you can easily understand Universal and Fox not wanting to roll a pair of $200 million dollar dice on someone their first time out of the gate.
                Hm, who knew this thread IS actually stargate related.
                I want to see the HALO activated... wonder if it will flush the galaxy clean with a great big Koowoosh.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

yeah the frist thing that poped in my head when i first saw that ring was stargate that sucks about the movie i was looking forword to it to but it looks like it might not get made oh welll there still halo 3

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkWolf View Post
                    Ive done both games on legendary as well and the pelican bay is by far the hardest section in both. the way i got past it was with a plasma pistol and a battle rifle. one charge up shot from the pistol to get rid of the sheilds and one head shot with the rifle to finish them off (note: white elites may need two charge up shots). also, throw grenades at the ship they come out of just as they are coming out, u might get lucky and stick one or two on an elite. stick behind the crates near the door for cover when your shield is down and be patient. (after a few seconds, everyone stops firing and start to look away. use this time to take one or two out before hiding and then repeat as necessary). as for the plasma rifle, its pretty much useless on legendary IMO as i never used it. stick with the plasma pistol and Battle rifle, by far the best gun combo.

As for the movie, flash backs are a good idea, but there would be a lot to cover i.e. how 117 got recruited as i assume it happened before the war, his training, how the war started, why they were on reach, what happened to all the other spartans, etc.
                    Yep, the two cargo bay sections are easy as pie on legendary if you have your charged plasma pistols and battle rifle.
                    The trick is to have plenty of plasma pistols at your disposal.
                    For the second cargo bay, you've got to round up as many plasma pistols from the first cargo bay and take em round and leave them by the entry door to the second bay.
                    You have to do that before you enter the fray in the second room. Once you start shotting in the second room, all the plasma pistols left over from the previous cargo room disappear. I always have 8 or 9 plasma pistols at hand before I start on the second room.

Comment

As far as a film goes: As long as they don't follow the second game. Splitting the narrative into two seperate stories(Chief then ELite) is an absolute no no in storytelling. Its what ruined Halo 2.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                        As far as a film goes: As long as they don't follow the second game. Splitting the narrative into two seperate stories(Chief then ELite) is an absolute no no in storytelling. Its what ruined Halo 2.
                        Well, duh. Halo 2's storyline will be saved for the sequel. That's when we want to meet the Arbiter and get a good look at the Covenant society.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta View Post
                          Since this appears to be the primary, albeit dead and rotting thread for this subject:

http://www.variety.com/VR1117952317.html

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/20/ga...or-halo-movie/

For the best, IMO.
                          Well, Peter Jackson went through esentially the same thing with Lord of the Rings. Miramax was the original distribution partner on a two-film story, but they balked about the budget. New Line picked it, expanded it to its proper trilogy, and the rest is history. Hopefully, some daring, far-sighted studio will step up this time.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter View Post
                            Well, duh. Halo 2's storyline will be saved for the sequel. That's when we want to meet the Arbiter and get a good look at the Covenant society.
                            The halo 2 narrrative should be dropped all together for ANY sequel.

Comment

This Wingnut Films press release has just come on Ain't It Cool News:

As was previously confirmed, we deeply regret that both Universal and Fox did not choose to move forward with financing the Halo film under the original terms of the agreement. At this time Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, along with their partner, Microsoft, have mutually agreed to postpone making a feature film based on the Halo video game universe until we can fulfill the promise we made to millions of Halo fans throughout the world that we would settle for no less than bringing a first class film to the big screen. We are fully supportive of Director Neill Blomkamp's vision of the film. Neill is a tremendously gifted filmmaker and his preliminary work on Halo is truly awe-inspiring. While it will undoubtedly take a little longer for Halo to reach the big screen, we are confident that the final feature film will be well worth the wait.
                              Further proof that Hollywood's population is composed primarily of idiots.

a time to mourn

Comment

yey, Peter Jackson's involved
                                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                                X