Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the movie, i will watch the next one if it comes out.

Comment

I have no idea what it will be about, but I for one can't wait for the next Star Trek movie. This one really surpassed all of my expectations and hopes.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, we got probably got about two years to think about it

Such a long wait.

Comment

Director Kevin Smith Wants Khan in Star Trek XII, Praises Chris Pine as Kirk

Smith liked the idea of bring back the character of Khan in the sequel. "Maybe they have to go another way with it," he said. "With [Jack] Nicholson's Joker, you had the scenery-chewing, over-the-top, wonderful Joker performance. And then Heath Ledger gives this 180-degree, creepy but wonderful Joker performance, so maybe they need to go that route. Like, if Ricardo Montalbán's Khan is always beloved because it's so over-the-top and operatic, maybe you get somebody who's a little more coiled-spring."

Just as important as who could play the new Khan, Smith told MTV, will be the power of Chris Pine, to pull off Shatner's memorable line about his enemy.

"It's really going to come down to if Pine can sell, 'Khaaaaan!' " said Smith. "And I'm sure he will be able to."
          http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...-as-Kirk.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            Director Kevin Smith Wants Khan in Star Trek XII, Praises Chris Pine as Kirk

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...-as-Kirk.shtml
            Whoa I might have called it, that'd be so awesome.

Comment

First Star Trek XII Rumors Appear Online - Possible Spoilers

MovieWeb just got off the phone with Star Trek actor Bruce Greenwood (the new Captain Christopher Pike) and the actor revealed that he has created quite a backstory for Pike, which J.J. Abrams hopes to utilize in the upcoming sequel. Here is an excerpt of the article.

According to the site, unlike the original Pike, Greenwood's interpretation of the character will eventually rise from his wheelchair to one-day walk again. While this isn't exactly news, Greenwood hinted that Pike's personal story, as it pertains to this version of the new Star Trek timeline, would be tied directly into Captain Robert April, who, according to the Star Trek The Animated Series was the original Captain of the Starship Enterprise.
              http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...Spoilers.shtml

Comment

Lieutenant Kyle should be in Star Trek XII, along with Chapel, Leslie, Hadley, and Vinci.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Khan? Ok. Then in the 3rd movie, Spock can come back to life, and in the 4th movie, they can save the whales, and in the 5th...
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    Khan? Ok. Then in the 3rd movie, Spock can come back to life, and in the 4th movie, they can save the whales, and in the 5th...
                    I agree. I dont want these new movies following the originals. I want this new crew to follow their own path and not just do updates. yea itd be cool but instead of revisiting old stories id like to see all new ones
                    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

I'm hoping for a movie about the rest of the galaxy, not just the Federation, next time around. I want to see those new Klingon D7s in action, not to mention how the Romulan Warbirds look now.

I'd actually love for them to take a TOS episode and do a variation on it. Khan would be ideal, what with the young hotness of New Trek, but he's been done perfectly already.

The Guardian of Forever might be cool. Kirk's first trip into the past... or visions of how the future has been altered, complete with 'new' versions of Data, Picard, etc.
                      The Doomsday Machine aka planet killer might work, too. 'splosions, ya know.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

What should be in the 'Star Trek' sequel? (And what shouldn't)

Die-hard Star Trek fans seem to have accepted J.J. Abrams' reboot with remarkably little grumbling, thanks to the time-travel-prompted alternate universe that keeps the canon they knew perfectly valid while allowing for new interpretations of the characters and their adventures to flourish. As I was geeking out with a buddy earlier this week, talking about what a Trek sequel might look like, he reminded me of something: There are classic events in the Star Trek Universe that Abrams' reboot didn't undo.
                        http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...rek-seque.html

Comment

Actually since this is the start of Kirk as captain Id like it if we see bits of the 5 yr mission stories sneak into the movies. Like the Guardian of Forever, or the Doomsday planet eater or Botany Bay and Khan. The original movies should be quite a ways down the timeline, if they even ever happen in this universe.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            No one is talking about Wraith of Khan, you do know he appeared in the original series before Star Trek II right? If anything he's referring to remaking Space Seed, not Wraith of Khan.

Comment

J.J. Abrams Says Khan or William Shatner's Kirk Can Appear in Star Trek XII

"The fun of this [new alternate 'Trek' reality] is that the destiny of these characters is in their hands - it's not constrained by the pre-existing films or TV series," Abrams explained. "Believe me, whether it's William Shatner or Khan ... it would be ridiculous to not be open to those ideas."

"One of the reasons we wanted to break with the original 'Star Trek' timeline was it felt restrictive," Abrams said. "The idea, now that we are in an independent timeline, allows us to use any of the ingredients from the past - or come up with brand-new ones - to make potential stories."

"It'll be fun to hear what Alex and Bob are thinking about Khan," Abrams said of their impending meetings to discuss sequel plotlines. "The fun of this timeline is arguing that different stories, with the same characters, could be equally if not more compelling than what's been told before."

Regarding Shatner's Kirk, Abrams said "I wouldn't rule out anything. The point of creating this independent timeline is to not have the restrictions we had coming into this one. And one of those restrictions was that Kirk was dead."
                              http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...Trek-XII.shtml

Comment

I really hope we continue to get these little bits of info as they plan the next movie. It will make the wait a little less painful.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X