• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    Yes, WETA will do both CG and practical effects,
    cool

That project seems to have indefinitely stalled, I read last night.
    not cool

Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer, which puts him in a place to make broad decisions about the film (as I understand it). This includes hiring a director. Possibly himself.
    very cool

Comment

http://wham.canoe.ca/news/2005/10/05/1249648-cp.html

Good he might acually make the movie good

The man behind Frodo, Gandalf and King Kong has thrown his weight behind the movie Halo.

Director Peter Jackson — along with screenwriter Fran Walsh, who was also part of The Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong — will be executive producers of Halo — the film based on the hit video game, Microsoft announced Tuesday.

The movie is a partnership with Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox and Microsoft.

The movie Halo will also draw on the skills of WETA Digital, a visual effects company based in New Zealand that worked on the LOTR movies, Van Helsing and King Kong.

Halo has spawned two smash hits for Xbox plus a line of action figures and books. Set in 2552, Halo 2 tells the story of one soldier — Master Chief — and his bid to halt the invasion of the alien Covenant.

“From fabricating Covenant weapons to building life-sized Forerunner structures to accomplishing shot after shot of complex live-action/CG integration — simply put, there’s no group of people we’d rather have realize the Halo universe on screen,” Joseph Staten of Halo developer Bungie Studios wrote on Bungie.net., referring to WETA.
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
      sigpic

Comment

Cool, man. Although this really should be in the General Sci-Fi and Fantasy Thread.
        sigpic

Comment

crap could the mods move this i'm very tired right now
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but someone was also quicker to the trigger here!!

Still, it's great news though!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Crap indeed and i prob would have seen it had i posted in the right spot in the first place
              sigpic

Comment

The script for the upcoming Halo movie has been leaked. And it's already been reviewed:

http://www.latinoreview.com/scriptre...lo/review.html
                Beware of SPOILERS

Google search results:
                http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...nG=Search+News
                sigpic

Comment

It's interesting to note that that reviewer (a non-gamer) gave the script five stars on a one-to-four scale.

a time to mourn

Comment

My faith is restored. I look forward to seeing this.

Comment

1) This is essentially the video game Halo with moronic dream-sequences inserted.

2) This is in all likelyhood fraudulent.

3) This does not change my view that the Halo movie will, as all other Video Game Movie adaptations have done previously, stink out loud.
                      Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                      Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                      Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                      - Serenity

Comment

The only VG movie that i enjoyed was Resident Evil and RE:Apocalypse.
                        Unless they actually do someting with Halo on those lines then it will not be worth it.
                        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                        Pay it forward

Comment

Well on the surface it should make a good movie... just good old fashion war against aliens. Kinda like Stargate, being the aliens are religious crazies that want to kill us. The crpy part, will be the same crpy part in the game ... the flood. The less they are in the movie the better it will be.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mefusta
                            1) This is essentially the video game Halo with moronic dream-sequences inserted.
                            Of course it's Halo, it called Halo, and is about Halo.

2) This is in all likelyhood fraudulent.
                            Go check the article again, it's been updated with the reviewer's verification of the script's authenticity.

3) This does not change my view that the Halo movie will, as all other Video Game Movie adaptations have done previously, stink out loud.
                            There are a lot of ways they could screw this movie up.

They aren't doing any of them.

Microsoft hired a successful screenwriter, Alex Garland, to write the script, and paid him one million dollars for it. The script was not offered to studios until the guys who made the game at Bungie had approved it. They put a heavy pricetag on it, to make sure that it would get the serious effort it deserves, and also got a say in the production of the film.

And they paid Peter Jackson and his wife, Fran Walsh, a million dollars (each?) to be the executive producers. You can be certain that they won't be choosing a hack like Uwe Boll or Paul WS Anderson to direct. (The guys at Bungie had once stated a preference for Ridley Scott, or maybe James Cameron.)

a time to mourn

Comment

Of course it's Halo, it called Halo, and is about Halo.

Go check the article again, it's been updated with the reviewer's verification of the script's authenticity.

There are a lot of ways they could screw this movie up.

They aren't doing any of them.

Microsoft hired a successful screenwriter, Alex Garland, to write the script, and paid him one million dollars for it. The script was not offered to studios until the guys who made the game at Bungie had approved it. They put a heavy pricetag on it, to make sure that it would get the serious effort it deserves, and also got a say in the production of the film.

And they paid Peter Jackson and his wife, Fran Walsh, a million dollars (each?) to be the executive producers. You can be certain that they won't be choosing a hack like Uwe Boll or Paul WS Anderson to direct. (The guys at Bungie had once stated a preference for Ridley Scott, or maybe James Cameron.)
                              Well, I stand corrected...
                              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                              - Serenity

Comment

Personally, i think it sounds immense. I look forward to that flashback with the spartans. Sounds, uber macho. LotR style epic fights, but with plasma grenades and loads of blood!

One thing, i don't like the idea of seeing MC's face. It shouldn't be shown! EVEEEEEER!!!!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Working...
                                X