This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffer
    I think the best movie they could make is when the Covent attack on Reach that movie would be intense
    Yeah, you're right. That would be crazy cool! Bombarding Reach, spartan's everywhere holding off hordes of elites, transports taking off. I picture it like geonosis from Star Wars:AotC except a greener environment. and better. The inevitable battle of earth would be unbelievably macho as well.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

What ever the story it should be good, MS and Bungie have a deal with FOX and Universal in which Bungie has quite a bit of control over the story (unlike with the marvel super hero films in which stan and co. have next to zero input).

IMO i dont think we should see the chiefs face at all, not unless there its going to be a trilogy and then only in the third film in the final scene. kind a like the ending of the first game.

As for cortana, if they are going to make her fully CGI, i think they should make her look the same as in the game and use the same voice artist (i forget her name).
      "Indeed" - the answer to all lifes questions

Comment

i think the game is going to be set between halo 2 and halo 3 im sure i heard that somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150
          i think the game is going to be set between halo 2 and halo 3 im sure i heard that somewhere
          bah that would be crap the best movie would be about Reach
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

how about 15 mins devoted to reach, then the rest devoted to the 1st game?

Comment

Yay Halo movie this sounds exciting (Ive succesfully completed Halo and Halo 2 on legendary mode. And that was with great difficulty.)
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I was thinking about it earlier on, IMO they'd have to do some sort of catch up. Whether by subtle dialogue (kinda like how halo dropped you right in it if you hadn't read "the fall of reach"), an Enterprise intro thingy with clips throughout time or a diary entry. So if they did a catch up, they'd have to show at least some of Reach.
                Originally posted by dosed150
                i think the game is going to be set between halo 2 and halo 3 im sure i heard that
                What's between Halo 2 and 3? Presumably Halo 3 would start right where 2 ended, that would make most sense. Cos if they cut out the battle of earth from the game, i won't even bother buying it.

EDIT: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. whoa.... ^ you completed halo 2 on legendary?? That's near impossible!! 99% of this game is fine, i can do all that. The only hard bits is the first level where the malta (i think. or is it cairo?) explodes and you're fighting the elites in the cargo room. Near impossible. I played that bit for a few hours every day for days on end. eventually i gave up. The other is tartarus at the end, but that's only patience, which i didn't have at the time...

Comment

Yeah the Pleican bay is as far as i can get and i have played it ALOT and i mean ALOT i have even killed the White Elite once or twice but just to be killed from behind from the other Covenant coming in the other door
                  Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                  sigpic

Comment

The first room's alright, incredibly challenging, but then you go to the next room and it's like 5 waves of elites. The last, a guy with a plasma sword, an elite with double plasma rifles and countless other elites. I swear, it's impossible. You must've done it like me and played it for hours trying every possibly option, door and weapon!

One thing i noticed, the pistol is rubish compared to Halo, but if you dual wield it with an SMG or an elite plasma rifle, it's helluva deadly. knocks the elites shield in about 3 shots. just mash the button for all it's worth.

Hey, Metarock Sam, any tips????

Comment

Ive done both games on legendary as well and the pelican bay is by far the hardest section in both. the way i got past it was with a plasma pistol and a battle rifle. one charge up shot from the pistol to get rid of the sheilds and one head shot with the rifle to finish them off (note: white elites may need two charge up shots). also, throw grenades at the ship they come out of just as they are coming out, u might get lucky and stick one or two on an elite. stick behind the crates near the door for cover when your shield is down and be patient. (after a few seconds, everyone stops firing and start to look away. use this time to take one or two out before hiding and then repeat as necessary). as for the plasma rifle, its pretty much useless on legendary IMO as i never used it. stick with the plasma pistol and Battle rifle, by far the best gun combo.

As for the movie, flash backs are a good idea, but there would be a lot to cover i.e. how 117 got recruited as i assume it happened before the war, his training, how the war started, why they were on reach, what happened to all the other spartans, etc.
                      Last edited by DrunkWolf; 21 September 2005, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the tips, i'll have to try them out!!

What happened to the other spartans could be covered with the Reach part. If i remember right, they were the last line against the covenant on reach protecting something, can't remember what. They thought most were killed, but in the 3rd book apparently after halo cortana and MC meet up with some survivors from reach and halo including the odd spartan. Imagine, a LotR esq. battle in which thousands of elites, grunts and jackals run towards the last stronghold of Reach. Spartans on the outside, manning turrets on top all awaiting battle. It would be IMMENSE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                          Thanks for the tips, i'll have to try them out!!

What happened to the other spartans could be covered with the Reach part. If i remember right, they were the last line against the covenant on reach protecting something, can't remember what. They thought most were killed, but in the 3rd book apparently after halo cortana and MC meet up with some survivors from reach and halo including the odd spartan. Imagine, a LotR esq. battle in which thousands of elites, grunts and jackals run towards the last stronghold of Reach. Spartans on the outside, manning turrets on top all awaiting battle. It would be IMMENSE!!!
                          sounds like that would be one amazing battle to watch.

but i always liked the idea of the spartans being like a small commando team sent on the most dangerous missons rather then as an army. but thats how i always saw them as being.

as far as the books go, (correct me if im wrong) but bungie didnt have anything to do with them so the movie plot might be completely different. but i did like the way the books explained how the spartans came to be.

Comment

Actually, yeah you're right. The Spartans probably were more of a commando type. Wasn't that why they were trained, to go on the mission (Halo) but they were attacked by the covenant first and the only survivor was MC? Crap, what was the mission again..... wasn't it to infiltrate one of the covenant's most important buildings or something? And they used the less advanced ship (i can't even remember the name) for some reason or another. I really need to look this stuff up.

Yeah, Bungie had nout to do with them. Check out:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_%2...ries%29#Novels

Comment

the one thing i would like explained in the movie is y Guilty Spark calls the MC A reclaimer
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                                the one thing i would like explained in the movie is y Guilty Spark calls the MC A reclaimer
                                good point jeffer, i completly forgot about that!

hopefully bungie will explain why he said that in the third game.

do you think they will have the arbitar in the film as well, after all, he was in half of the second game?

Comment

Working...
                                X