This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    good point jeffer, i completly forgot about that!

hopefully bungie will explain why he said that in the third game.

do you think they will have the arbitar in the film as well, after all, he was in half of the second game?
    I think so because they call on an Arbitar in times of need so it shouldn't matter when the movie is set there should be one
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
      the one thing i would like explained in the movie is y Guilty Spark calls the MC A reclaimer
      I know why! Or i think i do anyway. It's something like the reclaimer was supposed to be the person who activated the halo network in event of the release of the flood. I reckon the reclaimer must've been the forerunner who activated the halo. And as 343 guilty spark had been alone for so long and was programmed to be so human like he basically went insane and when MC showed up, he thought he was the reclaimer, coming to activate halo once again. It also kinda explains why he hums (god i hated that guy!!!) when he's hovering about waiting for you in the library. I remember someone told em that, it might be in the 2nd book.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
        The first room's alright, incredibly challenging, but then you go to the next room and it's like 5 waves of elites. The last, a guy with a plasma sword, an elite with double plasma rifles and countless other elites. I swear, it's impossible. You must've done it like me and played it for hours trying every possibly option, door and weapon!

One thing i noticed, the pistol is rubish compared to Halo, but if you dual wield it with an SMG or an elite plasma rifle, it's helluva deadly. knocks the elites shield in about 3 shots. just mash the button for all it's worth.

Hey, Metarock Sam, any tips????
        Here are some of my basic tips.
        Smg combined with either needler plasma rifle or another Smg really works well in taking enemies to peices.
        When using the covenenant sword use melee attacks more often then if you were to just attack normally.
        If in a veichal a good tip is to get a really good weapon (or if its a guss wharthog jump in the back) drive along or go in the passenger seat and shoot anything that moves.
        When driving ghosts you may wont to focus more on crushing enemies rather than shooting them as crushing is a bit more effective (shooting and crushing at the same time is recommended rather than one to another.)
        IF Banshees are really annoying you lock on with a rocket launcher and youve finished the job.
        If playing in multiplayer i recommend that you do not use sentinal beams. Why ? you ask its because you can get spotted by anyone so easily try sneaking up behind people and hitting them with a melee before shooting etc.
        But mainly just have a blast and enjoy it.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

i'm lvl 20 on live for Team Slayer and 19 on Rumble Pit i do ok but i just can't seem to get past the pelican bay and i have gotten really really good with sticky grenades but i still can't get past the point
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory....illa&p=4955829

Yes!!! Peter Jackson is onboard for the Halo movie!!

Ever since I read this I have not stopped smiling

This is a good day for Halo fans!
            sigpic
            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!!! That's immense! I'll remain calm till after King Kong just to make sure he's not a one hit wonder, but if KK is anything to go by, Elites and the rest of the Covenant are going to be unbelievably macho.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

This is going to be a classic
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Holy ****!!

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    This is going to be a classic
                    Oh yeah! Most game to movie transitions don't go to well but hearing this gives me the utmost confidence.
                    "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                    I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, Peter Jackson is enough to get me in the theatre. But can someone give me a quick run-down of the premise behind Halo?

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                        can someone give me a quick run-down of the premise behind Halo?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(video_game_series)
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Thanks, Qasim.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how much he's involved in it?? I might be totally wrong, but I thought the producer pretty much raises all the money and tells the director what he has to work with money-wise in each scene. It's possible that he's lending his name to a director that he really believes in to help generate money and publicity. Or maybe he'll be involved in the overall vision more than I realize. What I want to know is; will WETA workshop be working on Halo?? I know they're working on Neon Genesis Evangelion live action first. (they're the guys who did all the LOTR special effects if you didn't know.)

Comment

totally differant subject (but still a video game movie)...I heard Samo Hung was directing a Soul Calibur movie a LONG time ago and haven't heard anything since?? I love Samo, but I hope namco pulled the plug on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
                                What I want to know is; will WETA workshop be working on Halo??
                                Yes, WETA will do both CG and practical effects, just as in LOTR, King Kong, Chronicles of Narnia, and others.

Originally posted by Crichton
                                I know they're working on Neon Genesis Evangelion live action first.
                                That project seems to have indefinitely stalled, I read last night.

Peter Jackson is the Executive Producer, which puts him in a place to make broad decisions about the film (as I understand it). This includes hiring a director. Possibly himself.

Also, Bungie, the studio that made Halo, has retained a lot of control over the film. Microsoft payed one million dollars to have a script written that the Bungie guys had to approve before it was shopped to Hollywood, so we can assume the film will have the utmost respect for the source material.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                                X