Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that while film 2 is going to be an original story or a new spin of an old one set in this universe that films 2 + 3 cover something subtly that is happening across the Federation where the changlings set events in motion that causes the Federation to be disolved and we enter into a DARK AGE
    The Enterprise is found a drift in deep Space but its crew is MIA.

A Tv Mini-Series could be developed to cover the 4 years between the 4th & 5th film. The last story arc of the mini-series is the Beginning of the Dominion War & Film 5 would be its end & end with the Federation being reformed.

Comment

Er... No. We'll never see the 'old' universe again... unless you want to read the novels or the comics.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I really look forward to seeing what happens next in this alternate universe.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In a related note... I'd love to see an 'updated' TNG cast appear as part of a time travel-centred movie, particularly Jake Gyllenhaal as Riker. Of course, that would probably happen well into the life of the current movie series, once Kirk et al are getting a bit tired.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            In a related note... I'd love to see an 'updated' TNG cast appear as part of a time travel-centred movie, particularly Jake Gyllenhaal as Riker. Of course, that would probably happen well into the life of the current movie series, once Kirk et al are getting a bit tired.
            I definitely like some choices better than others.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

How will the writers of Star Trek approach the sequel film?

J.J. Abrams' newly rebooted Star Trek is still in theaters, but writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman tell SCI FI Wire that they're already thinking about the sequel, and they know their dilemma: whether to come up with an original story or go back into Trek lore to retell a story that's been dealt with before.

In either case, the writers say they learned a few lessons from the first movie, which has become an international hit.

"I think the major lesson we learned is that fans were willing to accept differences and surprises, provided that they were somehow echoes or inspired by canon," Orci said in an exclusive interview earlier this month. He added: "We still have to be true to Star Trek the next time around, but we've also been blessed with being able to be unpredictable. And that doesn't mean we can just be shocking for no good reason and just throw everything away. ... It still has to echo everything that Star Trek has been."

At this point, the writers don't have a story or even a premise. "We have agreed to write another one," Orci said. "We're going to start thinking about it any second now. But we're still just having a mental sorbet before we jump back in. And, you know, just seeing all the reactions to the movie. We want to make sure we take it all in and really figure out what worked and what didn't and proceed from there. But now that we have ... an open canvas, ... anything can happen."

Following is an edited version of our exclusive interview.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/how-wil...iters-of-s.php

Comment

beat me to it

i want a original story

Comment

Seconded.
                  Show links to the universe we know but within the context of an original story.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

An original story will get my vote too. But involving other races we have come to know over the course of Star Trek.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      An original story will get my vote too. But involving other races we have come to know over the course of Star Trek.
                      Maybe a mix of both?

We know Khan is out there somewhere, so maybe a "new" story involving him.

Just an idea.

Comment

If old Spock doesn't spill the beans on EVERYTHING that happened in his reality, he's no longer my favourite half-Vulcan. That includes Khan, the Borg, the Dominion...
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

If old Spock doesn't spill the beans on EVERYTHING that happened in his reality, he's no longer my favourite half-Vulcan. That includes Khan, the Borg, the Dominion...
                          technically speaking, if he were to spill the beans on everything... including technology, he could seriously change the power levels in the galaxy.

Comment

So? It's the Federation, the usual good guys. We never see the Klingons or the Romulans saving existence.
                            Considering that the Federation is already 'ahead' thanks to scanning the Narada's future technology, the Klingons may be also, considering a similar encounter with the Narada. The Romulans may also be ahead if Nero gave the Romulans everything he knew about the 'future'. Full disclosure on Spock's part is necessary in any scenario considering the horrible things that WILL happen at some point in the future and the potential changes created by Nero's time travelling.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

So? It's the Federation, the usual good guys. We never see the Klingons or the Romulans saving existence.
                              Considering that the Federation is already 'ahead' thanks to scanning the Narada's future technology, the Klingons may be also, considering a similar encounter with the Narada. The Romulans may also be ahead if Nero gave the Romulans everything he knew about the 'future'. Full disclosure on Spock's part is necessary in any scenario considering the horrible things that WILL happen at some point in the future and the potential changes created by Nero's time travelling.
                              You do make a lot of sense. But, anything could happen.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                                Maybe a mix of both?

We know Khan is out there somewhere, so maybe a "new" story involving him.

Just an idea.
                                I do have to admit, I would love to see this Enterprise crew versus Khan. They would have to find one hell of an actor to play Khan though. You have to do justice to Ricardo Montalban's performance as the character.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X