Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W/Peter Jackson on board, they can't really screw this up.
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
      Personally, i think it sounds immense. I look forward to that flashback with the spartans. Sounds, uber macho. LotR style epic fights, but with plasma grenades and loads of blood!

One thing, i don't like the idea of seeing MC's face. It shouldn't be shown! EVEEEEEER!!!!!
      It sounds like they're gonna go with a seven foot tall Master Chief. Casting should be interesting for this. Who wears the suit? Is the voice provided by another actor? If so, they gotta have the guy who did MC in the games reprise the role. (Along with Cortana! There's no reason for that actress to not return.)

a time to mourn

Comment

This should be a Blockbuster -- Halo has brought in so much $$ as it is, and this will just add to the pandemic
        Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
          It sounds like they're gonna go with a seven foot tall Master Chief. Casting should be interesting for this. Who wears the suit? Is the voice provided by another actor? If so, they gotta have the guy who did MC in the games reprise the role. (Along with Cortana! There's no reason for that actress to not return.)
          Yeah, they have to have the original Cortana, like CGI'd if it's not based on the same woman.

One thing that concerns me, it's basically a film that's gonna be heavily reliant on CGI, has anyone else got the feeling it's gonna be like a "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" kind of animated film? The locations, Spartans etc. etc. would be very dificult to do, let alone find someone to do justice to MC's face and size etc. as you correctly mentioned above.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
            Well, I stand corrected...
            Indeed you have. These guys arent doing some half assed thing and hiring Paul . Wank. ****. Anderson, theyre going all out.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              Yeah, they have to have the original Cortana, like CGI'd if it's not based on the same woman.

One thing that concerns me, it's basically a film that's gonna be heavily reliant on CGI, has anyone else got the feeling it's gonna be like a "Final Fantasy: Spirits Within" kind of animated film? The locations, Spartans etc. etc. would be very dificult to do, let alone find someone to do justice to MC's face and size etc. as you correctly mentioned above.
              It won't be an animated film. With WETA involved, I'm certain they can pull of everything they'll need. Now, I hope they can find a guy of the right height and build to wear the suit, but if they can't, we know they already have experience in making people look to be a different size. It's going to be a very complex, technically challenging produciton, no doubt about it, but should prove to be a highly rewarding final product for the fans.

(IMO, Shaquille O'Neil is the right size for MC. Not that I'd really want Shaq to be the one to portray him, and he certainly wouldn't have enough time to film a movie like this.)

a time to mourn

Comment

sounds like it will be good so will we see some other spartans? and will there be flashbacks to his earlier life like in the novel the fall of reach that would be a good idea i think delving into his emotionally troubled childhood years would be a good idea and i hope oni feature the NID of the halo universe

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                  It won't be an animated film. With WETA involved, I'm certain they can pull of everything they'll need. Now, I hope they can find a guy of the right height and build to wear the suit, but if they can't, we know they already have experience in making people look to be a different size. It's going to be a very complex, technically challenging produciton, no doubt about it, but should prove to be a highly rewarding final product for the fans.

(IMO, Shaquille O'Neil is the right size for MC. Not that I'd really want Shaq to be the one to portray him, and he certainly wouldn't have enough time to film a movie like this.)
                  I can't see it working any other way myself.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33624

Del Toro Halo Rumor Confirmed

Empire Online has confirmed rumors that Peter Jackson has approached Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro to helm the eagerly awaited adaptation of the best-selling video game Halo.
                    sigpic

Comment

Im sooo Habby I used to be Obesessed! with Halo
                      Apparently it's either Peter Jackson or Uwe Boll Directing it.

Comment

Uwe Boll will be shot if he touches his movie. Microsoft and Bungie want it to be accurate and not an expensive piece of crap which allows german investors tax breaks for helping to fund them

it won't be Jackson either. he will be an executive producer but Guillermo del Toro may be doing it, but i don't think he has signed on yet but he was in talks

sigpic

Comment

A Halo movie, huh? I'm interested.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Peter Jackson? If so, hopefully, it won't be as long a movie as his others...well, it's Halo, so perhaps the longer the better

Originally posted by RodneyMckay

Im sooo Habby I used to be Obesessed! with Halo
                            Apparently it's either Peter Jackson or Uwe Boll Directing it.
                            Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

A. Old news, and there are threads about this already:

HALO movie
                              Peter Jackson is the CONFIRMED executive producer for the "Halo" movie!!!
                              Halo movie script leaked

B. Since those are old threads, I guess I'll cover all the bases on this, as I know them:

Peter Jackson is the executive producer. He won't direct, as he has said LotR followed by King Kong has worn him out. He's planning to "have the fun without the work" in this movie.

Guillermo del Toro is in talks to direct, but he's also looking to get Hellboy 2 going. Hellboy is a major obsession of his, and he will pass on Halo if the Hellboy script he's recently turned in to the studio gets a green light.

Jackson is responsible for hiring the director, so I'm confident that whoever he gets will be a good one.

As a package deal with Jackson, WETA will be doing the assorted visual and practical effects: spaceships, armor, aliens, whatever.

Microsoft paid screen writer Alex Garland $1 million to write the script, then shopped it to Hollywood once it was approved by the game's creators at Bungie. (Garland wrote the horror hit "28 Days Later...".)

The guys at Bungie have remained involved in the process, and have met with Peter Jackson on at least one occasion since he joined the project. This movie will be true to the vision of Halo's creators.

This is the major summer release for both Fox and Universal, who teamed up to split the high pricetag that Microsoft demanded on the film (to make sure that they were serious). With tow huge studios fully behind the film, you can be sure that it will have the highest production values.

a time to mourn

Comment

I gotta say Im looking forward to this one, I dont play Halo, but I have done in the past and it is fantastic, if they can convert it into a movie they will have a blockbuster on their hands
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X